• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I just read the ones that come in the magazines that I get, which I know are bought and paid for in most cases, so I read them with that understanding. I also will read reviews from posters on some of the forums from people that I have gotten to know and decided they are worth hearing out.

Fair enough. I had a subscription to several magazines, but I let them run out. Journalism today is just advertisement imo. They do have some good info though. You just have to ignore the, the is the best <> ever

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I am sorry if it seems like I was bashing M.A.C., I am not, and I am sure he is a stand-up guy.

He can claim to be a "trigger-puller" and not a "reviewer", but that is just hair-splitting. He has a channel that he promote that reviews guns. That is a "reviewer" to me.

I am not saying he is biased necessarily, but as a "trigger-pulling reviewer" he does have some responsibility to at least pretend not to show bias!!! Hehe... :)
    So what you’re saying is MAC is really like the CNN of gun reviews?;)

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I am starting a new YouTube review channel Civilian Arms Channel or CAC for short.

I would like any firearms companies please send me stuff I will complete a review totally based on what you pay me. I will also be in a position to bribe other shooters to endorse your product for a small extra fee.

Until recently I had no idea YouTubers made money. Real money did you know some just make a living off you tube?
    I didn't understand how some of them have all this new stuff money for nothing.

I have started to grow my beard it and will be constructing my wardrobe around the most successful YouTubers.
    Any tips from INGO are welcome!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I am starting a new YouTube review channel Civilian Arms Channel or CAC for short.

I would like any firearms companies please send me stuff I will complete a review totally based on what you pay me. I will also be in a position to bribe other shooters to endorse your product for a small extra fee.

Until recently I had no idea YouTubers made money. Real money did you know some just make a living off you tube?

I have started to grow my beard it and will be constructing my wardrobe around the most successful YouTubers.
    Yeah not chump change either. But youtube are a bunch of commies and like banning gun people so I wouldn't wanna dick with it

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.

Yeah not chump change either. But youtube are a bunch of commies and like banning gun people so I wouldn't wanna dick with it

Isn't that what all the big brewhaha was about 'demonitizing' the youtubers because Big Ad Co's were loosing ad $$$ so they said to youtube, get rid of these or else?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Isn't that what all the big brewhaha was about 'demonitizing' the youtubers because Big Ad Co's were loosing ad $$$ so they said to youtube, get rid of these or else?
    Never followed all that but that makes sense. If youtube would get their heads out of their asses and stop making a social agenda they would be raking in a lot more money. Conservatives outspend others on the left guaranteed. Because we have jobs :):

BrettonJudy7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    GREENFIELD

The "Adpocalypse" started because some advertisers noticed that their ads were being played before some unsavory videos. I don't know for sure if it was gun videos, but the ads were placed before videos that the advertisers did not like. The problem was, no one at Youtube knows how to place ads correctly.

The Youtube people placed ads in front of videos based on the algorithm for the most popular videos. Instead of choosing what types of videos the advertisers were on, they just put them on the most popular videos. Advertisers realized that they're ads weren't being placed where they wanted them, so they pulled the advertising money from Youtube, and Youtube knee jerked the money away from every video that could be considered "offensive", by their standards.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    The "Adpocalypse" started because some advertisers noticed that their ads were being played before some unsavory videos. I don't know for sure if it was gun videos, but the ads were placed before videos that the advertisers did not like. The problem was, no one at Youtube knows how to place ads correctly.

The Youtube people placed ads in front of videos based on the algorithm for the most popular videos. Instead of choosing what types of videos the advertisers were on, they just put them on the most popular videos. Advertisers realized that they're ads weren't being placed where they wanted them, so they pulled the advertising money from Youtube, and Youtube knee jerked the money away from every video that could be considered "offensive", by their standards.

That sounds right. Big Ad Co's pulled YTs chain and YT obeyed. Some youtubers were making some serious $$$ then nada.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    The shirt is pretty clever and amusing. Still, being funny doesn't make it fact.

I sometimes forget what all companies we are supposed to "hate?" Kimber, S&W revolvers with a lock, Taurus of course, newish Sigs, Springfield Armory because of politics, etc. It is all so confusing, and a bit tiring.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The shirt is pretty clever and amusing. Still, being funny doesn't make it fact.

I sometimes forget what all companies we are supposed to "hate?" Kimber, S&W revolvers with a lock, Taurus of course, newish Sigs, Springfield Armory because of politics, etc. It is all so confusing, and a bit tiring.
    Hard to stay in the kewl kids kollective.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    SIG screwed up with the P320 and the P365, and now the MP-X. They fixed the problems, but they never should have made it to the public before the issues were resolved.

I carry a P320 now, after talking a lot of trash about it. The first generation were garbage. So yeah, SIG ruined their reputation.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Ya know, he’s not a reviewer, he himself says so. He’s a trigger puller.

he’s also the only guy doing gun videos on YouTube that posts the deals that manufacturers try to get him to take, even let it slip that Century tried to get one of the other reviewers to give them a good review in turn they’d give him 10 WASRs. Someone tried paying Tim like 15k to say he carried one of their guns as well. I’ll take a slightly biased “review” from a guy in a meme shirt over a paid for review in a gun magazine any day of the week.

considering how many Sigs he’s bought and shot over the past couple years I’d say he enjoys them, if they work. It’s a joke shirt, see the one a while back with the Sig, and a hammer that says “we did it the forst hammer fored striker gun” or something like that.
    This. People taking this way too seriously.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse

Disney bought a youtube “network” called Maker studios, They had a huge star at the time, a Swedish guy who played video games and yelled, named Felix, Felix said something stupid on video, and a company named wallstreet journal (along with a few others) went and emailed, called and complained to Disney that a company they owned represented an evil “racist” biggot, Disney complained to Youtube that their biggest star, Pewdiepie, said a bad word, the story got published, and media put the pressure on traditional style advertisers and YouTube to act. Youtube decided to pull the vast majority of advertising moneys from independent creators and gave it to the usual suspects instead, the mainstream people that were already advertiser friendly (NBC, FOX, ABC, Jimmy Fallon, SNL etc) even channels that aren’t “demonetized” are down anywhere from 50-75% of ad-revenue according to some. Now, this happened because a Swede said something offensive while late night comedians, who are highly pushed by youtube, denigrate the POTUS and say he’s Putin’s (something) holster.

Now, back to the Sig, there’s reports of others having the same issue with the K version of the mpx semding rounds off target when suppressed, that’s just the mark of a bad firearm IMHO

Last edited:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Doggone, I should have had all my Sig shooting recorded so I could go head to head with Tim. I, like everyone, could use a little extra income. Maybe I could earn enough to have my own private range. I never owned a Sig before, as the trigger reach and traditional double-action weren't to my liking. I borrowed a Sig P 210 in .45 ACP to qualify with way back when. It shot fine. My first Sig was my P 320 Compact. The second was a P 365 and now I own an M-17. I haven't had the first problem with anything that can be attributed to the pistols. The first two pistols have well over a thousand rounds each (I quit counting). I think that MAC is entertaining and informative. That being said, I think that Tim gets a little bit emotional. He appeared really upset when it looked like he might lose a lot of income from losing YouTube. I can't explain why he has had so many problems with Sig striker fired pistols (besides the M-17). Tim is a professional, in that he makes a living from his videos. At least that is my understanding. It is to his benefit to have controversy on his videos. I am in no way even hinting that he manufactures problems. I do think his Sig hating T-shirt gets more viewers. The people who hate the Sig striker fired pistols love it and the vast majority of people who own problem free Sig striker fired pistols, like me, will hate the shirt, but watch the videos and gripe. The shirt seems like a somewhat immature dig and does nothing for Tim's persona. Looks like Sig sales are booming, so it looks like all the "controversy" hasn't really affected many potential customers.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I love his opening lines. "People say I don't like Sig...."

[video=youtube_share;pPh-IjuBDrw]http://youtu.be/pPh-IjuBDrw[/video]

Top Bottom