• ...and so much more!
  • mikebaker1129

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Houston ,TX
    I am sure it will be s good one !
    I have one like it (Federal Ordnance) and mine is all H&R parts also.You will like the M14 better than the Garand until reality sets in and you realize how much you just spent dumping that 20rd. MAG :):.

You will find yourself looking for a M14E2 stock to put it in!
    You willm start buying ammo by the 1,000 cases to feed it .
    Enjoy they are loads of fun .

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    I also have a low numbered Federal Ordnance. Love shooting it. It is not a safe queen and shows it. Was that way when I got it and still shows it. Still reliable and shoots where I point it.

I do enjoy the M14 over the Garand. While I enjoy the Garand, just prefer the M14.

Yes, you will start looking for good case buys to feed it....LOL

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    This should be a really nice gun. I'm glad it worked out for you.
    I'm beating the bushes looking for a good deal on M14 bandoleers. If I come up with a good source I'll PM you.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I had two M1A's and sold them off. Now, I wish I had one still and just might be buying one again soon:spend: I also have a Garand and like it a lot but not as much as the M1A.

Airwolf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Terre Haute, IN
    I am going to buck the trend and say that I like the Garand over my M1A. My Garand is a '42, so it more than likely saw the bear. My M1A was made in Illinois about 3 years ago. The Garand has character that my M1A never will.

You still have a really awesome rifle. I hope you enjoy the heck out of it!

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Check out gunbroker.com New standards from Springfield are around 1400.00 an go up....after research I decided I didn't want anything new from Springfield. The Chinese versions usually run cheaper....This Fed. Ordanace I got at the buy now price for 1145.00 with shipping an transfer fee...I'll just have to see if I get a lemon, but it has all USGI parts which is what I wanted an the s/n range puts in the time frame that it should be a good receiver with parts...I'll just have to inspect it...hopefully the TE an MW will be awesome....lol...an no issues.....u just can only be so confident with gunbroker...

I was just reading your post on the M14forum..at least I think it was yours.
    Did you get the go/no go gauges that guy offered to send you?
    Any idea when the rifle is suppost to show up?

buzz815

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Shelby cty
    I carried one for 18 months in Vietnam. It was often neglected but it always went bang when I needed it. A condom over the barrel and a good cleaning when I had time was all it asked for. I have an SA built in 1990 and most of the parts are Winchester. I found an original G.I. issue bipod which I like real well.I scoped it with a Carl Zeiss scope and used a Sadlac scope mount. It is a good shooting rifle. I also have several Garands that I often shoot.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    Mike Baker : Email sent.

DragonGunner : If I have both the time and a phone signal tomorrow I will call PT&G for a 7.62x51 field gauge.

red_zr : What's your handle over there? I'm M2API.

Last edited:

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    A 12 ga., 3 inch, empty hull slipped over the flash suppressor makes a convenient, inexpensive muzzle cover, while a 12 ga. hull with the primer removed makes an excellent cleaning rod guide to protect the rifling when cleaning time rolls around. And don't worry about the hull causing a "plugged bore" incident, if you forget to take it off before firing. The air pressure pushes it off ahead of the projectile, BTDT twice, now have a couple of brain fart trophies.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Well the rifle shipped yesterday....hope to get it maybe next fri...??? I was told it was made in 1989...an he is now sending 4 mags with it instead of 2 that was originally posted on GB, also it has a vented NM handgaurd an sending another handgaurd as well, also he forgot an told me there is a cleaning kit in the buttstock of the USGI wood stock that looks almost new. I love the history of my Garands, an I'm getting really excited now about this one.....I believe these USGI parts were on the REAL M14's, at some time some were sent to Israel, then when Israel sent them back, the parts were takin off an sold, believe SA, Fed. Ord. an Armscorp bought them all up an used them on there factory builds....makes be wonder where all this H&R 1961 barrel has been...maybe from some boot in basic, to Nam, to Israel.....if only our weapons could talk....Good Friday to all an thanks for all the tips an comments.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    DragonGunner I'd think it should show up sooner than that but you never know. I know what you mean about being excited. These are cool guns, and like you say you have parts with a real history.
    I have a USGI parts kit I bought from Orion7 a couple years ago. Well the trigger group is in my Scout Squad right now.
    I went crazy again, it happens a lot, and called LRB. I ordered a complete barreled action (#3) with a chrome lined barrel. Just the regular M14SA receiver. No M25, rear lug ect. A plain 'ol Service type rifle.
    I have some wood USGI stocks and will rob the trigger group back out of the Scout Squad. LRB said it would take 6 to 8 weeks to get it to me. It's gonna be a long wait.
    So it looks like my parts kit just turned into spare parts. Nothing wrong with that. I may pick up another complete trigger group. They're a little hard to find.

red_zr I had looked thru the members list over there for you, but it was late and I was tired so I guess I missed you somehow.

Mike Baker sent you another email.

Last edited:

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    DragonGunner I'd think it should show up sooner than that but you never know. I know what you mean about being excited. These are cool guns, and like you say you have parts with a real history.
    I have a USGI parts kit I bought from Orion7 a couple years ago. Well the trigger group is in my Scout Squad right now.
    I went crazy again, it happens a lot, and called LRB. I ordered a complete barreled action (#3) with a chrome lined barrel. Just the regular M14SA receiver. No M25, rear lug ect. A plain 'ol Service type rifle.
    I have some wood USGI stocks and will rob the trigger group back out of the Scout Squad. LRB said it would take 6 to 8 weeks to get it to me. It's gonna be a long wait.
    So it looks like my parts kit just turned into spare parts. Nothing wrong with that. I may pick up another complete trigger group. They're a little hard to find.

red_zr I had looked thru the members list over there for you, but it was late and I was tired so I guess I missed you somehow.

Mike Baker sent you another email.

Tracking number says it will arrive weds...

Those LRB's are great looking...somebody please take this mans credit card away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My brother just called today also an told him about the M14.....He carried the M16 in Nam, an also a shotgun for awhile but always said he would rather had his M14 from basic over the M16....He told me today he qualified expert with the M14 in basic....

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    Wednesday is better!!!

And yes, someone please burn my credit card.

I forgot to tell you Dave, a lot of M16/AR15 guys don't like Forster gauges either. It's hard to figure because they make other things that are top notch.

Get some pics up when you can.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Congrats !!! Definately post some pics up when it arrives.

A few short years back USGI parts were plentiful and reasonably inexpensive..... these were used in builds and for spare parts:

M14Parts.jpg

Top Bottom