• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Social media is, as expected, a cesspool right now.

Best just log off for the day and let the hard facts arise by morning.

And here I was having a pretty good day. Hate seeing things like this.

Edit: Sheriff: 8-10 fatalities in Texas high school shooting, most of them students; 2 people believed to be students detained.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I'm seeing reports the shooter was a student dressed in a trench coat with a sawed-off shotgun. Apparently he's been wearing A trenchcoat all year and taled frequently about Columbine.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    NBC reporting...

UPDATE: Explosive devices found in Texas school after shooting, law enforcement officials

https://twitter.com/NBCNewYork/status/997509171661737986

I'm seeing reports the shooter was a student dressed in a trench coat with a sawed-off shotgun. Apparently he's been wearing A trenchcoat all year and taled frequently about Columbine.

If true, how else would you get a shotgun into the school unnoticed?

Sounds like it happened very early, when school was starting. Would be easy to slip in with students in that case.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Mass shooting template

1. Outrage and grief
    2. Praise for 1st responders
    3. Precursors of act will be identified in the next few days
    4. Attack 2AD blame weapons not people
    5. Do nothing to prevent the next attack

We have to adopt the Israeli model of schools
    1. Limited access points and proper access control
    2. Armed security inside and out
    3. Drills that make sense (shelter in place last school fire with deaths was in 1958 fire is not a priority)
    4. Parking lots with stand-off (nobody has addressed a VBIED or secondary IED attacks)
    5. Trauma Packs in place and rudimentary training for use by teachers (many of the casualties are bleeding out waiting for EMS)

It takes trained personnel with a bit “roughness” to protect our children.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Suspect in deadly Texas school mass shooting is a 17-year-old male student, federal law enforcement official tells NBC News.

"Possible explosive devices have been located at the school and off campus," school district says.

sempreobie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Boone County
    From CNN feed:

Fred Guttenberg, whose daughter Jaime was killed in the February 14 shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, just weighed in on today's shooting in Texas.

"This has been my fear since February 14th, that another mass casualty shooting would happen before we did anything," he tweeted. "Now, we have 8 more children dead and our leadership in Washington has done nothing. We do not need thoughts and prayers, we need action and we need it now."

Just what we need, more action from Washington. What could Washington possibly do to prevent a lost soul from killing people?
    I can't help but feel that the way these incidents are covered by the media is feeding the school/student killing frenzy and making the thought of "going out with a bang" more appealing to the misfits already teetering on the edge.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I think what you might call "fallen" has an evolutional perspective for those who prefer that narrative. If our nature has evolved through natural selection--some instinctive behaviors tending to be reproduced more often than others--it's kinda like certain events run through various subroutines, where given the inputs, an understanding of the algorithms, make the output predictable.

Some things that seem evident, at a societal level; we're not teaching kids, especially boys, how to handle adversity. Life and living with other people is full of adversity. Then we show them non-stop coverage on CNN, the way to cope is to get even.

There's a reason kids think this is the right way to handle whatever is their problem. There's a reason that it's boys do mass shootings and not girls.

I'm fully ready to accept "fallen" could have been guided via evolution...if any evidence of it is ever proven. ;)

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Mass shooting template

1. Outrage and grief

3. Drills that make sense (shelter in place last school fire with deaths was in 1958 fire is not a priority)
    4. Parking lots with stand-off (nobody has addressed a VBIED or secondary IED attacks)
    5. Trauma Packs in place and rudimentary training for use by teachers (many of the casualties are bleeding out waiting for EMS)

This ^^^^^^^^^^^

Also top list #4 - Was it an assault shotgun? Not making light, just wondering where the stupidity will go.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Seems to me the "We" who need to do something in most circumstances, are parents. A failure of proper adult supervision. Perhaps it's time to throw parents in jail if found to be grossly negligent.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I think the FBI needs to start re-allocating resources to high-school terrorism v. jihadists. Seems more people are getting killed by pimple-faced morons than by guys yelling Aloha Snackbar.

And yes, the FBI has been involved in other cases...and seems to have dropped the ball.

The FBI is just another self-serving political entity. Unless there is an upside that I don't see, I doubt they will get involved. They have bigger fish to fry for their party.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Mass shooting template

1. Outrage and grief

The push and pull of who gets how much funding and "why are they getting money when I have to buy my own school supplies" type arguments will stall, if not stop the armed guards in every school. I saw in Jim Lucas' FB page, where he addressed this, that he estimated it would cost taxpayers $100,000,000 each year to put just one resource officer in every public school in Indiana.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    The FBI is just another self-serving political entity. Unless there is an upside that I don't see, I doubt they will get involved. They have bigger fish to fry for their party.

They haven't fried any bigger fish with all the money they are expending. Take 3% of the agents and put them on high school investigations and come up with a set of recommendations. White boys are killing more kids in the US than Arab jihadists.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    They haven't fried any bigger fish with all the money they are expending. Take 3% of the agents and put them on high school investigations and come up with a set of recommendations. White boys are killing more kids in the US than Arab jihadists.

I don't disagree with you. I just have so little faith in any government agency at this point.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Columbine 2.0.

The kid wore a trench coat all year. The kid mentioned Columbine many times.

WTF!

Another case of red flags ignored.

Another case where teachers and acquaintances "had no idea he would do something like this" no doubt... :rolleyes:

Come on... this stuff is easy to say right after an event happens... but let's be honest.

There's inherently nothing wrong with a high-school student wearing a trench coat. I can think of three or four that wore one in my high school. I can also think of people that didn't wear one probably being higher risk than those that did (very nice people, too.)

I don't think clothing is a big of a red flag as people want it to be. That's not what we should profile.

Top Bottom