• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Come on... this stuff is easy to say right after an event happens... but let's be honest.

There's inherently nothing wrong with a high-school student wearing a trench coat. I can think of three or four that wore one in my high school. I can also think of people that didn't wear one probably being higher risk than those that did (very nice people, too.)

I don't think clothing is a big of a red flag as people want it to be. That's not what we should profile.
    The trench coat by itself? Probably not a red flag. The trench coat combined with a seeming obsession with Columbine (if this is true)? Might be worth looking into.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    :(

I haven't seen much on FB...but they're all probably numb from last time. I'm sure I'll see something eventually.

Automatic weapons, no background checks, no serial numbers....but this didn't happen in teh 60s. Hrmmmm

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The trench coat by itself? Probably not a red flag. The trench coat combined with a seeming obsession with Columbine (if this is true)? Might be worth looking into.

Right, and I think a lot of this needs to come from the peers. Putting aside the trench coat... Kids don't say things in a vacuum. They say things to friends, or just random people. While I'm not a fan of thought-crime and whatnot leading to government getting involved... if a student hears another student saying things that sound dangerous... that student should report the other to an appropriate person in the school system, or the authorities.

While I hate the idea of "see something, say something"... it's probably the best tool for school tragedies like this. Though, with anything, it'd be abused, people would be needlessly questioned, and rights would be trampled on...

I dunno what the solution is. Copycat killings are probably a thing, and it doesn't help how the media reacts... but that'll never change.

With freedom, comes risk. Things will happen. Look at commonalities among them... someone was talking earlier about how a bunch of these shooters were on SSRIs. Is that a factor? I have no idea.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    I wonder how much of this is driven by the media? Loser 17-18 year old kid who has been rejected by somebody or picked on, decided to get their mom ny of fame by shooting up a school. It seems that these shooters, by and large, have problems with rejection or losing. When I was in school, if you’re u lost you tried not to suck as
    bad the next time. If a girl rejected you, you moved on. Now it seems as if the answer is to kill people. You he problem lies with how we as a society are raising our kids. Not everyone will get a trophy, that doesn’t mean you shoot people

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    . Look at commonalities among them... someone was talking earlier about how a bunch of these shooters were on SSRIs. Is that a factor? I have no idea.

SSRI and other anti depressants almost assuredly are playing a major role in all of this. Why aren’t people saying big pharma has blood on their hands? Why can’t we have common sense drug regulations? Heck, why can’t we even have one formal govt study into the relationship between violence and anti depressants? Hmmm....maybe big pharma has too much influence in Washington?

https://www.cchrint.org/2012/07/20/...senseless-shooting-another-psychotropic-drug/

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I hear your condescension, it's fine.

Then you put it there.

There's a concerted effort to get you to buy into it. Just like any politically involved investigation. The sergeant, and friend of mine, who conducted the investigation in the recent IMPD police action that didn't go the city's way in the Merit Board, the city tried to paint him in a negative light, too. If you are an outsider looking in, unfamiliar with how the game is played, when your own city legal and own brass indicates he did a shoddy job, would you buy into it? Same thing here.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Lieutenant Governor
    Hit the nail on the head entrance and exit monitored rest of the building secured how much money does that cost?

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    One of the news sources was saying something about the Iron Cross on his jacket and saying he might be a Nazi sympathizer, but this kid also has the Communist insignia on his right collar of the jacket...
    dimitrios-pagourtzis-2-20035188.jpg

Top Bottom