Major News Organizations Barred From White House Briefings???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    So banning major news outlets that have a different political opinion is alright in your view? I guess it would be cool if the Trump Admin just released a weekly newsletter that gave us all our state sponsored propaganda.
    Sure why not? Nothing says he has to give them any kind of press conference. The press used to hide stories and scandals by the president. Oh wait they still do for democrats.
    Him not letting certain ones into a small office briefing is nothing. I'd ban half the ones that attend the press conferences for bad manners and not following rules. The White House is in charge and not the press. Freedom of the press hasn't been held down. The White House still made info availible to the public.
    Not all news organizations have been allowed into the White House always anyways. Just because the ones with the most money get butt hurt it's some big national story. **** them. The press thinks they run things and he's letting them know who the president is and that he doesn't give a crap about coddling them because they suck anyways. I love it. His supporters (me) love it too.
    if I were trump I'd have a weekly live press briefing. Other than that I'd issue daily press
    releases by paper.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    It was the worse offenders that report nothing but bs based on zero facts and nothing but bs that were excluded. Like Trump said during the cpac, basically saying If you have real news then report it, but also lets hear who your sources are. I agree with this. Most everything is made up these days with zero credibility for where they are getting their info. The media also has zero accountability when it comes out their stories are false. Personally i like it. CNN(Clinton news network), nbc(nothing but Clinton), Abc(all about Clinton), and Cbs( Clearly b.s) have lost all credibility in my honest opinion, but thats just me

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I have started only watching Fox News. I'm sure many many thousands or millions of others have too. I'm sure
    all the other networks ratings have fallen and that means it's costing them money to report one sided or even fake news. Money is all these scum bags care about. So let's take their money from them. Stop watching their channels. Stop cLicking their online stories

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have started only watching Fox News. I'm sure many many thousands or millions of others have too. I'm sure
    all the other networks ratings have fallen and that means it's costing them money to report one sided or even fake news. Money is all these scum bags care about. So let's take their money from them. Stop watching their channels. Stop cLicking their online stories

"TT" the regulars on those outlets are addicted to the :koolaid:

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I don't necessarily blame the Republicans for trying this ****, they need to find a way to control information, or at least make it neutral. Those in power of the information in America are predominantly liberal. You can only fight back so long before generations of new people only believe that certain mindset.

The right-leaning will fade away over time. America is just lucky to still have a strong sense of liberty.

The solution, is over 30 years old .....

R R did it .....

Just sit in front of the cameras,

and TALK to AMERICA .....

People will either listen, or not .....

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So banning major news outlets that have a different political opinion is alright in your view? I guess it would be cool if the Trump Admin just released a weekly newsletter that gave us all our state sponsored propaganda.

If these really were news organizations, I might feel more sympathy. But the election made clear, for anybody with eyes, that these are propaganda arms of the Democratic Party, so - not so much

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don't necessarily blame the Republicans for trying this ****, they need to find a way to control information, or at least make it neutral. Those in power of the information in America are predominantly liberal. You can only fight back so long before generations of new people only believe that certain mindset.

The right-leaning will fade away over time. America is just lucky to still have a strong sense of liberty.

Yeah. Right. Just like that 'Emerging Democratic Majority'

Your prognostication skills have not improved

Indy-Mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Carmel
    It was the worse offenders that report nothing but bs based on zero facts and nothing but bs that were excluded. Like Trump said during the cpac, basically saying If you have real news then report it, but also lets hear who your sources are. I agree with this. Most everything is made up these days with zero credibility for where they are getting their info. The media also has zero accountability when it comes out their stories are false. Personally i like it. CNN(Clinton news network), nbc(nothing but Clinton), Abc(all about Clinton), and Cbs( Clearly b.s) have lost all credibility in my honest opinion, but thats just me

The WhiteHouse staff should at least be on the same page. If the admistration themselves won't go on the record how can they expect anyone to do the same.,

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump unloaded on the news media Friday for using anonymous sources — just hours after members of his own staff insisted on briefing reporters only on condition their names be concealed.

The president has chafed at a number of anonymously sourced stories, including numerous reports describing contacts between his campaign advisers and Russian intelligence agents, which the White House has sharply disputed.

However, members of his White House team regularly demand anonymity when talking to reporters. That was the case Friday morning when Trump officials briefed reporters on chief of staff Reince Priebus' contact with top FBI officials concerning the Russia reports.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    The 1st Amendment, IMHO, provides that if the press can find out about something they can print it. I see nothing mandating that any branch of the government is required to provide ANYTHING to the press in terms of information, nor does it address which news organizations any branch of the government may favor.

If you poke a bear with a stick and it rips your arm off you are not in a position to complain.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Aww, more people crying about their actions having consequences huh?

Imagine my outrage.

If you prove yourself a douche at some point someone is going to come along who treats you like one.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    The press are not entitled to invitations. They are still free to do whatever the press does these days.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Given how the press practically fellated BHO at every opportunity over the last eight years, undereporting or refusing altogether to report on his multiple abuses of power (IRS, for just one), while doing their best to make him look like the Second Coming, I find myself oddly incapable of seeing how this is anything more than butthurt liberal hitmen disguised as reporters.

Top Bottom