Major News Organizations Barred From White House Briefings???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Not that it needs to be stated, but I'm not surprised at the hypocrisy.

Kut (knew it was always going to as such)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It's Trump's party. He should be able to invite whomever he wants.

Actually it's not. The house he lives in is OURS. The job he has, is in service to US. Everything he has as a result of the office he holds belongs to the PEOPLE. It is a completely fair criticism.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

BHO used to have interactions with only very selected members of the press, but that was okay. I'm no Trump supporter and I find most of his speeches and pressers cringeworthy at best. But you have to have a very skewed view of the world if you think the "news" from most outlets isn't littered with half-truths or even outright falsehoods.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Not that it needs to be stated but KG1 isn't surprised that Kut's not surprised by the hypocrisy.

KG1 (knew it was always going to be as such)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Actually it's not. The house he lives in is OURS. The job he has, is in service to US. Everything he has as a result of the office he holds belongs to the PEOPLE. It is a completely fair criticism.

And as far as I can see he is doing exactly what he told the "People" he was going to do. The press can get on board and "Report" or they can seek out a safe place and wait for this to pass.
    From what I gathered last night those agency's were represented and the entire thing is transcripted for all to see.
    This seems to me as another oh look at me moment by the losers in all of this.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

And of course, there is no trace of hypocrisy in suddenly realizing this when someone you disagree with takes the job

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    If I understand everything in this thread correctly, there was supposed to be a WH press briefing which was attended by all the usual news organizations. The press briefing was changed to the office of the press secretary and a few organizations were invited and others not, but the information was to be shared with the other organizations. This is somehow unprecedented and the beginning of fascism even though President Obama himself met secretly with selected news organizations on multiple occasions.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Not that it needs to be stated but KG1 isn't surprised that Kut's not surprised by the hypocrisy.

KG1 (knew it was always going to be as such)

Hypocrisy is like the manmade component of global climate change or racism/sexism/xenophobia/misogyny. It's everywhere and you have only to seek it in order to find it.
    Too few seek it first within themselves. You can always claim that an accusation of hypocrisy is an Ad Hom attack (because hypocrisy is always 'about the man'). Then, if you use that as an excuse to ignore the people who disagree with you, you can become a well regarded (by 5 people) member of the site

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    To sum up.

If you like Trump, this is an unfair attack on his administration for doing something that isn't unusual at all.

If you don't like Trump, this is the most horrendous violation of the principles of the freedom of the press, fairness and openess...trending toward totalitarianism... EVER.

If you are objective, it's nothing significant at all.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy

The White House was closed to the public when BHO was president.
    President Trump has opened it back up to the public.

Have you been watching the Clinton News Network again?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    To sum up.

If you like Trump, this is an unfair attack on his administration for doing something that isn't unusual at all.

If you don't like Trump, this is the most horrendous violation of the principles of the freedom of the press, fairness and openess...trending toward totalitarianism... EVER.

If you are objective, it's nothing significant at all.

All three in the ten ring

GGF

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Temper everything you hear in the news about President Trump with this: What if Hillary Clinton had won?

I don't care about anything but the fact that she's not there.

You can harp and complain about what he does or doesn't do but it means nothing compared to that.

GGF

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I`m not, and never have been a fan, or a supporter of Trump, but he is exactly correct on several key issues, and the threat the media is to American politics is one of them. This media picks and chooses what news stories to run, depending on the agenda they`re pursuing on any given day. And it`s being overly generous calling them news pieces, since they`re absolutely nothing in most cases than opinion spun as "facts". It is deeply troubling how they`re working to change the moral fabric of the nation.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Given how the press practically fellated BHO at every opportunity over the last eight years, undereporting or refusing altogether to report on his multiple abuses of power (IRS, for just one), while doing their best to make him look like the Second Coming, I find myself oddly incapable of seeing how this is anything more than butthurt liberal hitmen disguised as reporters.

Somebody deserves a chicken dinner for saying what is obvious to anyone who watched the news for last eight years...Spot on Mr pink..(I know you don't want to be Mr Pink but you can't be Mr Black because he's doing a job in Atlanta right now....:))

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    While I feel the press should be able to be there and report (truthfully, CNN), however, maybe if the press wouldn't make crap up and exagerate small issues for no other reason but to discredit and convince the public that Trump is evil and racist, Trump wouldn't mind them being there.

Top Bottom