• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I heard "nappy headed b!#ch" several times, but not the vaunted "N" word.

...but when you've gone to "nappy-headed", I'm not sure we need another word to discern a certain thought process.

But yeah, plenty of alcohol and stupidity. With the standard caveat that we don't know what happened when the cameras are off, one group looked to be the aggressors and it would have been prudent to just leave.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Won't be popular...

Take 'Black Person' out of it...

NO ONE, NO GANG gets to pursue my friends/family or innocent bystanders with insults, threats, assaults/attacks.

Endless crap about the protesters, I have exactly ZERO issues with protesters, it's their Constitutional Right.
    Endless amounts of trying to connect protesters with criminals, no sympathy for criminals, they break the law and *Should* face the justice system.

Trying to defend what this overweight, drunken cornfield GANG did is indefensible...

Back to the black person issue, the object of gangs verbal attacks, and eventually when they worked themselves up to it, the Assault.
    They admit they are on public land, pursued the black person's group to continue the verbal attacks, and eventually assault the black man in the group.
    No question here it was a 'Hate Crime' based on racism...
    Doesn't matter if the day started in that direction or not, that's where it ended up.

What if it were just women they decided to follow, insult, attack?
    What if it were senior citizens?
    People snap over all kinds of things...

And again I have to ask, would YOU have let someone you knew, were friends with, take a verbal/physical attack without acting?
    Would you let a gang beat on any random person without taking action, particularly when you saw what the issue was about?

I'm just not built to stand around with my hands in my pockets... Probably would have landed me in jail or more likely hospital, but I *Try* to fight the good fight...

Last edited:

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    NO ONE, NO GANG gets to pursue my friends/family or innocent bystanders with insults, threats, assaults/attacks.

For all we know this is how it started in the other direction. A bunch of 60-90 second incoherent TikTok clips strung together doesn't tell much of a story. Really, that's all the "defense" anyone can be accused of making here.

Point blank, this is once again a partial story and my faith in truth in reporting of such things is simply exhausted. If it in fact is as it appears to be in your judgement, I'm with you 100%.

The biggest question in my mind is why there were no arrests. IN DNR is pretty famous for nailing people to the wall for all sorts of comparatively minor infractions. You'd think an outright assault, documented on camera, would have caught their attention and I refuse to believe that especially IN LEO is a racist regime that simply let this one "slide". I will always begin my thoughts by giving LEO the benefit of the doubt until proven that I shouldn't.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    And again I have to ask, would YOU have let someone you knew, were friends with, take a verbal/physical attack without acting?
    Would you let a gang beat on any random person without taking action, particularly when you saw what the issue was about?

When exactly did we see what the issue was about here? At best we saw what the aftermath of the issue was about. That the COs declined to make arrests on the spot is a pretty good indication there is more to this than the videos show.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Oh and "attempted lynching?" Even if someone said something about a noose.... (I didn't hear it)

giphy.gif

But hey, headlines.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    A fireman I knew a long time ago....they were still called fireman, it was so long ago....

Anyways, Stu (the fireman) once told me this:

I cannot remember a time when alcohol improved my enjoyment of events or provided solace to my pain.

You hear a few true things in the time you get to spin around the sun. That was one of the true things.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I cannot remember a time when alcohol improved my enjoyment of events or provided solace to my pain.

This is one of the corner stones of most addiction recovery programs and it is, indeed, one of the best pieces of advice I've ever seen.

I'm going to guess those hillbillies are horrible people when they're sober too, but, the booze probably didn't help.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    This is one of the corner stones of most addiction recovery programs and it is, indeed, one of the best pieces of advice I've ever seen.

I'm going to guess those hillbillies are horrible people when they're sober too, but, the booze probably didn't help.

I have learned that alcohol doesn’t make people do stupid things. The stupid is already inside of people, it just lets it come out.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I have learned that alcohol doesn’t make people do stupid things. The stupid is already inside of people, it just lets it come out.

I've always thought of it as a force multiplier. If you're a miserable person, you're likely to be much more miserable when you're drunk. If you're happy, you might be more happy when drunk. However, the real happiness is when you realize that you don't need anything other than you to be happy. It's not the substances that make you "whatever", it's all you and you have to choose what you want to be. Finding emotions in a bottle or whatever is basically short changing yourself out of being "you". Of course, I don't mean that to sound preachy or anything. I think most people will get what I'm saying.

Tangentially, this reminds me of another good bit of advice I picked up over the years. A guy I knew was going through a super rough patch. Lost his job, marriage was rocky (think his wife cheated on him and was splitting... dumping him with a huge mortgage payment), just bought a new vehicle he was having trouble making the payments on, etc. Kinda the perfect storm of s&*^ sandwich just dog piled him all in the same few months... but the guy always had a smile on his face and always had a good attitude. Being that I'm more of a guy to get caught up in my own negativity, I just straight up asked him one day how he did it.

His answer was simple: Happiness is a choice.

He said he used to be miserable all the time too, then just basically gave up on misery and let it go. He said it was more effort to stay miserable than it was just to be happy instead. Since that day forward he simply made the decision to be happy and went forward in his life sincerely living that way, and it worked. I'm not as good as it as he was (and maybe he wasn't that good at it either and just tried harder to make it look like it), but it does work. I suppose it all comes down to good old regular "positive mental attitude".

Anyhow... This is a large threadjack, but I think this thread could use it. So much bad in the world that a little light here and there doesn't hurt.

edit: OH! FWIW, About 6 months later that dude had moved on to a job that was much better than what he had and was also making it sound quite a lot like he was becoming quite the ladies man after getting the axe from his ex. So, where a lot of folks may have fallen apart, he came out smelling like a rose. Almost certainly his PMA is why.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Keep an eye on the news....arrests are imminent.

Yeah...

There are not a ton of things that could ever justify pinning a guy against a tree and keeping him there.

There is a scenario or two I could imagine, but, well, we'll see.

Last edited:

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Mr. Booker's past leads me to believe this was a staged event. The redneck drunks fell right into it.
    One question I have is, was he threatened and had plugs of his hair pulled out before he was filming or was it after? The video shows the scuffle with rednecks shirted up and the "lady" wrapped in a towel. Pretty sure if you pulled plugs of my hair out I'd get the hell outta there ASAP.

Top Bottom