• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    Likely not much of a difference. I know plenty of people from various religions who sin all the time. Something about that blanket forgiveness policy.

I figured someone would say that. It is just like cops who say folks can't criticize _any_ police action unless they are cops. Or doctors who say that folks can't criticize _any_ medical action taken by a doctor because they are not doctors themselves. I just laugh at that thought process.

I haven't served in the military, but I support the military with my taxes I paid. We have had three incidents involving vets, all involving alcohol abuse, in the last three weeks. I guess there is no problem here folks and civilians should just look the other way. Obviously the military is doing a great job taking care of their vets. Stop questioning how the government is running the military. That should only be left to current or former military types.

Your opinions and those of Indy_Guy_77 are welcome in any thread I author whether we agree or not. :welcome:
    (For those that think they need to know, I am a Viet Vet of the USMC. )

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    How many of them have actually read the law?
    How many horses have you been able to convince to drink water if they didn't want to? That's like expecting ignorance of the law to provide a legal defense. Ain't gonna happen. Are you gonna accept help from me because I think you need some? Wake up!!

By the way..... I can't quote statictics, but incidents like this, are not the norm, and are sensationalized WAY out of proportion. It's a crying shame that they happen at all, but as already posted.... MOST of us deal with it successfully........ the armchair quarterbacks whose subject knowledge comes from "other folks" need to butt out, and quit trying to assign blame to society.....

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Hobart
    I would hope so too but I don't think it's happening.

From yesterday's Indy Star;

LYNN, Ind. (AP) — An ex-Marine who served in Iraq faces multiple charges including three counts of attempted murder of a police officer after firing on officers.
    Authorities say 26-year-old Andrew Ward of rural Lynn fired four shotgun blasts at three officers Friday night at a rural farm house. No officers were hurt.
    After that weapon and another malfunctioned, officers used a stun gun to subdue him. He was being held without bond Sunday at the Randolph County Jail. He also faces preliminary charges of criminal recklessness, battery and inimidation.
    Family members said Ward was discharged from the Marines last month and is seeking disability veterans benefits for anxiety and post-traumatic-stress disorders. An older brother, also an ex-Marine in Iraq, killed himself in 2003.
    Lynn is about 65 miles east of Indianapolis.

"Once a Marine, always a Marine, so why reenlist?" That's on a bumper sticker I saw before. But on a serious note, why do they insist on calling us "Ex-Marines?" It's those that don't know any better. I mean they could say ex active duty or ex reservist, but not ex Marine. It still bugs me...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Hobart
    The military dumps them off at the curb, and drives off real fast towards the recruit pick up point. They fend for themselves after they are out. I think that is why so many Vietnam veterans are in such a bad way. Vietnam, coupled with bad decisions and more drugs out of service has left many vets without a regular life, on a regular basis.

OTOH, the vets are also responsible for seeking help, making good sound decisions too.

It's a catch 22, for both sides; but, there is so much room for improvement.

It's a shame this has happened. He probably DID need counseling.

D@mn right!!!

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    "Once a Marine, always a Marine, so why reenlist?" That's on a bumper sticker I saw before. But on a serious note, why do they insist on calling us "Ex-Marines?" It's those that don't know any better. I mean they could say ex active duty or ex reservist, but not ex Marine. It still bugs me...

my boss retired from the marine corps after several years of service...he goes off on anyone who refers to him as an "ex" marine.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    By the way..... I can't quote statictics, but incidents like this, are not the norm, and are sensationalized WAY out of proportion. It's a crying shame that they happen at all, but as already posted.... MOST of us deal with it successfully........ the armchair quarterbacks whose subject knowledge comes from "other folks" need to butt out, and quit trying to assign blame to society.....

That sums it up pretty good.

sensationalized WAY out of proportion

Jay

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN

Unless folks have been in the Corps, they'll NEVER understand. The only folks that it matters to are are those who have been there...... Semper Fi :patriot:

BoilerGunner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    I actually went to high school with Jacob. From what I understand, he had some serious guilt over some of the things he did while serving in Iraq.

It's a sad thing when you see someone you know take this way out...

Mike Pence payed tribute to him and his service:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns6cC30zwYs]YouTube - 10-15-2009 - Pence Pays Tribute to Jacob Sexton On House Floor[/ame]

Jay

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Well said Teufelhunden!

HA !! My brother-in-law (also a former active duty Marine) called me that once, and my young (at the time) son backed up and watched to see if we were gonna have at it. :draw: After the explaination, he was ok with it. :patriot:

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    I actually like being called a Teufelhunden.. I do not like being called a "Jarhead".. unless it is a fellow Jarhead saying it.

I really do not like being called a "Devildog".. reminds me to much of boot camp, MCT and SOI.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    I actually went to high school with Jacob. From what I understand, he had some serious guilt over some of the things he did while serving in Iraq.

It's a sad thing when you see someone you know take this way out...

Sorry for your loss, we old Marines lost another brother. I had a similar experience with a Marine I served with. It happened in the barracks parking lot. You would have never guessed that he could do someting like that. You work and play with them everyday. I think it goes much deeper then guilt. The sad part is not seeing the warning signs.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn

Yeah, you guys aren't allowed to have an opinion on this...well, you can have one if you really HAVE to but you can't voice it. What do you think this is, a public forum or something? Just "butt out", will ya.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom