• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Watched video. I am really not sure what the issue is here.

However, if you are stopped at a border checkpoint, you must hand over your DL and answer the citizenship question.
    If the only place you could have come from on the road you travelled up to the roadblock was a foreign nation (limited to two nations of the Earth which are not the United States of America), I agree. However, once you are setting up roadblocks 10 miles inland, where there are multiple homes and businesses between the roadblock and the border, then the Border Patrol needs to start hearing the phrase, "Pound sand." a lot more.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Sexual slavery is wrong but drugs , plants , slaves and human trafficking have nothing to do with what they did to him .

I just don't understand how you equate what he did / didn't do with his being involved with trafficking of any sort .
    How? It's easy.
    trollsm.png

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

However, if you are stopped at a border checkpoint, you must hand over your DL and answer the citizenship question.
    True. But he wasn't at the border. He was many miles from any border between Mexico and his state. The checkpoint was not a border checkpoint, it was an illicit internal checkpoint away from any border. This was the Stasi operating outside of their true jurisdiction.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

We could start with the fact that downtown San Diego is closer to a border than this so-called border checkpoint. By this standard, why not have a 'border checkpoint' in Denver?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I assume you mean your standard suggestion that they be installed in front of the judge's house

Freeman Plan for checkpoints=>permanent installation of police checkpoints in the neighborhoods of the justices. Once they see what the rest of us must deal with, they will be declared unconstitutional sua sponte.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Because Denver is outside the zone designated by the Court.

Being less flippant with that thought, didn't the Court determine that a 'border zone' something like 100 miles from any land or sea border is acceptable, placing the majority of the US population in a 'border zone' which serves as a de facto Constitution-free zone?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Liberty1911 said:
    They accomplished exactly what they set out to do - Force compliance with the state and intimidate others into compliance.
    Just another day at work for the brave public servants.
    Liberty1911 said:
    So, now that I've answered your question, are you going to answer mine or continue to play games. Maybe you don't have an answer. If not, then why not just admit that?
    Oh sorry, I didn't know you were left on the hang. I thought Steve's answer was fine. I post stuff online in a futile attempt to make people aware of the police state that is blossoming in this country. The television certainly isn't going to expose it so people on the internet must. Yeah, its about discussion and education. And no, I have no hope of witnessing success on any meaningful scale. The country is going down hard. Enjoy your federal checkpoints, "Liberty."

mayor al

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    Floyd/Harrison Count
    Check points are used in every state I have lived to check insurance, DUI, felons on the run, and kidnap alerts, and I am sure for a bunch of other possible violations.

In CA there are major checkpoints on I-5 and I-15 about 50 miles in from the border. They have been there for at least 40 years. Most of the time cars are simply waved thru, and often the checkpoint is/was unoccupied completely.

However there have been times when the place apprehended vans full of illegals, and others loaded with drugs. I do recall one stop that had a small Toyota pickup with a cap on the back that had 21 illegals crammed into it...They tried to run when they were stopped but were so cramped in the truck they could not get free of the 'furball' and were arrested without a chase.

I think this guy set up his cameras to get his 15 minutes of attention from folks who don't understand how it feels to have illegals (NOT undocumented workers) occupying an underground society within your community. Apparently from what I read here it works.

I would not mind showing proof of citizenship at a vechile check point anymore than answering a question and showing Proof of Insurance at one of those checkpoints...IF it help stop the invasion of this country by the 'ILLEGALS"

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Check points are used in every state I have lived to check insurance, DUI, felons on the run, and kidnap alerts, and I am sure for a bunch of other possible violations.

Let's keep our railroad tracks distinct that way it does not get confusing.

This is a federal immigration checkpoint, not a state OWI checkpoint.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

In CA there are major checkpoints on I-5 and I-15 about 50 miles in from the border. They have been there for at least 40 years. Most of the time cars are simply waved thru, and often the checkpoint is/was unoccupied completely.

However there have been times when the place apprehended vans full of illegals, and others loaded with drugs. I do recall one stop that had a small Toyota pickup with a cap on the back that had 21 illegals crammed into it...They tried to run when they were stopped but were so cramped in the truck they could not get free of the 'furball' and were arrested without a chase.

I think this guy set up his cameras to get his 15 minutes of attention from folks who don't understand how it feels to have illegals (NOT undocumented workers) occupying an underground society within your community. Apparently from what I read here it works.

I would not mind showing proof of citizenship at a vechile check point anymore than answering a question and showing Proof of Insurance at one of those checkpoints...IF it help stop the invasion of this country by the 'ILLEGALS"

In general, I would agree with you IF I BELIEVED THAT THE OSTENSIBLE REASONS AND ACTUAL REASONS WERE THE SAME. I have an extremely difficult time believing that the same government that is trying 6 ways to Sunday to grant amnesty to illegals is actually operating these checkpoints more frequently and in more locations with more aggression is actually trying to combat illegal immigration. I see it as being much like the war on drugs--pissing in the wind relative to the supposed purpose while using it in practice as a tool of eroding our rights and desensitizing people to a constant stream of violations.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    In general, I would agree with you IF I BELIEVED THAT THE OSTENSIBLE REASONS AND ACTUAL REASONS WERE THE SAME. I have an extremely difficult time believing that the same government that is trying 6 ways to Sunday to grant amnesty to illegals is actually operating these checkpoints more frequently and in more locations with more aggression is actually trying to combat illegal immigration. I see it as being much like the war on drugs--pissing in the wind relative to the supposed purpose while using it in practice as a tool of eroding our rights and desensitizing people to a constant stream of violations.

Funny thing is I have been though these check points more than once over a span of 30 years. And only once did I have a problem, they confiscated some fruit I had, they even smiled and said I should have ate it before I got to the checkpoint. If you don't agree with the checkpoints then there are a lot of things you can do to protest them besides being disobedient and getting arrested. If I have a problem with something an officer is doing I note it and take action after the fact. Disobeying an officer has a predicable outcome, it is your choice.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Funny thing is I have been though these check points more than once over a span of 30 years. And only once did I have a problem, they confiscated some fruit I had, they even smiled and said I should have ate it before I got to the checkpoint. If you don't agree with the checkpoints then there are a lot of things you can do to protest them besides being disobedient and getting arrested. If I have a problem with something an officer is doing I note it and take action after the fact. Disobeying an officer has a predicable outcome, it is your choice.

I will agree that the only net effect of a head-on collision with the .gov here is falling on one's own sword in the hope of raising awareness, and by extension potentially having the other methods explored more widely as a matter of broader outrage.

I will, however, stand by my position regarding this asinine situation in which we have 'border patrol' dicking with people far from borders while deliberately avoiding controlling the actual border. This stands in evidence of the fact that border and immigration are excuses to disregard the Constitution and not actual reasons for the government's activities.

willytlucas

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Boone
    Thank you sir I haven't been able to get that window down for months and it was getting a little hot in here.

That was my response when somebody decided to punch out my window.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Just another day at work for the brave public servants. Oh sorry, I didn't know you were left on the hang. I thought Steve's answer was fine. I post stuff online in a futile attempt to make people aware of the police state that is blossoming in this country. The television certainly isn't going to expose it so people on the internet must. Yeah, its about discussion and education. And no, I have no hope of witnessing success on any meaningful scale. The country is going down hard. Enjoy your federal checkpoints, "Liberty."

Ah, you've stumbled on to the point I'm trying to make to you. Since you're accomplishing nothing, why don't you try a different tactic? This one is getting tiresome. Or, you could continue to pine away your remaining days here on INGO positing stories about police abuse and fantasizing about the glorious day when every man, woman, and child can smoke crack on the street corner and Mexicans can stream across the border unimpeded.

Top Bottom