• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    BTW, the shot went off and no one even flinched...room full of cops. We just calmly stopped and looked around. The first thought that most of us had was, "Someone killed themselves." But seeing no one freaking out we figured it was a ND and continued walking out the facility.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    We are issued the Safariland ALS holsters for the TLR1 lights. Here is a picture of mine. If my finger can reach the trigger, so can a foreign object. His gun never left the holster at the time of the ND. We were all sitting on top of one another during the funeral. This is a very freak accident that really shouldn't condemn the officer nor the holster.

GH1fJjH.jpg

8q3KnAx.jpg

y1B6Xun.jpg

That's a design problem. I'm not buying that this is acceptable. That hardware needs to be reviewed, as do those who approved it.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    There might be some negligence in the manufacture and approval of that holster with improper trigger coverage.

Any info on what got into the holster?

There is no gray area with you. This is the first AD that I've heard of with it in the 8-ish years we've been using weapon mounted lights. And you can **** off if you think the firearms training staff is negligent.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Maybe I'm going to attract all kinds of ridicule for even asking, but how likely would this have been with a conventional DA/SA pistol?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    OK, I forgot, about the light .....

I see no other way, to do it .....

THIS right here. Sometimes s*** just happens and there is nothing you can do about it. The light has to go somewhere, and that will cause a gap that cannot be reconciled without permanently trapping the pistol in the holster. Simple physics.

Then again maybe the officer chose to carry his P320 that day? I hear those go off for no reason.
    :):

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    Maybe it was just an enthusiastic officer & they only needed a 20 gun salute afterwards? Sorry, too soon. :(
    Like previously mentioned, "sometimes s*** just happens."

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Maybe I'm going to attract all kinds of ridicule for even asking, but how likely would this have been with a conventional DA/SA pistol?
    Less, but, funny thing is, with traditional DA/SA weapons, less people qualify. I also believe that there were more ND/AD's(although I've not been able to find the references I was looking for) when departments issued traditional DA/SA weapons? I may be wrong on the ND/AD thing, but not the qualifications. Big green Army moved to Berettas, and I had a Company Commander who could not qualify for two years! She could pass, passably with a 1911, but the M9 was too much.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Soooooo, according to some here, blaming guns for gun violence is silly but blaming a gun for an ND makes perfect sense.

Makes perfect sense.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    We are issued the Safariland ALS holsters for the TLR1 lights. Here is a picture of mine. If my finger can reach the trigger, so can a foreign object. His gun never left the holster at the time of the ND. We were all sitting on top of one another during the funeral. This is a very freak accident that really shouldn't condemn the officer nor the holster.

GH1fJjH.jpg

8q3KnAx.jpg

y1B6Xun.jpg

Thanks for the truth. Sucks this happened. Can't fault the officer that's for sure. Just a very freak accident, no fingerbanging which is very good.
    I have this same holster

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Soooooo, according to some here, blaming guns for gun violence is silly but blaming a gun for an ND makes perfect sense.

Makes perfect sense.

Not trying to be argumentative or reinforce your criticism, but surely there were more reasons than just capacity that motivated so many departments to move away from single action pistols (1911) over to DA/SA and striker pistols, or else those same departments would all be carrying Browning P35s today.
    Not saying that's the only reason, but it certainly had at least something to do with such a widely adopted decision.
    Come to think of it, this particular AD never would have happened unless both the thumb safety had been disengaged and if something had been pressed down against the grip safety.

Top Bottom