• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    If I'm in Meijer (I don't shop at walmart) and I see some fool walking around with something like the photo shows, I'm gonna get my loved ones out of the way and have my weapon drawn while doing that. If said fool pushes the issue, I'd do the same as those cops did. Unless that airgun was in the box, that guy got exactly what he was asking for.

Oh he deserved what he got for sure....To be fair to Clarksville PD when that incident happened we had never had anything like that happen here before...They were trying to talk the guy out and had the cars lined up in a gauntlet and when he came out running he was pointing the guns at the officers and when they began firing they hit the cars across from themselves...the officer with the AR (older than me by a class or two) had the only hit and was in the postion to do so...

I too quit going to walmart because I don't have a passport and only speak English...:):

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    But my guess is stupid women calling 911 got this man killed.

A man who called 911 from inside the store at 8:21 p.m. Tuesday said he saw a man “walking around with a gun in the store.”
    Ronald Ritchie, an ex-Marine, said the man was pointing a black rifle at people near the pet section and that “he’s loading it right now.” Later, Ritchie said, “He looked like he was trying to load it, I don’t know.” He then added, “He just pointed it at two children.”

Anyway, plenty of realistic looking airguns out there right now. They tend to be a favorite among felons committing armed robberies, since you can't hit them with Serious Violent Felon in possession for an airgun. Also among the addict robbers who don't want to spend the cash on a real gun, since that'd take a hit or two away from them. It *does* count for armed robbery, though, as its capable of inflicting serious injury when used as designed.

This particular model has been used several times, and is so realistic the cylinder turns and each BB is in the tip of a realistic looking cartridge:

61e5FL1TOIL.jpg

You can even reload it with a speed loader:

ASG-C02-Speed-Loader-to-suit-Dan-Wesson-6-Shot.jpg

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Might need to don my tinfoil hat for this but.. Some people from Mommies Needing Action have been recommending that if you see a MWAG, even if they are just calmly walking with it holstered, call 911 and say the person is waving it around etc..

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    What goes through a persons head to do something so dumb? Then not to put The rifle down when told to by police with rifles? He had to know they were not going to let him just walk away. Did he freeze from seeing the police and didn't comply fast enough? I am not saying that the police did any thing wrong. They were told a man had a rifle and was pointing it at people. That is why they had rifles when they found him. They thought they were going into the start of a mas shooting event. I know that is what I would have thought.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    here's another news article about that incident....
    Source: Ohio Walmart "gunman" John Crawford, fatally shot by police, was carrying toy rifle - CBS News
    (if true) here's the part that I believe makes it a good shoot:
    Ronald Ritchie said Crawford "was just waving [the gun] at children and people...I couldn't hear anything that he was saying. I'm thinking that he is either going to rob the place or he's there to shoot somebody.

"He didn't really want to be looked at and when people did look at him, he was pointing the gun at them. He was pointing at people. Children walking by," Ronald Ritchie said.
    I made the same call all of you here did. Sad, but this guy eats a bullet AFAIC. I made the mistake of voicing that opinion on another forum I frequent and I'm still smoldering a bit from the flame job I got. The folks there don't exactly agree with my philosophies.

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    I just want to watch to video. Most of our questions will be answered there.

Right now i think it could go either way. I know a man that tried to commit suicide by cop with a bb gun. I also know stupid people calling 911 has gotten people killed before.

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    He got exactly what he had coming. Idiot.

How do you know this? The witness testimony who also said they seen him loading it lol. Imagine you were buying your son a bb gun and were gunned down in wal-mart because some stupid person called and said you were about to go in a killing frenzy. Also according to another witness the orders from the police didn't happen till after they pumped him full of lead.

Also out of all these mass shootings has the person just walked around the place for extended periods of time without opening fire.... take a minute to think about it.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Let not forget that a 37 year old women, Angela Williams, died as a result of this fools actions. According to news reports she collapsed while running from the store and died due an aggravated medical condition. Waive a toy gun around, cause a panic, person dies, refuse to drop the toy when ordered to, get shot and killed for your stupidity.

As Robert A. Heinlein wrote, "Stupidity cannot be cured. Stupidity is the only universal capital crime; the sentence is death. There is no appeal, and execution is carried out automatically and without pity.”

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    How do you know this? The witness testimony who also said they seen him loading it lol. Imagine you were buying your son a bb gun and were gunned down in wal-mart because some stupid person called and said you were about to go in a killing frenzy. Also according to another witness the orders from the police didn't happen till after they pumped him full of lead.

Also out of all these mass shootings has the person just walked around the place for extended periods of time without opening fire.... take a minute to think about it.
    Two things... First, nobody buys their kid a bb gun then removes all the packaging and starts loading it back in sporting goods. I'm pretty sure the staff would put the kibosh on that PDQ. Second, doesn't have to be a mass shooting. There have been plenty of instances where someone had a specific target in mind and was tracking to that target, maybe telling people to GTFO and pointing the weapon at them to hasten them on.

Bravo-4-2

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2014
    Indianapolis
    He got exactly what he had coming. Idiot.

You're obviously posting with an anti-LE attitude. Stop and consider just how foolish what you have posted makes you seem. Your "what if" and "maybe" nonsense is just that. There were no eyewitnesses who said any of the things you posted. Quit trying to make excuses for this clown's stupidity.

Check your whacked bias at the door when you visit gun forums. You'll have a more enjoyable experience. The idiot got exactly what he deserved.

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    You're obviously posting with an anti-LE attitude. Stop and consider just how foolish what you have posted makes you seem. Your "what if" and "maybe" nonsense is just that. There were no eyewitnesses who said any of the things you posted. Quit trying to make excuses for this clown's stupidity.

Check your whacked bias at the door when you visit gun forums. You'll have a more enjoyable experience. The idiot got exactly what he deserved.

<redacted> i clearly stated until we watch the video we don't really know what happened which is as neutral as it comes. And yes go read what the witnesses said they are all over the place and filled with ignorance about firearms.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    Two things... First, nobody buys their kid a bb gun then removes all the packaging and starts loading it back in sporting goods. I'm pretty sure the staff would put the kibosh on that PDQ. Second, doesn't have to be a mass shooting. There have been plenty of instances where someone had a specific target in mind and was tracking to that target, maybe telling people to GTFO and pointing the weapon at them to hasten them on.

Did he load it? If he was loading it with bb's i would hope the witness would realize is bb's and not actual ammunition.

Speaking from personal experience when i had a bird nesting problem on my house, right in the middle of sporting goods i opened a bb gun and inspected and manipulated it. I did not point at anyone nor did i carry around the store but who cares if he did with his or his sons new toy. As far as staff stopping that, have you ever tried to find someone to open the ammo counter it can take 30 minutes of you just pestering walking by employees.

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    There were no eyewitnesses who said any of the things you posted.

Here you go, one witness saying shots were fired before orders. Also nothing ive said was anti leo, if anything it's anti anti's. Perhaps if you could reason you wouldn't be so closed minded on subjects like the two in question.

Fairfield man shot by police at Walmart had air rifle, Ohio AG Mike DeWine says - Story
    A woman who said she was on the phone with Crawford at the time of the shooting said she heard Crawford say “it’s not real.”
    She said she heard officers start shooting and then yell at Crawford to get down.
    “I could hear him just crying and screaming,” said LeeCee Johnson, of Fairfield.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Point an air gun at me and say it isn't real and see what happens next. Sorry, but I'm not about to just take your word for it. I'm going to drop the hammer on you and worry about everything else later.

Top Bottom