• Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    On with the conversation,

As Palmer arrived at the scene of a reported dog bite around 1 pm on July 2, one dog ran up to the cop and was friendly. The officer puts his hand out seemingly wanting to pet the dog.

That dog then goes back into the yard as Dixie sprints towards the cop from a nearby driveway.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    "The footage also shows that as Dixie attempted to run away, Palmer shot it three more times where it died on the sidewalk."

I have a co-worker that lives about 10 miles west of Lorain. I called her this morning to get an idea of what the temperature of folks on the ground near this area is.

It sounds like plenty of people are ****** over this event and the shooter in particular. It will be interesting to see what unfolds on this one.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    "The footage also shows that as Dixie attempted to run away, Palmer shot it three more times where it died on the sidewalk."
    Dixie was OBVIOUSLY giving up on officer shooty and was going to go bite somebody that wasnt going to shoot at her.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

I have a co-worker that lives about 10 miles west of Lorain. I called her this morning to get an idea of what the temperature of folks on the ground near this area is.

It sounds like plenty of people are ****** over this event and the shooter in particular. It will be interesting to see what unfolds on this one.
    It truly will be interesting to see not just The Rest of the Story, but the final outcome.

Like most things that happen and folks get upset, so much of the world skips over the basic facts of most stories.
    In the eyes of the responding Officer with whats been reported he knew,
    Five dogs running loose in the neighborhood
    A person was bit

He arrived to see at least three dogs not under control of the owners
    He was greeted by two? dogs and then a third rolled around the car running full tilt towards him. Bang

ed1838

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 20, 2022
    Seymour
    No. More like:
    Bang. Dog runs away and is going down.
    Then bang.
    Then bang.
    Then bang.
    After 1st shot dog was not a threat. Maybe could have been patched up maybe not. In this case the other dogs should have returned fire. I used to have a black and tan coon hound that was so mean would fight other dogs to the death and he wanted to kill everything. I had to put him down came up on some other hunters and he got ahold of their dogs. I should have done it sooner. He was not mistreated just mean. Now my dog Jack is sweet and if loose would have greated the officer. If the officer would have done that to him there would been more shots fired.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    No. More like:
    Bang. Dog runs away and is going down.
    Then bang.
    Then bang.
    Then bang.
    So, your on a dog call thats its been reported of five loose dogs running the neighborhood and at least one persons been bit. You arrive and a third dog rolls around a car in front of you running, full tilt towards you.
    You shoot it a few feet in front of you, How many shots are justified in that officers mind to stop this threat?

Correct Answer is, when the officer believes its no longer a threat to himself or others.

The Moral of the story is, If the dog owners had kept there dogs under control this never would have happened.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    So, your on a dog call thats its been reported of five loose dogs running the neighborhood and at least one persons been bit. You arrive and a third dog rolls around a car in front of you running, full tilt towards you.
    You shoot it a few feet in front of you, How many shots are justified in that officers mind to stop this threat?

Correct Answer is, when the officer believes its no longer a threat to himself or others.

The Moral of the story is, If the dog owners had kept there dogs under control this never would have happened.

I have raised and been around dogs my entire life in all kinds of situations. I would not have judged that dog to be a threat. It's clear as a day and it would take something HUGE to convince me otherwise. It's not there.

The officer, imo, exercised VERY poor judgement; if not with the first shot then with the second shot after the dog had already fled and was down

If not with the second shot after the dog was already down then with the third shot after the dog was already down.

If not with the third shot when the dog was already down then with the fourth shot after the dog was already down.

It will be interesting to see how this shakes out.

7BEC128D-BFB4-434C-AD80-F216E0485A4D.png

Last edited:

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I have raised and been around dogs my entire life in all kinds of situations. I would not have judged that dog to be a threat. It's clear as a day and it would take something HUGE to convince me otherwise. It's not there.

The officer, imo, exercised VERY poor judgement; if not with the first shot then with the second shot after the dog had already fled and was down

If not with the second shot after the dog was already down then with the third shot after the dog was already down.

If not with the third shot when the dog was already down then with the fourth shot after the dog was already down.

It will be interesting to see how this shakes out.

View attachment 286094
    I'm betting two things here, that woman from now on keeps better control of her remaining pets, and nothing happens to the Good Officer.

ed1838

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 20, 2022
    Seymour
    I hope she keeps them fenced or inside and leashed when out. I did not see the dog as a threat. I guess he did. Maybe should have stayed in car till owners got them but away.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Went for another walk today with my best buddy... no leash as usual.

6F7C0D75-DF8F-4066-8C65-8EA07EF76D7D.jpeg

Fortunately, we did not run into a peace officer she wanted to say hello to.

Top Bottom