• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    If this was a pit bull, I'd smoke it in a heartbeat. More apt to give a Golden Retriever the benefit of the doubt.

This was a call for multiple unleashed dogs running amok in the neighborhood.

Justified?

Based on what I see there...ABSOLUTELY INFURIATING!!!!

What a MOTHER ******* PIECE OF ****.

That ******* looks like an atf / fbi clown in training. What's his next trick? Shoot the unarmed woman? Pop a child? Fed job is waiting!

****** can ***

JonN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    IN
    I have a standing rule that I also am teaching my children: never trust a dog unless it's your own. And even then, never assume all is well.

Dogs are dogs, I've had a chocolate lab for 12 years now. He's never been aggressive with me, my wife, or my children. He has however gotten a little out of character and somewhat defensive or aggressive when around strangers. I guess it's protective instinct? It's never been to the point of growling or attacking by any means, just raised hair and very cautious.

My brother has a shelter dog, definitely part pit bull, but mixed with a smaller breed; hard to say what. This dog couldn't be any sweeter the times I've been around, but again I never assume anything and give him his space, granted he's a little dude around 40 lbs. Interestingly, the mailman (cliche?) commented to my brother how this dog will always stand between my nephew and the mailman when he comes by the house. The dog's evidently been known to do this with other strangers also. He obviously has a protective instinct but has never attacked anyone.

I think it's a combination of instinct and how they're raised.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    To be completely fair, some of the fault belongs to the owners of the dead dog. However, the cop was completely wrong and needs fired. Not allowed to resign - FIRED!

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Would this have happened if the dogs were not running loose?

Maybe not.

I guess a case could be made that dogs should be kept on leashes to protect them from idiotic ******** like this ******.

Dumbing everything down to the lowest common denominator is very fashionable these days.

Maybe it's best the dog took the hit. It provides the opportunity for the idiotic ******* to be terminated before he pops off some kid that is excited to see him.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If this was a pit bull, I'd smoke it in a heartbeat. More apt to give a Golden Retriever the benefit of the doubt.

This was a call for multiple unleashed dogs running amok in the neighborhood.

Justified?

Bunch of ****ing pussies. :xmad:

ed1838

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 20, 2022
    Seymour
    I should not watched that. My opinion is the dog was running up to greet him. Also they should been under better control of the owner. I would not fired in that situation looked like he fired again when dog was running away. I have a army friend that has well trained rots. I stay in truck if his dogs are out, wait till he comes and tells them its ok.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Maybe not.

I guess a case could be made that dogs should be kept on leashes to protect them from idiotic ******** like this ******.

Dumbing everything down to the lowest common denominator is very fashionable these days.

Maybe it's best the dog took the hit. It provides the opportunity for the idiotic ******* to be terminated before he pops off some kid that is excited to see him.
    What do you mean "Maybe Not"
    If they were kept Under Control by what Responsible Pet Owners do, it flat out wouldn't have happened.
    I'm sure those dogs are loose all the time, who want to walk down the street or live next door to that behavior? Theirs nothing like being dressed up and a AHole neighbors dog jumps all over your wife, child or you. The endless barking along with crapping on others property.
    Keep ones pets under control,
    If others were not pissed off a call to the police never would have happened.
    It would be interesting to know how many calls to LE have been to that property in the last two years.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I have a standing rule that I also am teaching my children: never trust a dog unless it's your own. And even then, never assume all is well.

Dogs are dogs, I've had a chocolate lab for 12 years now. He's never been aggressive with me, my wife, or my children. He has however gotten a little out of character and somewhat defensive or aggressive when around strangers. I guess it's protective instinct? It's never been to the point of growling or attacking by any means, just raised hair and very cautious.

My brother has a shelter dog, definitely part pit bull, but mixed with a smaller breed; hard to say what. This dog couldn't be any sweeter the times I've been around, but again I never assume anything and give him his space, granted he's a little dude around 40 lbs. Interestingly, the mailman (cliche?) commented to my brother how this dog will always stand between my nephew and the mailman when he comes by the house. The dog's evidently been known to do this with other strangers also. He obviously has a protective instinct but has never attacked anyone.

I think it's a combination of instinct and how they're raised.
    This is what I'm talking about.
    You don't need to teach a dog to be mean. Socialize them good. They will be friendly with other dogs, and they will be defensive if they are that kind of dog when they need be.

On the officer shooting the Retriever. I always put my dogs up if I see an officer coming in the lane.
    My Flat Coated Retriever she will make strangers stand still until I call her off. However, that is what I trained her to do. So knowing this I put her up or call her off.
    My German Shepherd/wolf mix rescue dog (according to the person I got him from) he is well Socialized also, and at this point loves everyone. However, he's not two yet, and they usually start changing around 3-4 years old.
    Dogs will figure out who is bad and who isn't real fast.
    Train them, and they will come through when you need them, and make you happy.

Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John
    What do you mean "Maybe Not"
    If they were kept Under Control by what Responsible Pet Owners do, it flat out wouldn't have happened.
    I'm sure those dogs are loose all the time, who want to walk down the street or live next door to that behavior? Theirs nothing like being dressed up and a AHole neighbors dog jumps all over your wife, child or you. The endless barking along with crapping on others property.
    Keep ones pets under control,
    If others were not pissed off a call to the police never would have happened.

It would be interesting to know how many calls to LE have been to that property in the last two years.
    People are making assumptions based on a few seconds of a single video from one angle. This happens on forums like this one often. There is often more to the story.

The dogs were apparently spoked by fireworks and got away from the owner. If they were on her property, they did not have to be leashed. One source says that someone called the police about dogs running free. The family was trying to round up the dogs when the police arrived. We know nothing about the usual conduct of the dogs or usual control by the owner.

My impression is that the cop over reacted. It looks like the dog was not aggressive, but social. Maybe another video would show signs of aggression. Why not use mace instead of a gun? Why shoot the dog a second time after it was incapacitated? The "threat" no longer existed.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    People are making assumptions based on a few seconds of a single video from one angle. This happens on forums like this one often. There is often more to the story.

The dogs were apparently spoked by fireworks and got away from the owner. If they were on her property, they did not have to be leashed. One source says that someone called the police about dogs running free. The family was trying to round up the dogs when the police arrived. We know nothing about the usual conduct of the dogs or usual control by the owner.

My impression is that the cop over reacted. It looks like the dog was not aggressive, but social. Maybe another video would show signs of aggression. Why not use mace instead of a gun? Why shoot the dog a second time after it was incapacitated? The "threat" no longer existed.
    I dont agree at all sir,
    Your article says that five dogs were loose, In the first video multi-pull dogs crossed the sidewalk, the last one that was shot came around that car parked in the yard awe-full fast towards that officer.
    This is not this woman first July 4th with these dogs and fireworks. They knew better, its another reason I would love to know the last two years of calls to LE to this address.
    A responsible pet owner knows better and keeps control of their pets.
    Like I posted above, I bet that home is a peach to live near.

And as a loving dog owner, she sure seems concerned about the well-fair of her bleeding dog laying in the neighbors driveway. All I heard, were lots of I'll sue you, whats your name, I'll sue you...

Not a lot of video of, I'm putting my shot dog in my car and heading to the vets office.

Top Bottom