• ...and so much more!
  • Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    All the American Pit Bull Terrier's that have been in my family have never been like that. I guess since a few go crazy we should kill them all right?

I'd say most that maul were taught to do so.
    It's a cultural thing for some to have a mean American Pit Bull Terrier.
    Interresting, in the 50+ years of owning retrievers not once did I have to teach them the instincts on how to retrieve. Its in there DNA.
    Herding dogs herd,
    Retrievers retrieve,
    Bully dogs bully.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Interresting, in the 50+ years of owning retrievers not once did I have to teach them the instincts on how to retrieve. Its in there DNA.
    Herding dogs herd,
    Retrievers retrieve,
    Bully dogs bully.
    Yet I know several people in my family who have had Pit Bull dogs and never had a problem as well. One lived to 19 years old she was very gentle.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Yet I know several people in my family who have had Pit Bull dogs and never had a problem as well. One lived to 19 years old she was very gentle.
    Along with most of the Pits we constantly read about, then for some reason they turn and rip the face and throat off its owner or someone in that household.
    Its amazing how many owners jump through hoops to justify owning a bully dog.
    Sounds like the kinda breed I would want to own.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Along with most of the Pits we constantly read about, then for some reason they turn and rip the face and throat off its owner or someone in that household.
    Its amazing how many owners jump through hoops to justify owning a bully dog.
    Sounds like the kinda breed I would want to own.
    I've never owned one I like German Shepherds, Flat Coated Retrievers, Irish Setters, and Rottweilers.

Wasn't to long ago Rottweilers had the evil name and all must be killed off.
    Now it's Pit Bulls.

Ounce for Ounce a Chihuahua is the most vicious dogs around.

I'd hate to deal with a 100lb Chihuahua that stood 20"+ at the shoulder.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I've never owned one I like German Shepherds, Flat Coated Retrievers, Irish Setters, and Rottweilers.

Wasn't to long ago Rottweilers had the evil name and all must be killed off.
    Now it's Pit Bulls.

Ounce for Ounce a Chihuahua is the most vicious dogs around.

I'd hate to deal with a 100lb Chihuahua that stood 20"+ at the shoulder.
    Most likely it will never again impact me or my family, only really bad interaction was I smoked a big headed Rott in Anderson while pulling it off a neighbor in the middle 90's. The owner had been letting it run loose with the knowledge it was an agressive animal.
    I really dont see the amount of Rotts, German Sheps, Chows and other AH dogs that used to be popular back then nowdays.

Yep, those ankle biters sure do bite loads of people, but you dont hear of folks being dismembered, massive scaring, deaths and so on with that AH little rat dogs.
    I grewup in a home where dogs had a purpose and its purpose was not to lounge on the furniture, poop and **** on a pad, or fill the yard up with land mines.
    Our dogs work, they not only protect the owners, they protect livestock, property and in the winter bust through ice to retrieve.
    Its a horrible thing to see an dog not in its element.

If you dont think that dogs have given genetic code, just take a work dog and dont feed it for 72 hours. Then fill its bowl up with food and start bouncing a ball on the deck and see which that dog picks.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Most likely it will never again impact me or my family, only really bad interaction was I smoked a big headed Rott in Anderson while pulling it off a neighbor in the middle 90's. The owner had been letting it run loose with the knowledge it was an agressive animal.
    I really dont see the amount of Rotts, German Sheps, Chows and other AH dogs that used to be popular back then nowdays.

Yep, those ankle biters sure do bite loads of people, but you dont hear of folks being dismembered, massive scaring, deaths and so on with that AH little rat dogs.
    I grewup in a home where dogs had a purpose and its purpose was not to lounge on the furniture, poop and **** on a pad, or fill the yard up with land mines.
    Our dogs work, they not only protect the owners, they protect livestock, property and in the winter bust through ice to retrieve.
    Its a horrible thing to see an dog not in its element.

If you dont think that dogs have given genetic code, just take a work dog and dont feed it for 72 hours. Then fill its bowl up with food and start bouncing a ball on the deck and see which that dog picks.
    Most of it is how it's raised. Mean dogs are mean because they were made that way regardless of what the owner says.

There is a difference between protecting livestock, and family members and being mean. Many owners teach their dogs mean because they think it will be better for protecting them and their families. It doesn't work that way.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Most of it is how it's raised. Mean dogs are mean because they were made that way regardless of what the owner says.

There is a difference between protecting livestock, and family members and being mean. Many owners teach their dogs mean because they think it will be better for protecting them and their families. It doesn't work that way.
    Ok, if you truly believe that, please explain why more often than not, bully dogs that maim and kill humans out of nowhere act in that manor?
    I mean time after time you read, my pits have never acted agressive before in there lives. And yet they maim, disfigure and kill more humans and all other breeds combined.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Ok, if you truly believe that, please explain why more often than not, bully dogs that maim and kill humans out of nowhere act in that manor?
    I mean time after time you read, my pits have never acted agressive before in there lives. And yet they maim, disfigure and kill more humans and all other breeds combined.
    And you believe what they said?
    I say they taught them to be mean and are covering it up.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    If this was a pit bull, I'd smoke it in a heartbeat. More apt to give a Golden Retriever the benefit of the doubt.

This was a call for multiple unleashed dogs running amok in the neighborhood.

Justified?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I don't agree with that totally. The most aggressive dog I have ever known belonged to my wife when she was younger. It was a 100lb German Shephard. It wasn't that way with everyone, just almost everyone. There were maybe five people he didn't try to eat on site.

He was not raised to be mean. He was never abused. The only thing that was lacking was he saw my wife as something to protect, not someone to mind.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If this was a pit bull, I'd smoke it in a heartbeat. More apt to give a Golden Retriever the benefit of the doubt.

This was a call for multiple unleashed dogs running amok in the neighborhood.

Justified?

That dog was so aggressive even I felt anxiety watching the video.

Dude needs to be demoted to parking enforcement.

Top Bottom