Marion County Fish and Game (IndyRange.com) Best Time to Join All Year is Oct 4!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 49CJ3A

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Indianapolis
    For those who are interested, we are shooting trap this Thursday night. If you're interested in joining and have never been to our range, this would be a good opportunity to check it out.

I've been considering joining for a couple months now and may stop by tomorrow night to check out the trap shoot.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I've been considering joining for a couple months now and may stop by tomorrow night to check out the trap shoot.

Our trap shooters are a good group of people. Mark (the Match Director) has really worked hard to make our Trap program thrive over the past few years. Enjoy!

49CJ3A

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Indianapolis
    My son and I made it out tonight to check out the range. Place is fantastic! Thanks to Mark for showing us around and providing a bit of history and details about the place! We may see you on Tuesday!

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    My son and I made it out tonight to check out the range. Place is fantastic! Thanks to Mark for showing us around and providing a bit of history and details about the place! We may see you on Tuesday!

Thank you so much for the positive feedback! We pride ourselves on being friendly and welcoming to new members; it's good to hear that everybody on trap night took such good care of you.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Since it's getting dark earlier, is it possible to show up 15 or 20 minutes early and get the nickle tour of the place on Tuesday?

That should be no problem. Just introduce yourself at the sign in desk when you get there; there should be plenty of members who can show you around.

Last edited:

dominicandemon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    St. Augustine, Florida
    If I read the webpage correctly and after reading a few posts, it looks like it is open everyday, until sunset and you get your own key to open the gate and shoot?

And it also looks like it is closed for competition and such.

Is this correct?

brutalone

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Westside Indianapolis
    I SOOOOOO badly want to come and join.... However I have a 4 hour class on Tuesday nights that I can NOT miss!
    Is there any other time I can come out?????
    I have submitted this question on the web site but I thus far have not gotten a response.....
    Please advise....

alexanjl12

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Westside Indy
    Just found out that next week my work is offering OT, and one of the nights is on Tuesday...as much as I would like to make it out this month...i CANT turn down OT :D

Can someone advise what the November date is? My phone isnt pulling up the MCF&G site.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    If I read the webpage correctly and after reading a few posts, it looks like it is open everyday, until sunset and you get your own key to open the gate and shoot?

And it also looks like it is closed for competition and such.

Is this correct?

It is very rare that both the Shooting Bays and the Main Range are closed at the same time; we endeavor to have at least one shooting area open during competitions.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Just found out that next week my work is offering OT, and one of the nights is on Tuesday...as much as I would like to make it out this month...i CANT turn down OT :D

Can someone advise what the November date is? My phone isnt pulling up the MCF&G site.

Meetings are the First Tuesday of the Month.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I SOOOOOO badly want to come and join.... However I have a 4 hour class on Tuesday nights that I can NOT miss!
    Is there any other time I can come out?????
    I have submitted this question on the web site but I thus far have not gotten a response.....
    Please advise....

While I understand it can be a pain to make a Tuesday night meeting (you may have to take vacation, etc.), it is very difficult for us to schedule special times to meet new members at the club for safety training, as we have 900+ member families.

Enforcer831

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    I'm hoping to be there Tuesday as well. Wife said I could join as a birthday present!
    Anything I need to bring other than cash, application and completed safety quiz?

Top Bottom