Marion County Fish and Game (IndyRange.com) Best Time to Join All Year is Oct 4!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I'm hoping to be there Tuesday as well. Wife said I could join as a birthday present!
    Anything I need to bring other than cash, application and completed safety quiz?

Just that and willingness to learn! If you just make sure to show up on time and pay attention to Chris' Safety Orientation, you should be all set.

Mog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm interested-- had hoped to come out there on Tuesday but my sister will likely be in town & looks like my family will have me in custody on Tuesday.

brutalone

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Westside Indianapolis
    While I understand it can be a pain to make a Tuesday night meeting (you may have to take vacation, etc.), it is very difficult for us to schedule special times to meet new members at the club for safety training, as we have 900+ member families.
    Well... that will push me out till at least January.... Just missing one class would drop my grade 5%.....

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Well... that will push me out till at least January.... Just missing one class would drop my grade 5%.....

We look forward to having you join then! Sorry we have to be so strict about the safety orientation; we are completely run by volunteers and it is hard for us to meet individuals out at the range because we have so many members.

Last edited:

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    While I understand it can be a pain to make a Tuesday night meeting (you may have to take vacation, etc.), it is very difficult for us to schedule special times to meet new members at the club for safety training, as we have 900+ member families.

Are you doing another signup meeting in November? I got trumped for tomorrow night.

Topher Durden

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Noblesville
    I can't wait to join! I came out to shoot steel last friday and had a blast. o I am wondering, once i'm a member, can i come out any day except thursday during mowing?

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    We do offer Safety Orientation during the day at our Volunteer Day; typically that is in April. Since our Safety Orientation is put on by people who are volunteering time out of their busy schedules (work, family, hobbies, etc.) we are currently only able to offer it during our monthly Board Meetings on the first Tuesday of the month, except for Volunteer Day.

Doty

At peace
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Central Indiana

900+? Is the range always crowded?

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Depends on when you go. I typically go through the week after work and the most people I have seen there at one time was 10-15 and that is usually right around the hunting season.

The weekends are a different animal I only go on weekends if there is a scheduled event because my personal schedule limits my free time on the weekends.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis

I would say that the range isn't crowded; there is always room for people to shoot on the main range as long as a competition isn't closing it. We do get pretty busy when hunting season comes around, but I think the most I have seen is about 15 people on-site for normal open hours. Since we've got 20+ lanes on the main range and 2 bays, I have never felt that it was too busy. Keep in mind a lot of folks maintain a membership only to come out once or twice per year. When you compare our annual dues to the hourly rates at indoor ranges, you can see that it is often cheaper for folks to buy an annual membership to our club than it would be for them to buy 8 hours of range time.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Thanks to everyone who came out tonight to join. If you get the opportunity, please take the time to thank the members of the Board that made tonight happen (primarily Anton, Adam, and our Membership Coordinator Mel). Without their dedication and hard work (all for $0.00) there is no way we could have such a successful club.

Top Bottom