• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Alcoholics seem to function better in society than people that smoke dope every day. I have yet to make a traffic stop on a really nice car, in a really nice neighborhood on a person with a really nice job thats been smoking weed. Im sure there are some out there that do it but its not even close to the norm of weed smokers.

I'd be interested to see the stats on fatal crashes caused by someone that's drunk vs. someone that's stoned... Of course when you're only driving 20 mph I suppose that might influence the mortality rate of the crashes. ;)

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    After watching several close family members flush their lives, family's and careers down the toilet with substance abuse. And even had a cousin murdered as a innocent bystander over a pot deal gone wrong, nope, won't get much support from me and most of my family.

Not to be callous, but your cousin would probably still be alive if the transaction the killer had been engaged in hadn't been illegal. Government over-reach was the indirect cause of his death. You don't see people selling cigarettes in the alley with armed thugs watching over the deal. Well, unless you're in NYC.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Alcoholics seem to function better in society than people that smoke dope every day. I have yet to make a traffic stop on a really nice car, in a really nice neighborhood on a person with a really nice job thats been smoking weed. Im sure there are some out there that do it but its not even close to the norm of weed smokers.

That's a really good point. I think, for the most part, pot smokers are a bunch of under-achievers. But that isn't universal. Maybe there is a difference in the way successful people recreationally use the two drugs. Frankly, I think using either to the point of intoxication is reckless and stupid, and liable to cause dependency.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    We have a huge problem in this country with the acceptance of chemically altering people's mental status. We need no further and we need to shame the common practice of what is already legal.

I might use shame, if it is appropriate. I'll more likely try to get the person the help they need. But I won't use the law to further destroy lives without doing anything to solve the problem.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I know now a LOT of EXTREMELY successful pot smokers. You’d never know because they’re smart and keep it under wraps. You’d **** your pants if you knew how many people (successful and not) smoke weed. Your statement is ignorant at the fullest extent.

Its .gov marketing that’s making you think pot smokers are a bunch of lazy bums. It’s simply not true. There’s lazy bums in all categories (alcohol drinkers, coffee drinkers, etc...). The difference is, the .gov hasn’t spent trillions trying to brain wash you into thinking alcohol drinkers are lazy bums.

Like always, vices will run some peoples lives.....most people don’t fall into that category though. And it’s no reason to make something illegal and to take away other peoples freedom.

Last edited:

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Lol.....good luck with that. I like to drink beer. I could care less if you walked behind me, rung a bell, and chanted “shame shame shame.”

If you can’t handle alcohol, or whatever chemical, don’t put it in your body. That’s your choice. But you don’t have the right to force your decision and opinion on someone else.

We have a huge problem in this country with the acceptance of chemically altering people's mental status. We need no further and we need to shame the common practice of what is already legal.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    And why exactly should alcohol be taxed and regulated?

Why should cigarettes?

Kinda that.

Most murders in Marion county are weed related so it would cut those down if not eliminate entirely. The issue with “War on Drugs assets”comment is that removing weed as a revenue stream will not convince criminals to to straight. They will move to a new illegal enterprise and law enforcement will shift accordingly. Weed is taxed at almost 50%. Colorado moved 25% or so of that tax revenue to public schools as marijuana markedly increased the drop out rate and test scores dropped as well. Breathing any burning plant material is carcinogenic. In Colorado those driving impaired on marijuana increased 147% since legalized.

Im fine with legalization as long as we set potency standards and have reliable testing for driving under the influence. I would also like FDA studies on the associated risks, so we’re not stuck paying for a generation of high school dropouts with lung cancer who heard Cannabis was some miracle zero-side-effect drug on the internet. I do enjoy the idea of removing a criminal’s revenue stream.

It jumped in Colorado because they started the 5ng law.....which is crazy. A regular user could stop smoking for days and still be above legal limit, and have smoked nothing for days. That would be like getting a drunk driving charge 3 days after you drank.

That's because the weed smokers in the nice cars don't get pulled over, because there is no PC because they still function normally and you don't suspect them to being a user because they are dressed nice and driving a nice car. Alcoholics kill innocent people. When was the last arrest you made/know of where a person only smoking weed caused a fatality? Now when was the last time you busted/or know of a drunk causing a fatality? Alcohol can kill anyone, I have several friends that have either died drunk driving or been killed by drunk drivers. Never heard of a weed smoker doing that.

I'd be interested to see the stats on fatal crashes caused by someone that's drunk vs. someone that's stoned... Of course when you're only driving 20 mph I suppose that might influence the mortality rate of the crashes. ;)

Not even close. Drunks would win by a big %.

That's a really good point. I think, for the most part, pot smokers are a bunch of under-achievers. But that isn't universal. Maybe there is a difference in the way successful people recreationally use the two drugs. Frankly, I think using either to the point of intoxication is reckless and stupid, and liable to cause dependency.

I'll agree with you that it can cause under-achieving. It will hold you back from realizing your full potential. It will hinder you in obtaining a good job and fulfilling your goals in life. I don't know how you get intoxicated on weed, although I spent a lot of time when younger trying to figure it out. I don't think weed is addictive, mentally maybe, physically......never.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

Probably because alcohol is accepted by society. Maybe it's the mentality that weed is illegal and alcohol isn't, dunno. Delving into the history of weed and how it came to be illegal is pretty interesting.

Anybody ever watch "Reefer Madness"? Hilarious AND scary at the same time. Hilarity ensues with their attempts to make it a psychotropic drug that induces random acts violence turning normal people into sex crazed murderers. Scary in the fact that our government was behind the movie (propaganda) to stigmatize a legit product because it was in direct competition with alcohol for the people's recreational dollar.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Probably because alcohol is accepted by society. Maybe it's the mentality that weed is illegal and alcohol isn't, dunno. Delving into the history of weed and how it came to be illegal is pretty interesting.

Anybody ever watch "Reefer Madness"? Hilarious AND scary at the same time. Hilarity ensues with their attempts to make it a psychotropic drug that induces random acts violence turning normal people into sex crazed murderers. Scary in the fact that our government was behind the movie (propaganda) to stigmatize a legit product because it was in direct competition with alcohol for the people's recreational dollar.

Somehow Reefer Madness came up in conversation. My youngest son (21 now, this was a few years back) said, "Yeah I saw that on YouTube, it was hilarious!" After a brief pause I had to tell him it wasn't satire.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy

Just simply wrong. If you consider how many traffic stops you make in regards to number of people who smoke. You have an extremely small sample size. So your own personal experiences do not speak for the mass majority of smokers.

Also who's to say you haven't pulled over s nice BMW with a high ranking manager driving it for not using his turn signal or maybe he was speeding. You complete your traffic stop and ticket with out ever knowing he had a dime bag in his coat pocket. Just bc you didn't know it was here doesn't mean it wasn't. What do people constantly chant around here "concealed means concealed"

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

I might use shame, if it is appropriate. I'll more likely try to get the person the help they need. But I won't use the law to further destroy lives without doing anything to solve the problem.

We have enough laws, we need no more, no less. We need to shame the recreational use of mind altering chemicals.

Over a generation, we have arguably been successful at eliminating the lion share of cigarette smoking. We could do the same with drugs and alcohol.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Legal or not the industry I'm in has already stated "if its legal in the state we are workin in, you will still be terminated" we are dot regulated

UTL

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2015
    Central Indiana
    I know now a LOT of EXTREMELY successful pot smokers. You’d never know because they’re smart and keep it under wraps. You’d **** your pants if you knew how many people (successful and not) smoke weed. Your statement is ignorant at the fullest extent.

Its .gov marketing that’s making you think pot smokers are a bunch of lazy bums. It’s simply not true. There’s lazy bums in all categories (alcohol drinkers, coffee drinkers, etc...). The difference is, the .gov hasn’t spent trillions trying to brain wash you into thinking alcohol drinkers are lazy bums.

Like always, vices will run some peoples lives.....most people don’t fall into that category though. And it’s no reason to make something illegal and to take away other peoples freedom.

Speaking of ignorance, I just said my opinion came from my first hand experience and you stated it was from the .GOV marketing...lol, come on man.
    How many cars a day do I need to make contact with that are smoking weed in the car with a suspended license, and that the vehicle is registered to someone other than them? If you cant keep something simple like a vaild drivers license usually other parts of your life are a disaster too.

Last edited:

UTL

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2015
    Central Indiana

Im going to go with the fact that the person that would partake in something illegal is different than a person that is guilty in the over use of alcohol. Working interdiction its very eye opening once you see all they dynamics in play of the person that has no issues doing something illegal on a daily basis and a person that thrives in our communities. Two very different types of people and traits.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Just to toss it out there... My 87 year old grandmother was an ER nurse for decades in both NWI and California, she is 100% for pot and against alcohol based on her medical experience with drunks killing themselves and others and will tell you so. She is still working full time, but doing hospice calls now. Incredible woman.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Only idiots smoke in their car. Same with people that drink. Throwing a single blanket on all pot smokers because you only run into the stupid ones is not acceptable.

Speaking of ignorance, I just said my opinion came from my first hand experience and you stated it was from the .GOV marketing...lol, come on man.
    How many cars a day do I need to make contact with that are smoking weed in the car with a suspended license, and that the vehicle is registered to someone other than them? If you cant keep something simple like a vaild drivers license usually other parts of your life are a disaster too.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Pot it is less dangerous than alcohol. It’s ridiculous that it’s illegal.

Just to toss it out there... My 87 year old grandmother was an ER nurse for decades in both NWI and California, she is 100% for pot and against alcohol based on her medical experience with drunks killing themselves and others and will tell you so. She is still working full time, but doing hospice calls now. Incredible woman.

Top Bottom