• ...and so much more!
  • lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    The mass-detention tool | News Cut | Minnesota Public Radio

Forty innocent Americans detained for seven thousand two hundred seconds of their lives to catch a thief. Who is the bigger inconvenience, the thief who robbed the bank, which had an insurance policy on their money, or the police who detained forty innocent people to catch one guilty person?

This is why I argue that "criminals" rights should also be acknowledged. They can turn you into a "criminal" in a split second, with no evidence you ever did anything wrong. Bam! You're detained for two hours. Have a meeting to get to? NOT TODAY, SCUM! SOMEONE ROBBED A BANK! You were on your way to the bank to make an important deposit before it closes? Tough ****, dirtbag, first prove to us you aren't a criminal!

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Also, two high powered handguns? Seriously? The one on the left is either a Walther P22 (.22LR) or PK380 (.380ACP) and the handgun on the right is a Glock. If those two models are the criteria for a "high powered" handgun, then all handguns are high powered.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    What is the legality of handcuffing everyone?

This

My_Authoritah_by_wareagle884-300x229.jpg

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    What is the legality of handcuffing everyone?

Depends on if they had PC that all those people had committed a crime. Somehow, I doubt they did.

I don't believe cuffing can be justfied on reasonable suspicion alone and I somehow doubt there was articulable evidence supporting a reasonable belief that every person there was armed and dangerous.

Joe

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    I won't even address the Terry Stop issues in this since anyone who reads these forums knows this incident didn't even come CLOSE to meeting that legal standard.

What astonishes me is that not ONE SINGLE PERSON denied these badge-toting thugs permission to search their vehcles.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I wonder if they were told that if they allowed the search they could go, but if they didn't they'd be there for hours.

This hasn't even made the radar locally. I'll have to check out the local talk tomorrow.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    What astonishes me is that not ONE SINGLE PERSON denied these badge-toting thugs permission to search their vehcles.

It doesn't astonish me. Of course a single person isn't going to stand up against an entire gang of armed guys with M4s, shotguns, and high powered handguns pointing at them, while being ordered out of the vehichle for a lengthy detainment. They aren't afraid of the badges.

You can't really expect people in this situation to put on their brave pants and say "No, go get a warrant." These people think their heads are about to get blown off, and with good reason. People have been killed by this gang for much less. Accidentally call 911? Too bad, you're dead. Walking around in a movie theater lobby? Not for long, dead (or at least no longer living). Being deaf while holding wood (materials to make assault arrows/assault knives, etc.)? Carve this! Dead. So yeah, when this gang tells some mom with her four year old in the back seat that someone robbed the bank and they have to detain her and her child until they catch the theif, they comply.

While I like to believe I would tell them they have no reasonable suspicion that I committed a crime, they don't have any right to search me or my vehichle, but are free to go back to their car and write me a citation, when I have a bald guy to my left looking at me through his dot sight on his M4 and his buddy over to my right with his finger on the 12 gauge trigger, I'm probably going to think twice...at least. I mean these people kill Marines on pretty much a weekly basis for basically no reason at all.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I won't even address the Terry Stop issues in this since anyone who reads these forums knows this incident didn't even come CLOSE to meeting that legal standard.

People do realize that he's retired LEO, right?

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    How do you know this? Where you there? Where you in IA?

Did you read the link?
    “Most of the adults were handcuffed, then were told what was going on and were asked for permission to search the car,” Fania said. “They all granted permission, and once nothing was found in their cars, they were un-handcuffed.”

Why didn't they say why they think it was them. The story never said they had the $$ or something.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    The reason the jerk news "reporter" was so scared of the pistols is because they were evil black. Any other color and they wouldn't have been so dangerous......

Top Bottom