• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Someone send that fellow an invitation to become a hoosier, After he gets through this.

Doesn't matter. His rights, if he has a felony on his record (or indeed, even a misdemeanor involving inability to safely handle a firearm) may prevent him from obtaining his LTCH, thus, even here, his rights might still be unConstitutionally restricted.

And another word for "restricted" would be -- That's right, say it with me everyone -- "infringed".

ETA: Now, let's play out how this affects the rest of us: Many on here and elsewhere have said that they feel that those who have committed violent or "gun-related" so-called "felonies" should be forever prevented from exercising their Creator-granted right of self-defense, at least with a firearm, and seem to me to be saying that they would revoke the right itself if it was within their power to do so.
    This guy caused no harm to befall anyone else. His "crime" was malum prohibitum, or "bad because it was prohibited", rather than malum in se, meaning "bad in and of itself". I'm sure some will still say he should still "lose his rights" because "he knew better" or some such nonsense. Guess what? We all know better than to believe this nonsensical BAD "LAW" should be allowed to stand, let alone allow it to affect someone adversely who intended and intends no harm to any other person who has not harmed him. Yet, even if this man moved here to Indiana, where no such bad text with the color of law exists, he would still be infringed in the exercise of his basic human rights.

It sure is a shame no one ever said that shall not happen. Oh, wait....

Blessings,
    Bill

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Doesn't matter. His rights, if he has a felony on his record (or indeed, even a misdemeanor involving inability to safely handle a firearm) may prevent him from obtaining his LTCH, thus, even here, his rights might still be unConstitutionally restricted.

And another word for "restricted" would be -- That's right, say it with me everyone -- "infringed".

It sure is a shame no one ever said that shall not happen. Oh, wait....

Blessings,
    Bill
    We all know felons don't deserve to own guns and be able to protect themselves!

This is really pathetic. Amazingly there are many people in this country that think this is a good thing.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I can't totally blame those people for thinking that. It's all they've been told since 1968, and as such, it's a paradigm that's been in place since before many here were born. When the only meat you've eaten your whole life is bologna, it might taste OK to you, and you might even prefer it to, say, PB&J. Some would favorably compare it to SPAM, given the opportunity to make that comparison.

Now... Give that same person a thick, juicy steak with sauteed onions and a big, fat baked potato with all the trimmings (yes, including chopped bacon!)

Still think they'd like the bologna?

The trouble is that many here, including me, have never had the steak, but many of us, including me, know what it smells like and da**it, we WANT it!

Blessings,
    Bill

We all know felons don't deserve to own guns and be able to protect themselves!

This is really pathetic. Amazingly there are many people in this country that think this is a good thing.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    A what violation? Oh... you mean that thing they overrode with such things as the misnamed "Patriot Act"

Of note, color of text is fully intentional, especially the third word from the last in the preceding sentence.

Blessings,
    Bill

Very sad, I feel bad for that kid. Also, this seems like a 4th amendment violation.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I would like to see the day when any politician who proposes laws like this are convicted of a felony and serve mandatory prison time. That might put an end to it.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :puke: & :sad:
    81455068.jpg

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Hopefully we'll see the NRA, GOA, or SAF get involved here. Of course there is that nagging issue of probable cause here, which could get the entire thing thrown out without even having a 2A or MA Constitutional argument. If the police did what they did without probable cause, and it sure sounds as if they did, then his lawyer should be arguing that already.

While I hate to see something like this happen to an otherwise lawful citizen, sometimes these sorts of insane laws overturned. In light of the recent Heller and McDonald decisions, this one is a no-brainer.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I wonder if this will have any effect on the business of North Shore Firearms in Middleton, MA.

(The gun store that ratted on one of their customers as the article alleges.)

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I wonder if this will have any effect on the business of North Shore Firearms in Middleton, MA.

They should at least catch some hell about it through phone calls, and hopefully be shunned by their customers. Their contact info is at the bottom.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

An ingoer ffl stated a long time ago he'd gladly turn over his log books to the Feds if asked.

Oh, and in before the muzzy talk.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    names please or link to said post please.
    That would be michianna and it was probably at least 3 years ago.

A tyrant is nothing without his henchmen to carry out his orders. And what's even worse are the sonderkommandos who are the tyrant's target carrying out the tyrant's orders in the hopes of saving themselves.

Top Bottom