• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Most of the comments read like gun owners are all over this.

One in particular got me thinking. The guy didn't break any federal laws, just state, so why did (supposedly) federal agencies 'work in conjunction' with the state to get this "bust". If he wasn't doing anything wrong as far as the Fed.'s are concerned how can they even have a part of this?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Stories like this are what makes me laugh about the cumbaya community pipe dream so many believe in.

How many INGOers have threatened to report to the ATF Armslisters or INGOers for operating as an unlicensed dealer (for having the gall to buy low and sell high) or posting a pic of a pistol with a forward pistol grip? Their reasoning is that by reporting law breakers, they're preserving their own rights. See, we should be happy that this gun shop reported this guy. He was only protecting our right to bear arms.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Stories like this are what makes me laugh about the cumbaya community pipe dream so many believe in.

How many INGOers have threatened to report to the ATF Armslisters or INGOers for operating as an unlicensed dealer (for having the gall to buy low and sell high) or posting a pic of a pistol with a forward pistol grip? Their reasoning is that by reporting law breakers, they're preserving their own rights. See, we should be happy that this gun shop reported this guy. He was only protecting our right to bear arms.

I actually think I've only mentioned reporting one person, who was posing as his dad or grandpa and trying to solicit firearms sales when he was under 18. That person then went and posted phallic images all over INGO.

At what point can I consider myself one of these people you speak of :)

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I actually think I've only mentioned reporting one person, who was posing as his dad or grandpa and trying to solicit firearms sales when he was under 18. That person then went and posted phallic images all over INGO.

At what point can I consider myself one of these people you speak of :)

Age restrictions are good law but mag restrictions aren't? Where's the age requirement in the 2a?

Last edited:

sun

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Connecticut
    At least one Massachusetts trial court judge ruled that the Mass. gun storage law was unconstitutional based on the Heller decision by stating:

The locking mechanisms [required by the statute] are the functional equivalent of those enumerated in the D.C. statute struck down in Heller.

In Heller, the Court held that the Second Amendment not only protects an individual's right to possess firearms but that the right requires that the firearms be available for "the purpose of immediate self-defense." The Massachusetts statute mandating lock boxes or similar devices would frustrate an owner's ability to immediately access an operable weapon.

http://www.volokh.com/posts/1238111035.shtml

In agreement with the judge, the prosecutor declined to appeal, even though the incorporation of the Heller decision on the states is only assumed but otherwise unresolved.

However, more recently the Massachusetts Supreme Court upheld their gun storage law against a 71 year old man which allowed for the state's prosecution against him to proceed. Which means that he would now need to appeal to the SCOTUS in order to overturn the law and to avoid prosecution. Thus the Mass. high court is denying any incorporation of the Heller decision with regard to their gun storage law as previously decided by the judge in the other case.

Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court upholds state's gun storage law, rejects challenge by Springfield man | masslive.com

Last edited:

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    :puke: & :sad:
    81455068.jpg

The government is the disease.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Question for Leo's and lawyers... What could possibly be the probable cause to even investigate this guy?

And I might have missed it, but did the article say anything about this kid owning any ammo? (not that it matters, just curious)
    Also, one article I read calls him "a student from Lebanon", is he a foreigner, or a citizen? What about his dad?

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    Question for Leo's and lawyers... What could possibly be the probable cause to even investigate this guy?

And I might have missed it, but did the article say anything about this kid owning any ammo? (not that it matters, just curious)
    Also, one article I read calls him "a student from Lebanon", is he a foreigner, or a citizen? What about his dad?

That's kind of what I was thinking. That's pretty far reaching to go from "phone call asking about 'clips'" to opening an investigation and searching the residence. Then again maybe the agents showed up and the dad just let them in when they asked. Busted.

As to the feds helping out, they thought they smelled 'terrorist', so any federal agencies were probably happy to take charge or help the investigation.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

Buying Ammo While Black in Gary is enough for INGOers to convict.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Thread must have been deleted. I know I posted in it and I can't find it.

The author of the following would ask this question?

That comment you quoted wasn't directed at any members here. But I'm sure you know that. I post plenty that's not a slam against INGOers. I rarely see any posts by you that aren't somehow insults directed towards at least part of the membership here.

It's obvious you don't like the people on this forum. Why do you even come here?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    That comment you quoted wasn't directed at any members here. But I'm sure you know that. I post plenty that's not a slam against INGOers. I rarely see any posts by you that aren't somehow insults directed towards at least part of the membership here.

It's obvious you don't like the people on this forum. Why do you even come here?

Didn't someone appoint you the keeper of the INGO welcome mat and I'm not aware?

What am I supposed to be enraged about? The Republicans in the house finally putting their foot down by saying "enough is enough... we're not funding that?"

Or the Democrats in the Senate saying "you'll fund everything we want or you'll get no funding at all!"?

moveon.org is that way --------------->

Go there. You'll probably fit in better.

Top Bottom