• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    My point would be that a soldiers job is to break things and kill people. Whether he is a private or a general. War college teaches generals to lead people in the act of breaking things and killing people.

There is no school that teaches you to be a President.

I would rather have someone that has spent his life building things than someone that has spent his life breaking things.

One of the most poignant arguments against the prior occupant of the WH is that he had never built so much as a hot dog stand.

I would take a battlefield organizer over a community organizer, though.

The same things I’ve said above apply here to. There are more considerations than what a candidate has built. Building things doesn’t prepare one for being president. There’s no reason to pick one thing and then take that one thing to the voting booth. And I suspect that is not what you did. Judging from your other posts there are deeper reasons why you like Trump.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    "If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, is that you can kill anybody."

Internet points for anybody who remembers that line.:)

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    One of the most poignant arguments against the prior occupant of the WH is that he had never built so much as a hot dog stand.

I read somewhere that he made Michelle's hot dog stand, but they might have been talking about something else.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    :rolleyes: okay, so it’s better to elect another Napoleon, you know, because he’s a general, than a real estate developer. It is a personal decision. If that criterion is as deep as you dig into the person you vote for, that’s pretty much low information voting. Of course it should go deeper than just that. ***damn straight I would vote for a real estate developer over a general if the real estate developer hit more of my criteria.

I wasn't the one making that point.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Really? Is this an “educated” guess? Or just some elitist ******* wondering how anyone could possibly think differently from himself? I wish the Trumpers would not have supported him. But they did. They support things they were against when it was Obama doing it. I don’t wonder smugly, dreaming up answers which place them beneath me. This attitude of yours is a cause of the division we have today and it’s not helpful. I once had some respect for you. I thought you were at least an honest broker. I’ve misjudged character before I guess.

If you really were interested, I mean truly interested why Trumpers love Trump so much, rather than this elitist bull****, wouldn’t you prefer to sit down and just talk to some of them? Not just the dumb ones you think represent all of them. Why not challenge your perception of them by having a sincere conversation with a cross section, especially those with a more advanced degree than yours. There are plenty of them. Some of them right here on INGO.

Ideology has little to do with intelligence or education (indoctrination notwithstanding). People with advanced degrees think men can menstruate and get pregnant for crying out loud.

Im not looking down from any ivory tower, we live in indiana, most anyone in my family or at work voted for Trump. You're truly overthinking things trying to give die hard trumpsters benefit of the doubt that there is anything more than cult of personality going on.

Trump has Zero ideology.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    You made the counterpoint.

Not my intent, "I don't expect to get an answer" provoked me into giving one. Washington would have been a better example. But im not buying into any argument that your occupation inherently makes you a better president.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    In response to posts saying you guys were singing a different tune when "xxxxx" was running, please note few of us wanted a Bush, McCain, Romney, Powell, Et al, that was what the Republican establishment offers us.

We would have loved to find someone that represented and championed our issues better.

Then our our choice was between them and true leftists...

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Im not looking down from any ivory tower, we live in indiana, most anyone in my family or at work voted for Trump. You're truly overthinking things trying to give die hard trumpsters benefit of the doubt that there is anything more than cult of personality going on.

Trump has Zero ideology.

Why is it that the peeps so convinced that they've got it going on are always small enough to step on a three inch dick

Who the **** are you?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Not my intent, "I don't expect to get an answer" provoked me into giving one. Washington would have been a better example. But im not buying into any argument that your occupation inherently makes you a better president.

Can it make you a worse one? (see:community organizer)

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    It is bizarre seeing which side the right lines up behind. A decorated general who keeps with him a copy of Marcus Aurelius' meditations vs a draft dodging heathen.

Sometimes I think it's an educational thing. People who dont like to/want to think vs those who do. Maybe the 'poorly educated' love Trump because they finally found a man after their own minds. Work long days then veg out in front of fox news in the evenings. The true Trump diehards, not the hold their nose while voting fans.

Or maybe a General who earned his stripes in a war nobody has won in 40 years, yet wishes to continue fighting, isn't the kind of man who should run a country?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Trump has Zero ideology.

Trump is ideological. Everyone is to some extent. Well, except psychopaths. Trump supporters are. You are. I am. It sounds to me like you’re trying to oversimplify it so that you can conveniently explain it with, they’re all uneducated idiots. You’re no better than the elitist **********s looking down at the people who dare to have a different worldview. It also sounds like you’ve got some contempt brewing for the Trumpers.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Or maybe a General who earned his stripes in a war nobody has won in 40 years, yet wishes to continue fighting, isn't the kind of man who should run a country?

To be fair, we don't know what the General wishes to do.:dunno:

He did his job in accordance with the wishes of the civilian, political leadership that he served under.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Trump is ideological. Everyone is to some extent. Well, except psychopaths. Trump supporters are. You are. I am. It sounds to me like you’re trying to oversimplify it so that you can conveniently explain it with, they’re all uneducated idiots. You’re no better than the elitist **********s looking down at the people who dare to have a different worldview. It also sounds like you’ve got some contempt brewing for the Trumpers.

You're right im no better than the ********** elitists. I thought it was a given that Trump fits the narcissistic sociopath mold.

Its like religion, I dont have contempt for the devoutly religious people in my family, I have contempt for the bizarre cult they've fallen into that appears to have blinded them from reason and allows them to simply ignore any evidence which contradicts their faith.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    You're right im no better than the ********** elitists. I thought it was a given that Trump fits the narcissistic sociopath mold.

Its like religion, I dont have contempt for the devoutly religious people in my family, I have contempt for the bizarre cult they've fallen into that appears to have blinded them from reason and allows them to simply ignore any evidence which contradicts their faith.

Bet you're a ray of sunshine at family get togethers.:laugh:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I wouldn't support a Republican nominee just because of a military background even though I think it's a plus but I might be less inclined if they were a former General, that's a lifelong 'politician' right there of a different stripe. I was initially excited about the announcement of Mattis and loved the memes but it ended up being pretty ho-hum and no different than anybody else. I was particularly disappointed after the border stuff where he thought he had to run to the media and announce the troops would all be unarmed etc. Just another typical officer that doesn't trust the troops with loaded weapons.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I wouldn't support a Republican nominee just because of a military background even though I think it's a plus but I might be less inclined if they were a former General, that's a lifelong 'politician' right there of a different stripe. I was initially excited about the announcement of Mattis and loved the memes but it ended up being pretty ho-hum and no different than anybody else. I was particularly disappointed after the border stuff where he thought he had to run to the media and announce the troops would all be unarmed etc. Just another typical officer that doesn't trust the troops with loaded weapons.

Did Mattis make that decision?

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Bet you're a ray of sunshine at family get togethers.:laugh:

Ha i wouldn't dare tell my family my religious views.
    Unfortunately im guilty of the only irredeemable sin in their eyes, disbelief in God. Would absolutely devastate them to know im going to hell, not worth it.

Top Bottom