• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I feel for you. I need 2 new sets... 1 queen for the boy and 1 king for me. Tempurpedic for the queen was $4000.
    The king was $4100. At least they had the mechanical adjustment option for only an additional $1800. I saw some nice Beauty Rest sets at Sears that were reasonable. I hear the stuff at Costco is very nice and reasonable.
    I do not like the sleep number beds so that is out.

My wife and I recently bought a Tempurpedic queen with the adjustable base for less than $3000. And that included the "special" mattress cover and two pillows. Still a lot of money in my opinion, but we like it. We bought a model year closeout floor model and they knocked about $1500 off of the sale.

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    I made the mistake of mentioning wanting to look at Costco and you'd have thought I was talking about drowning puppies or something. I think the Sleep Number was nice especially when you get into the adjustable head/feet and all that. My wife seems to think we need to spend $7k on an adjustable Sleep Number bed after we've used a sub $1k mattress for the past ~ 15 years. If our "numbers" differed by 70, it seems like a much better option, but when you only differed by 5, I think you don't need the variability from one side to the other.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I made the mistake of mentioning wanting to look at Costco and you'd have thought I was talking about drowning puppies or something. I think the Sleep Number was nice especially when you get into the adjustable head/feet and all that. My wife seems to think we need to spend $7k on an adjustable Sleep Number bed after we've used a sub $1k mattress for the past ~ 15 years. If our "numbers" differed by 70, it seems like a much better option, but when you only differed by 5, I think you don't need the variability from one side to the other.

My wife never stays on her side anyway. that is why we stayed with the California king. It is huge and takes up a lot of space but it has also saved our marriage.....:)

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    I had a sleep number for about 6 years and will never own another. It was great at first but as time went on it got worse and worse. We bought an in house brand pillow top from mattress firm and it has been a great bed so far. If you talk to the sales people they will give you the lowest price that the mattress had been sold for in the last year. They have done it for me twice at the location you can see on 69 in castleton. If I remember right it was about $600 for the set.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Wife and I bought a Sealy pillow top 6.5 years ago. It's our first mattress. Paid just under $1000. We've thought of looking at something better for our next mattress.

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    Might seem a little off, but I have a Costco 3-foam queen mattress that is like new. Need to get rid of it (baby is getting the spare room). I got the mattress 4 years ago, but stopped using it 2 years ago when I got married. Too soft for the wife (backsleeper), so it has to go. Thing about a foam mattress is nothing can grow in it, since they are solid.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    We've had a Sleep Number for years now and I'd buy another in a heart beat. While your initial settings may differ very little as time goes on you might just see those numbers change. Do some damage to your back and it's nice to have an option that changes to a more comfortable setting. We don't have one of the new fancy ones with adjustable feet and head. The regular one works just fine for us and the cost was comparable to a good mattress and box springs. I really don't see us changing away from the Sleep Number any time soon.

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    Kicking myself now...it's almost in no uncertain terms if we get any bed other than the Sleep Number M7, the comfort level day and night will not be as comfy so to speak.

I guess it's another $4500 down the drain all in the name of happy wife, happy life.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Had a bed from Holder Bedding for a couple years now and love it. Made in Muncie (I bought at their Anderson store and they delivered free to me in Fishers) using good quality materials, and mine is flippable. It was right around $1000. I visited the store twice and must have spent 90 minutes laying on the beds and talking to the salesman about their products.

I know another INGO member went there and I think was satisfied, and mom has bought ken from them as well. Holder Bedding Inc., Anderson, IN

zombieglock

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I bought a Beautyrest Catskills Pillowtop Queen in september of last year. Bought it at sears on sale marked from 1700 to 830.

It has been the worst bed i've slept on. The pillowtop breaks down quick and I have a crater in the middle of the bed from where I sleep. When my Girlfriend stays the night, well we both end up in this crater together. DO NOT BUY THIS BED! Im 6 foot, 210.

My parents have a tempur-pedic and LOVE it. Quite a few people at work have told me to get a sleep number. They are expensive, but considering it's a place where you spend A LOT of time at, it's worth spending the extra money if it feels right to you.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    We bought a store brand (Denver Mattress) memory foam bed a little over a year ago. It was under $1,000. I've been happy with it. The one down side is that it hold your body heat. I do get hot in it, especially in the summer. But I have yet to find a bed I don't get hot in.

Not slept on a waterbed, huh?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    PITA is right!

For 13 years I enjoyed a waterbed and my wife put up with it.

Then the inevitable leak.

She likes the iComfort, I hate the heat-holding foam and vague reference to Apple products.

The only conventional mastress I like is the Westin Hotel's Heavenly Bed, which is a Simmons Beuatyrest.

In the market as well. I hear rave reviews on the sleep numbers. Anyone have recommendations?

So, since we couldn't agree, we chose a Sleep Number bed. Even then there was disagreement. She wanted expensive - M7, I wanted cheap C5. We settled on a P7, which has a modestly thick pillow top, but no memory foam.

I like it! It's comfy, it very quickly adjusts, it will pretty much be the same 20 years from now since there's no springs or foam to wear out. Setup was easy, too.

The downside? It does have a feall of sleeping on a air mattress (duh!) and they are pretty expensive.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom