• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Uhhh... you know that, as 2A supporters, we have some "same side of the fence" issues, too, right?

Like, by definition, every murderer who uses a firearm is at least an implied supporter of gun rights.

I think that's a dangerous rhetorical path to tread.

Yeah, but calling for the kid of POTUS to be kidnapped and raped? I didn't pick up on Waters saying that, and if she did, that's sure burying the lede.
    I misunderstood your post. I realized later that you were replying to printcraft's post. I thought you were saying that you hadn't seen her calling for the harassment. On that note, I haven't seen her (or anyone on the left) decrying Fonda's call for raping the POTUS' son though.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I misunderstood your post. I realized later that you were replying to printcraft's post. I thought you were saying that you hadn't seen her calling for the harassment.

Ah, no problem. I looked back at my post and I was sloppy about what part I was responding to. :)

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    She is pretty much inciting like minds to harass people into being forced to leave simply because of who they work for. That is absolutely unacceptable.

I'm really not tracking.

People have a choice about who to work for - especially in DC. And, in particular, these role-players being heckled are leaders within the administration. It isn't "who they work for." It is literally what they do that is motivating the hecklers.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm really not tracking.

People have a choice about who to work for - especially in DC. And, in particular, these role-players being heckled are leaders within the administration. It isn't "who they work for." It is literally what they do that is motivating the hecklers.

Except she isn't singling out the policy makers. She's calling for harassment of anyone in Trump's administration. For example, SHS isn't a policy maker. She's just a mouthpiece. How does she deserve to be harassed for simply doing her job?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    For the record, I'm totally with Printcraft and DoggyDaddy on this. (I know some of you are shocked.)

I read that Sarah Sanders was asked to leave a restaurant simply because some employees didn't agree with her politics. This is not right.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Except she isn't singling out the policy makers. She's calling for harassment of anyone in Trump's administration. For example, SHS isn't a policy maker. She's just a mouthpiece. How does she deserve to be harassed for simply doing her job?

2 points:
    1. SHS is a policymaker. As Press Secretary she sets the policies for the entire communications staff. If people disagree with the job she's doing, they have a 1A right to express it.

2. To the extent Waters is calling for people throughout the administration to be heckled, that sucks for them, but yeah, it is part of the job. Having worked in political positions, it seems to me that everyone in those positions should understand that. Nothing ever happened to me like what happened to SHS or Nielsen, but stuff like that did happen to me on a smaller scale - simply for the job I did. Notably, even here on INGO. ;)

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    For the record, I'm totally with Printcraft and DoggyDaddy on this. (I know some of you are shocked.)

I read that Sarah Sanders was asked to leave a restaurant simply because some employees didn't agree with her politics. This is not right.

Wait.

What about the "my house, my rules" thing. I thought Rs were all about limiting the number of protected classes, not expanding them to political affiliations.

The market has a control for this situation. That should be the answer.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Wait.

What about the "my house, my rules" thing. I thought Rs were all about limiting the number of protected classes, not expanding them to political affiliations.

Not being right is not necessarily the call for new laws. I saw hypocrisy being pointed out and that's legitimate.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

e6ac4da138924fb684550efe277fec35.jpg

:D

2. To the extent Waters is calling for people throughout the administration to be heckled, that sucks for them, but yeah, it is part of the job. Having worked in political positions, it seems to me that everyone in those positions should understand that. Nothing ever happened to me like what happened to SHS or Nielsen, but stuff like that did happen to me on a smaller scale - simply for the job I did. Notably, even here on INGO. ;)

[FONT=&quot] “If you see anybody from that cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd, and you push back on them, and you tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere.[/FONT]

THAT is VERY loose rhetoric when you give it to a bunch of emotionally challenged leftists. Those ****sticks will take it as a call for physical confrontation.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Uhhh... you know that, as 2A supporters, we have some "same side of the fence" issues, too, right?
    Like, by definition, every murderer who uses a firearm is at least an implied supporter of gun rights.
    I think that's a dangerous rhetorical path to tread.

:scratch:

That's a left field hit for sure.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    THAT is VERY loose rhetoric when you give it to a bunch of emotionally challenged leftists. Those ****sticks will take it as a call for physical confrontation.

Ah, you know what... I realize where some of this sounded familiar....

I'd like to punch him in the face.

Nobody wants to hurt each other anymore... there are no consequences for protesters anymore.

If you see somebody getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of them, would you? Seriously, ok. Just knock the hell — I promise you I will pay for the legal fees, I promise.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Wait.

So, "You're not welcome here because what you're asking me to do conflicts with my religious beliefs." = Not okay, but "You're not welcome here because I don't like your boss." = Okay? If one agrees to the latter, then one must agree to the former. Which is the point that was being made with the wedding cake thing. By the way, the bakers weren't calling for people to harass gays wherever they saw them and to let them know they weren't welcome ANYWHERE. If they had, then I would say that it would have been as egregious as what Waters is calling for. Furthermore, she's not calling on businesses to just refuse service. She is actively calling for EVERYONE to harass members of the administration (she doesn't say "policy makers") wherever they see them. Big difference.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Wait.

You're confusing R with Ingotarians.

Do we want a society where civility, hospitality, and graciousness are antiquated? I don't care which side is calling for it, it's wrong. And I honestly don't recall anything like this coming out of the mouth of a republican.

I do not want policy determined by intimidation, therefore it should not just be "part of the job description".

Maxine should be look back to Lincoln when she makes such claims as "God is on our side".

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Didn't see anyone swinging bike locks.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So, "You're not welcome here because what you're asking me to do conflicts with my religious beliefs." = Not okay, but "You're not welcome here because I don't like your boss." = Okay? If one agrees to the latter, then one must agree to the former.

I agree. :)

Furthermore, she's not calling on businesses to just refuse service. She is actively calling for EVERYONE to harass members of the administration (she doesn't say "policy makers") wherever they see them. Big difference.

I would say small difference.

Individual police officers don't decide policy, yet we are societally comfortable with people protesting their actions WHILE they are doing them.

ETA
    Forgot to address the "off duty" portion. I know of anecdotes where individual officers, while off duty, were confronted about actions that occurred while on duty. Didn't make the news, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

And those instances pertained to protesters at a political rally. Not the same thing as him saying, "Whenever and wherever you see a democrat, punch them in the face." And I don't agree that it was right to say those things either, for the record, but the context is not the same. A protester at a political rally is expecting contention. Someone out to dinner with their family is not.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I agree. :)

I would say small difference.

Individual police officers don't decide policy, yet we are societally comfortable with people protesting their actions WHILE they are doing them.
    I'm not. That's why we have a judicial system. And again, you qualified that with "while they are doing their job". Are you just as comfortable with protesting their actions while they're off duty and just trying to enjoy a meal with their family?

Top Bottom