Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I agree. :)

I would say small difference.

Individual police officers don't decide policy, yet we are societally comfortable with people protesting their actions WHILE they are doing them.

ETA
    Forgot to address the "off duty" portion. I know of anecdotes where individual officers, while off duty, were confronted about actions that occurred while on duty. Didn't make the news, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.
    Kind of addressed your as of yet unspoken ETA, but I'm unclear as to whether you're okay with that. I'm not.

EMDX6043

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2015
    Hammond
    Just thinking out loud here, but isn't all this stuff borderline Rebellion/Insurrection, Seditious Conspiracy, Advocating overthrow of Government, et al...as defined by 18 USC Chapter 115?

This **** is getting ridiculous.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Interesting how many side with Maxine Waters on this. The resistance believe they are strong.

Kind of addressed your as of yet unspoken ETA, but I'm unclear as to whether you're okay with that. I'm not.

Totally fair points.

I think it sucks.

Ideally, people in politically appointed offices can also have "down time" out with their families, on the golf course, or in an internet forum. The job is the job; the person is not the job.

But this is reality. I think Waters' rhetoric, and Trump's, suck. But, they have the right to say it.

I would hope people would see both as efforts to create and confirm fissures among Americans. Divisions that only serve to confirm the centralization of power in those calling for the actions.

People should be better than that.

Alas, huge swaths of Americans aren't better than that.

Am I okay with that? I kinda have to be. That's the reality of where we are. I can choose to participate or not, but I can only choose for me.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Just thinking out loud here, but isn't all this stuff borderline Rebellion/Insurrection, Seditious Conspiracy, Advocating overthrow of Government, et al...as defined by 18 USC Chapter 115?

This **** is getting ridiculous.

Not even close.

It is totally classless though.But, Maxine has never had any class.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    https://townhall.com/columnists/kur...d-will-inevitably-turn-into-violence-n2494043

"So, the left will embrace violence. It’s only a matter of time. They have to go there, because there’s nothing else left to try to undo our successful rebellion of 2016. The inertia of their hatred makes it inevitable. If we really are Nazi murderers who butcher children, don’t they kind of have to respond violently? Is violence against us justified? If what they are saying was true, it would be mandatory. Now, we know a lot of big name liberals don’t believe the crap they are spewing, but the base does. Do you think at Democrat gatherings, in fern bars and bus stations, they don’t giggle and whisper about how they hope the next time one of their own attacks a bunch of conservatives he, she, or xe runs up the body count?"

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    THAT is VERY loose rhetoric when you give it to a bunch of emotionally challenged leftists. Those ****sticks will take it as a call for physical confrontation.

Agreed. Its one thing for her to say "if you see them, say something." Its entirely different for her to suggest inciting mob violence, thought the latter is implied. If not violence, it will at least be intimidation. Not inciting violence? Then why would you need to gather a crowd? Why not just stand up and say "excuse me, I know who you are and I dont think you deserve to be here." ? You only need numbers if you need some type of physical intimidation, force, etc. to MAKE the person leave for fear of some type of harm.

Some leftist granny isnt going to make you leave the AO. But if granny gathers 5 or 6 compatriots who happen to be there and agree with her, that is intimidation and not cool. And like Printcraft said, these idiots are the ones who think that swinging a bike lock at somebody's head is a proper way to speak out against what they disagree with. It IS only a matter of time before more of their ilk use the mentality of the end justifying the means to escalate this to dangerous levels.

EMDX6043

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2015
    Hammond
    I'm not questioning just her, I'm talking about the left as a whole...just asking where the line is.

A congressional baseball game was attacked, after all, as one example.

Not even close.

It is totally classless though.But, Maxine has never had any class.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I'm not questioning just her, I'm talking about the left as a whole...just asking where the line is.

A congressional baseball game was attacked, after all, as one example.

And you could find thousands of posts on social media immediately afterwards cheering for it.:rolleyes:

Those are the people Maxine is speaking to. At some point, this will go very badly. After which, she'll claim she didn't mean for actual harm to come to anybody.:dunno:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Maxine Waters, meh.

I'll continue to contribute to my paid lobbyists who work to to protect my gun rights from people like her.

I'll use my one vote to contribute to the election of leadership that will work against what she wants.

Not much else I can do.

EMDX6043

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2015
    Hammond
    :rockwoot:

What's that they say about the pen and sword?

:yesway:

Maxine Waters, meh.

I'll continue to contribute to my paid lobbyists who work to to protect my gun rights from people like her.

I'll use my one vote to contribute to the election of leadership that will work against what she wants.

Not much else I can do.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Maxine Waters; the best and brightest..... of south central LA.

Well, I say we all go down to her district and stir up some trouble.

tenor.gif

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well, I say we all go down to her district and stir up some trouble.

tenor.gif

You sure that the picture you want to use and say "we?" I mean you know who he's calling in that meme right?

Kut (is obviously excluded from that "we")

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    There is one proper way to let your political opponents know that "they are not welcome here". That is through the ballot box. The left didn't care for how that went in 2016, so instead of looking inward to see what they did wrong, they're doubling down and making themselves even more repulsive. :yesway:

EMDX6043

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2015
    Hammond
    They'll ruin that too. I can't remember where but I've already seen one politician preemptively blaming 'bots' for any future election outcomes...

Top Bottom