• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Rayne, Nothing to be nervous about! Nothing at stake other than a good day of shooting. If I'm not mistaken, you were one of my instructors at a KD a couple years ago.
    FWIW, I'm bringing my Savage model 11VT in .223. It's a cheap rifle but shoots way better than I do. I have the same rifle in .308 I may toss in as a back up, assuming I can work out my schedule so I can be there.

Matt

Got that right!

Those 11VT Savage's are actually a very nice rifle and shoot awesome with the right matched load to them. Id say you should fair very well.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    So that looks to be about a three inch X ring and a 6 inch ten ring correct? What size groups did you guys put up last year? What type of rifle are you all shooting this year? I'm getting a little nervous that I may have bitten off more than I can chew.

Heck Rayne, I'm the one who is nervous now that you are coming! Since you tried to help me last year at the Revere Raider's event in Nashville I haven't shot once! :)

I don't worry about this shoot at all. I am so far behind these guys in ability and equipment that I just go for the fun and to get out of the house for a day.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I shot (my best group) from the prone at one of sgreen's events, so unless his range has been reconfigured it's possible.

Depending on weather and conditions as long as Steve is okay with it, I will shoot from prone. I am trying to learn how to do that.

TNLongShot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2015
    Charlestown
    Depending on weather and conditions as long as Steve is okay with it, I will shoot from prone. I am trying to learn how to do that.

I would rather shoot from prone as well, but I'm also fine with bench. I'm just like others looking forward to get out and meet some other shooters! I am a complete noob when it comes to any type of match shooting, so I am excited to see what that's like as well. Since I moved up here I've been very limited on when/where I've been able to shoot. Back in TN I was spoiled with a few family/friends having farmland that I could stretch out on.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    As far as shooting prone goes, that's up to the shooter. As mammynun mentioned he shot like that last year and did well. As long as your not using a sled to shoot from your good to go :yesway:

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    As far as shooting prone goes, that's up to the shooter. As mammynun mentioned he shot like that last year and did well. As long as your not using a sled to shoot from your good to go :yesway:

WHAT! No sled??? but, but, but, how can I be competitive if I'm not shooting from a sled?

Sounds like this will be a great day. I did a bit of shooting today and decided to change the rifle I'm bringing. I'm going back to the faithful bolty. I will say, it was very different shooting with a bipod but my son has been after me to expand the way I shoot. So this outing is for you son.

Last edited:

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    nightgaunt, I cant reply to your PM your box is full. To answer your question though, we will be shooting 2 at a time and the shooting benches are under shade trees.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Dang. Wish I would have seen this earlier. I would have definitely taken a day off of work to come shoot with everyone.

If the turnout for this one is good, I may hold another one toward the end of July. Ill also have the 50yrd 22lr Benchrest shoot probably next month as well.

TNLongShot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2015
    Charlestown
    Got the rifle I'm bringing to the shoot out for the first time since September. Checked zero and reacquainted myself after much too long! Very excited about next Saturday :rockwoot:

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Got the rifle I'm bringing to the shoot out for the first time since September. Checked zero and reacquainted myself after much too long! Very excited about next Saturday :rockwoot:

Good deal! I just spent the last hour an a half getting some rounds loaded up for next Saturday. Cant wait! Should be a great time...

Top Bottom