• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I was thinking about joining, and even volunteering before, just to check the place out. But if the attitude I'm seeing here is representative of the leadership, I think I'll pass.

R3l0@d3r

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    It really isn't this way all the time. :)

I agree with the subsequent poster that asked for the date clarification, looking at the title of the thread makes one believe that the work day is 6.30.13. However, in the OP body, there is the call out that steel is being ordered. I think the confusion could have been avoided by not including a date in the thread title.

Unfortunately in the time it took to post a response that said, para-phrasing, 'go look at the original post body, it is obvious', he could have taken a better tact and said, 'No, steel on order, will advise future work date'. Same amount of time, different attitude, probably different outcome.

MCFG is a great place to shoot and some times messages get crossed between members. Good to see more steel going up! Thank you.

Chesh97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2011
    NE Indiana
    I was thinking about joining, and even volunteering before, just to check the place out. But if the attitude I'm seeing here is representative of the leadership, I think I'll pass.

I have to agree. Someone asking for volunteers and acts like an a$$ when someone asks a question. No thanks. I can spend my time with people I actually care to be around.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have to agree. Someone asking for volunteers and acts like an a$$ when someone asks a question. No thanks. I can spend my time with people I actually care to be around.

Seriously.....none of us have ever said or "Typed" anything that came across a bit harshly. I know I have and not just once.
    For the most part every person I have met at MCFG has been at the least decent. No one and nothing is perfect. If you find something that is please PM me as I really want to see/experience it.
    Be safe,

-CM-

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Just a quick update; I think we have 5-10 folks that have volunteered already (depending on schedules). I'll post again when I have an update on delivery dates for the stands. If anybody has a Bobcat with an auger that we can borrow, please let us know. If no, we'll probably just rent one. Our experience with a motorized auger was bad (lots of BIG rocks), and I don't want anybody to get hurt while trying to dig the holes for the new stands.

Dave L

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2013
    Clermont
    I don't have any hand tools, but would be glad to help depending on scheduling. I love the steels in the north bay, anything I can do to help to get more, I'm in!

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    I hope that you and Reid enjoy it as much as you enjoy FNS. Hopefully this way there won't be so much of a wait to use the South bay.
    I'm sure we will!! we have missed the last 2 FNS events (vac and daughters oral surgery) Shooting steel is a great time.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Just a quick FYI; I found out the stands are done and should be delivered late next week. I also have a contact for a Bobcat rental that I will follow up with. Once we figure out when we can rent the Bobcat, I will let folks know so that we can pick a day.

Dave L

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2013
    Clermont
    I don't have any hand tools, but would be glad to help depending on scheduling. I love the steels in the north bay, anything I can do to help to get more, I'm in!

I'm a dumba$$, I meant the steels in the SOUTH bay, newbie mistake. I really do enjoy shooting steel, I'll be glad to help in any way I can.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Sounds great!! Reid and Devin (his buddy) and myself would be willing to lend a hand if it doesn't conflict with the type of ball that is being played at the time. GEEZ!!

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Just a quick update:

1) Auger: We found somebody that may donate the tractor / auger use.
    2) Stands: Should arrive later this week (likely at FNS)
    3) Work Day: We're talking about scheduling the work early on a Saturday morning; possibly the 13th or the 20th.
    4) Targets: They are on-order with Bobcat Steel

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just a quick update:

1) Auger: We found somebody that may donate the tractor / auger use.
    2) Stands: Should arrive later this week (likely at FNS)
    3) Work Day: We're talking about scheduling the work early on a Saturday morning; possibly the 13th or the 20th.
    4) Targets: They are on-order with Bobcat Steel

If you do Sat. the 13th we are (for now any way) available unless we get swamped again.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Just a quick FYI, the stands should show up tomorrow during setup for FNS. If our FNS regulars could help unload them, that'd be much appreciated. I talked to Bobcat steel, and the targets should be done in the next 1-2 weeks. I am waiting to hear back about the tractor and auger.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    FYI, we got someone to donate the use of a tractor and auger to drill the holes for the stands. We are tentatively scheduled for Tuesday, July 16th after 5 pm (still finalizing the time) to bury the stands. With that being said, who's available to help?

Top Bottom