• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We are doing a 2 system install on the 15th through the 17th. Probably 10 hr days so we are out. Sorry. Had you penciled in for this weekend. I do understand how things change.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for the help! I reconfirmed tonight that we are on for Tuesday night. The start time is going to be 5:30. If we can get a few hard workers, this should go quickly.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I will plan to be there. Since the targets are not in yet do we need any tools but a level to plumb the stands and a shovel to back-fill the holes?

I think you pretty much nailed it. I would like everybody to wear gloves and safety glasses, but otherwise your list includes it all! I'm not sure when the steel targets will be done; last I heard we were 1-2 weeks out. That's ok though, it will be good to get the tough and dirty work out of the way.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    I think you pretty much nailed it. I would like everybody to wear gloves and safety glasses, but otherwise your list includes it all! I'm not sure when the steel targets will be done; last I heard we were 1-2 weeks out. That's ok though, it will be good to get the tough and dirty work out of the way.

:cool: :yesway:

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Targets will be done Wednesday.

Awesome! Thanks for getting these done so quickly! I am going to be out of town late next week, so unfortunately I can't meet you then. We'll have to figure out a way to have you drop them off and/or have somebody meet you. If we could find somebody at trap night willing to meet you that would be ideal, but I'm not sure if that fits your schedule. If that won't work, we can always schedule something around your next trip to MCFG.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Thanks to everybody for coming out to help tonight to help! We got all 8 stands installed, and are ready to install the steel when it arrives. Thanks again!

IndyND

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Work goes well when you have a handful of good people.... and a power auger! It's nice to give back to a range that has given so much to me in the form of friendliness and advice. Start another thread whenever the next project comes up.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Work goes well when you have a handful of good people.... and a power auger! It's nice to give back to a range that has given so much to me in the form of friendliness and advice. Start another thread whenever the next project comes up.

Thanks for helping! We had a good group, and the power auger helped us get the work done really quickly. I am not sure what we would have done without the auger!

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    FYI, I talked to Bobcat Steel and we should have the targets delivered tomorrow night. I am busy for the next few days, but hopefully we can get the 1/2" grade 8 bolts and lock nuts in the next few days, and then get this project wrapped up within the next week.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Thanks to everybody who helped! All of the targets in the bays are installed and 2 of the 3 targets on the main range or installed. I would have gotten up the final target last night (a real sized deer target going on the 100 yard line) but my drill bits wouldn't make it through Bobcat Steel's finest AR500... One of our members offered to drill the hole through the target in his shop, so we should have that one completed soon too. In the meantime, here's some photos:

New targets in the North bay:

Different view of the North Bay:

Appleseed target on the 100 yard line. The deer target will be located to the right of the target rings.

I forgot to take a photo of the 100% IPSC target at the 50 yard line.

Top Bottom