• ...and so much more!
  • chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    MCFG: Organizing a Work Crew to Install More Steel Targets

The Board approved some new steel stands for the North bay and the main range to provide more targets for MCFG members to shoot. We also hope that the additional steel in the North bay will minimize the amount of trash that we produce. In order to get this steel installed, we are going to need to organize a work party. We will need to do the following:

1) Rent / borrow a 2 person posthole digger or Bobcat with an auger attachment (Anybody got one?)
    2) Bring shovels to backfill the dirt
    3) Bring wrenches / ratchets to tighten targets onto stands
    4) Bring gloves and safety glasses so that we safely complete this work.

The stands and targets are on order and should be done in a few weeks or a month. I would like to organize enough volunteers to make this happen. I would prefer not to bug the Board members with this project, as I remember how busy I was when I volunteered on the Board.

If you have tools to use or would be willing to volunteer, please post here. I am not sure if we'd want to do the work on a weekend morning, or if we'll want to make this happen on a weeknight; it will probably depend on what equipment we can rent / borrow. If we can get 3-5 people, this project should go pretty quickly.
    Sincerely,
    Chuck

Last edited:

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I'll volunteer, subject to scheduling of the date of implementation. Any weekend morning I'm not out of town probably works better than evening for me, but there are a few evenings here and there that I could get over to MCFG after work.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Retired and free!

I will plan to be there let me know when. I have all of the tools needed except the auger (my post hole digger is the old double spade, wear you out type). :D

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Classy. :rolleyes:

Regardless, I'd be happy to help if my schedule allows.

Please feel free to organize this volunteer day if you think you can do it better. I am volunteering my time, and have limited time to give due to other life commitments. I have a low tolerance for people that don't take the time to thoroughly read and comprehend my post, only to want me to volunteer time to provide more info that is already available.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Please feel free to organize this volunteer day if you think you can do it better. I am volunteering my time, and have limited time to give due to other life commitments. I have a low tolerance for people that don't take the time to thoroughly read and comprehend my post, only to want me to volunteer time to provide more info that is already available.

Thanks for the clarification. I'm very sorry to have asked a question and withdraw my offer of assistance.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

He was trying to volunteer his time as well and was simply asking for more information. Unfortunately it appears that your smug attitude has turned him away.

I'd still be happy to help when the time comes, for the benefit of the club.

Thanks for the clarification. I'm very sorry to have asked a question and withdraw my offer of assistance.

Last edited:

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    He was trying to volunteer his time as well and was simply asking for more information. Unfortunately it appears that your smug attitude has turned him away.

I'd still be happy to help when the time comes, for the benefit of the club.

Whatever dude. I was just trying to organize a work day, and when somebody asked a question that was already covered in the thread, I pointed them back at the OP. Then for some reason, I have you giving me a hard time.... It is stuff like this that makes people not want to volunteer their time.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    10-4. I'd love to find a member that could loan us a Bobcat with an auger to drill the 8 holes, but if that fails we can always rent one.

I have a good friend that has a bobcat just not sure if it has an auger attachment. I will give him a call. He is not far from the club.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have a good friend that has a bobcat just not sure if it has an auger attachment. I will give him a call. He is not far from the club.

Sounds good. Last time we did this, the rental place literally pulled the Bobcat off the trailer, drilled the holes, and pulled it right back on the trailer. We shouldn't need them for very long.

Top Bottom