• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    What's wrong with altering one moods we do it all the time with outside help.

Ever relieved stress at the gum range? Ever go for a drove to clear your head?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I am altering one's mood.

Cu7entHWgAAnw2F.jpg

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    X-Ray vision.....

Judjemental? Not at all, go hang out near a med MJ “clinic/dispensary” one time. Droves of otherwise healthy “sick” people!:rolleyes:

Gee, I had no idea that one could tell if another person has stomach cancer (for example) or not.... just by viewing them on the sidewalk outside a MM shop............

Last edited:

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    If you want to smoke the stuff, make sure nothing in that regard ever goes on paper. Just like when you fill out the Form 4473, "11.e. Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug or any other controlled substance? WARNING: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside." If you answer this question "yes", then you are barred from purchasing a firearm. If you lie, you commit a felony - if that ever comes to light. So don't help them.

Just as the answer on the 4473 is ALWAYS no, never put anything else regarding marijuana use in writing either. Never create a record, never ever ever get a prescription for it, because that is creating an official record and you just risked losing your right to purchase a gun, perhaps losing the guns you currently own. If you really have to have it for medical reasons, then leave the doctor out of it, take a road trip and drive to Colorado and buy it if you have to. Pay in cash, don't even create a credit card record for a purchase in such a store. Until federal law legalizes marijuana, which probably is years down the road, don't create any records medical or otherwise with your name on it.

I work in the nuclear industry, and we are also governed by federal regulations. We can't have guns or ammo in our vehicle, even though it's in the parking lot, still falls under federal code, different animal. The topic comes up in our training because now that some states have legalized pot, they make a special point to emphasize that we will still face the penalties for a positive pee test even if we bought it in a state that sells it legally or even if we have a prescription for it.

As was stated above, the law is what it is. Many people don't agree with the law when it comes to marijuana. Just be smart.

Last edited:

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Because it’s the law and you could go to prison?

I’m just spitballin’ here.

Is there room in the law for something to be explicitly legal in all 50 states, and illegal on a federal level? I mean, I know that isn't precisely what we're talking about...more of a hypothetical, or a thought exercise based on just one or a few possible outcomes...

...but, just spitballin' here:

Lets pretend all 50 states fully legalized marijuana for personal/recreational/commercial use, BUT the federal position hadn't changed. Would an individual caught up with federal charges have standing to sue? Would the states?

Is the "reasonable person" standard what would be applied here?

Would you care to comment on what you think the outcome of my hypothetical might be? Maybe even on what you think the end result of marijuana law reform will ultimately look like?

This can't be the first time where some state(s) found themselves incongruent with the federal position...how does something like this normally play out?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The civil war came about from states not agreeing with federal government but that was broken into two different groups of states.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The feds have laws. The states have laws. The feds do not have to comply with state laws when it makes its own laws. No exceptions, no lawsuits (the opposite is not true).

The redress is the legislative process. It’s a great plan. Y’know, people elect representatives and laws are made or repealed.

Last edited:

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The feds have laws. The states have laws. The feds do not have to comply with state laws when it makes its own laws. No exceptions, no lawsuits (the opposite is not true).

Thr redress is the legislative process. It’s a great plan. Y’know, people elect representatives and laws are made or repealed.

Okay. Thanks for the reply.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

Thr redress is the legislative process. It’s a great plan. Y’know, people elect representatives and laws are made or repealed.
    If only they actually listened to the people that elected them

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis

They do listen. The problem is they think the people who pay the campaign bills are the ones who elect them and don’t care about the people who vote. Cut a large check to the candidates favorite political action committee with a wink wink about what you support if you want them to represent you.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

They do. I keep hearing surveys about legalizing MJ being popular, yet federally and in many states, it's apparently not an important enough issue to toss one guy out and elect another. In other words, people believe that other things are more important and the they may not like their guy's anti-MJ stance, but there's something else he's for that is more important them. When it is important enough, the laws will change.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    They do. I keep hearing surveys about legalizing MJ being popular, yet federally and in many states, it's apparently not an important enough issue to toss one guy out and elect another. In other words, people believe that other things are more important and the they may not like their guy's anti-MJ stance, but there's something else he's for that is more important them. When it is important enough, the laws will change.

How dare you attack my rationalization of my unwillingness to actually do anything other than whine with your, your facts and logics. Have you no shame?

Top Bottom