• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I disagree about Megyn being a "liberal," more like a moderate right-of-center, but she definitely didn't like Trump for one reason or another.
    TBH, I'm not really a huge fan of Trump, but it was still a very easy call to vote for him, and it was very satisfying seeing the Seahag get sent packing in November.

It's possible to be critical and dislike Trump, while also knowing he's probably the better option of the two.

Similar to how you describe Shapiro. I don't like Trump, I didn't want him as the candidate, I believe he conned his way into the White House... but I'm hoping he surrounds himself with the kinds of people that will do right for the next four years. And I'm certainly glad that Hillary lost.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    It's possible to be critical and dislike Trump, while also knowing he's probably the better option of the two.

Similar to how you describe Shapiro. I don't like Trump, I didn't want him as the candidate, I believe he conned his way into the White House... but I'm hoping he surrounds himself with the kinds of people that will do right for the next four years. And I'm certainly glad that Hillary lost.

Exactly
    It's such a shame that too many people take simple disagreement personally, even when it's for substantive reasons.
    However, the never-Trumpers have by now transcended disagreement into something quite a lot like Captain Ahab's obsessive animus with a certain cetacean.

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    Fox would do well to keep Hannity at his 10:00pm slot and find someone who is of the same mold as O'reilly and even Tucker Carlson. Hannity is so closed minded and hardcore right, he is the Rachel Maddow of Fox. I agree with most of his points but he covers the same crap that has been said all day long and has the same guests on just bashing the left.

The reason O'reilly is so successful is that he leans right because of his morals and based on common sense. He knows though that there are some crappy conservatives and he will challenge them just as hard as he does the democrats. Tucker Carlson has been a nice surprise at 7:00pm. He is very smart and quick witted.

I have never been a huge fan of Megan Kelly. From listening to her bio, she sounds like a run of the mill lawyer who was able to get a side gig at a local TV station based on her looks. She didn't like practicing law and was able to switch into the television world at Fox. Once she got a little bit of fame she left her first husband and married some powerful New York businessman turned writer. From watching her interviews with Howard Stern she knows how to talk to guys...she is kinda a guys girl and I say used that to get ahead at Fox. I don't think she is that great of a journalist, I think she reports based on emotion and her own agenda. She is just a pretty face with a smart mouth.

My pick would be Shannon Breem. She is very intelligent as well as cute. She is the Supreme Court reporter and I have heard multiple people say she is one of their smarter reporters when it comes to Judicial Law.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I disagree about Megyn being a "liberal," more like a moderate right-of-center, but she definitely didn't like Trump for one reason or another.
    TBH, I'm not really a huge fan of Trump, but it was still a very easy call to vote for him, and it was very satisfying seeing the Seahag get sent packing in November.
    There are some other conservatives out there I have long read and respected to some extent who are implacably never-Trumpers, namely George Will, Jonah Goldberg, Glen Beck, Bill Kristol, and Eric Erickson.
    Sadly, the never-Trumpers have become captive to their condemnation of Trump such that their misplaced sense of pride prevents them from admitting that they could possibly have been wrong on even a single policy issue with Trump, and it has caused their ordinarily rational minds to come unmoored.
    There's also Ben Shapiro, a brilliant guy and debate ninja, who doesn't like Trump and is still critical of him, but he is at least willing to give Trump a chance and sincerely hopes that he will do a great job for America.

Exactly
    It's such a shame that too many people take simple disagreement personally, even when it's for substantive reasons.
    However, the never-Trumpers have by now transcended disagreement into something quite a lot like Captain Ahab's obsessive animus with a certain cetacean.

How many never-trumpers are there? Really? Now, there are mostly just people critical of Trump. Never-trumpers are the nutbag leftists protesting. I don't see being critical of the person with the most powerful position in the world as a bad thing. Every day I hope the Trumpers will discover this, and be capable of admitting when Trump does wrong things. I just don't see it happening. But we'll see.

I'm pretty much in the same mindset as GPIA. I think Trump conned his way into office by playing on the animus people have develop after 8 years of being ridiculed. I think he will follow through with many of the campaign promises, and in many cases that will be a good thing. I think after the end of his term, America will be better off than it would have been with Hillary. I voted for him and I do hope he does well. But I also think he doesn't give a rats ass about smaller government. And I think he doesn't give a rats ass about debt. And those are some pretty big priorities for me.

So...Laura then? Honestly I think she's the best shot for replacement. Not that I care about "news celebrities", but my objective guess would be Laura.

I think Laura makes the most sense.

Oh gosh I hope not. I'd rather not have yet another Trump sycophant taking up space on Fox. I kinda hope they find someone new. Hell, the new person doesn't even have to be blonde. Just be honest, seek the truth, and be a good journalist.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think KG would be willing to do what it takes to get the show...
    Plus, you might not know that she is a former prosecutor...

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Hey, I thought Wolf was pretty cool when he was on top of the hotel in Baghdad and the US was pounding the heck out of the city. Since then....nah. He's pretty despicable.

Greta is hard to watch since she had her eyes done (shows ya how long ago I stopped watching her).

Top Bottom