• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    I am not a fan of the shooting range but I will buy my reloading components at Atterbury. I will usually go to Crosley or Hillside because I have seen the disrespect of the RO to the shooters and Ilike to shoot my rifles more than 100 yards. I get that its a safty issue and violations need to be addressed. I have no problem with this. I do have a problem when an RO loudly berates a customer for minor and first time offenses. These things need to be addressed, but yelling doesn't do it. If I'm wrong, fine. Call me out on it. As the above post said, don't damage my property to prove the "you're the MAN". I know a lot of people like Atterbury. It is a fine facility. I wish them the best of luck now and in the future, but I won't be a customer of the shooting range.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    When the RO got to my bench, he turns around and literally yells at me to come over.

After yelling about me leaving my mag in the gun, he takes my gun (which i gave him no permission to do) drops the mag on the bench and then from about a 6 inches in the air drops my gun on the bench. Then takes my other two guns, looks to see if the mags are out, and drops them on the bench too.

Not saying that you're exaggerating, but in all the many, many times I've been there, I have never seen an RSO (Buzz, Frank, Phil, Amanda, or anyone else) behave in any manner vaguely approaching what you allege.

I don't guess he pulled your ears and kicked your shins, too, did he? :rolleyes:

TheFireArmorer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Bloomington
    Not saying that you're exaggerating, but in all the many, many times I've been there, I have never seen an RSO (Buzz, Frank, Phil, Amanda, or anyone else) behave in any manner vaguely approaching what you allege.

I don't guess he pulled your ears and kicked your shins, too, did he? :rolleyes:

Sounds like your pretty good friends with the staff there, seeing how you know all their names.

But, truth is i've had a few friends complain about the rudeness of some of the RO's. Fact is i'm 23 and dress in t-shirts and jeans, and some times (a lot of times) get treated pretty ****** by these types of " u little know-nothing punk" old timers.

I knew if i posted anything negative I was gonna get some Atterbury fan boy's panties in a bunch. Wish he would've pulled my ears and kicked my shins, instead of scratching my gun and acting like a prick.

I only shared my experience so that the OP would get feedback from both sides in the hope that they might realize they need to treat people with respect, unless the person deserves not to be (putting lives in danger by being reckless or being rude and causing trouble). When businesses want to thrive they like feedback, whether good or bad in order to improve and keep customers happy!

TheFireArmorer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Bloomington

What is your point? Are you just trying to start an argument. I haven't come across anyone on here yet that wants to just stick his head out and be obnoxious, and then I find you. But, it's all good man. You win... I was in the wrong. I deserved to have my gun scratched, and everybody else that has had problems with ROs at Atterbury are wrong too. And here is a :rolleyes: for you.

And before anyone calls b/s on me and says i'm lying, and i'm trying to start trouble, and i don't know what i'm talking about, etc. etc. etc. I ask you this: In all of my other posts i've been polite, helpful, and considerate, so why then would I just start making stuff up to start trouble? I stated that I like the facility and had enjoyed myself every other time, I never had anything against atterbury until that point.

And to clarify, because some (not gonna mention who lol) seem to have misunderstood me... I realized I had violated a safety issue. That still does not warrant the treatment I received.

And remember: You may have never experienced poor customer service at McDonald's, but would you have the audacity to believe that no one ever has. If so, you might want to open your eyes to the world.

Last edited:

indianajoe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Fishers
    Oh, there's plenty of fellows here who want to stick their heads out and be obnoxious. Kagnew's not one.

Sorry you had a bad experience. Atterbury is top-line.

68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    Love the range and having a place to shoot my rifles, but after the last time i went I'm not sure if I'll be back.

I generally shoot at my home but really only have about 75 yards of shooting area, so it's kinda small for high powered rifles. My buddy wanted me to shoot out at Atterbury with him, which he payed for. I'd been a total of 10 times and had fun every time except the last.

I brought a couple of my handguns with me just because i prefer pistol shooting over rifle generally. We had been shooting for about an hour already, when I finished up my last mag and rested my px4 storm on the bench for cease fire. I then stepped behind the yellow line and waited. When the RO got to my bench, he turns around and literally yells at me to come over. When i got there I realized my mistake. I had left an empty mag in my gun (with slide locked back mind you) but still a mistake for which i was wrong.

But what he did next is why i may never go back. After yelling about me leaving my mag in the gun, he takes my gun (which i gave him no permission to do) drops the mag on the bench and then from about a 6 inches in the air drops my gun on the bench. Then takes my other two guns, looks to see if the mags are out, and drops them on the bench too. WTF?

I'm not usually a confrontational guy, but that was enough for me to get pretty mouthy. I had realized my mistake and apologized, realizing it was a big safety issue. But I had bought each of those $500-$700 guns with my own hard earned money. You don't treat someone's possessions like that, ever! I still have the nice little scratch on my px4's slide where it hit my s&w 642 to remind of that every time i look at it.

I don't know if he was having a bad day or just naturally a jerk, but that was completely uncalled for!

So needless to say, i've been weary of returning. Which is a shame because it is a nice facility.

Thats total BS. Some dude puts his hands on your guns without the ok and then treats them with no respect. SOunds like the ROs didn't make the cut as mall cops.

chickenman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 4, 2009
    Monroe County
    The only thing I have a problem with Atterbury, is there targets. The last time I was there. The target they sold me was defected ones. I mean I could only hit the little orange thing in the middle.

No seriously. Top notch place. We have to have rules in place. I am sorry, I dont like getting shot at while changing targets. lol. As far as all the Story I have read on here about being yelled at. Well if your being a bone head, then you need to be corrected for that. Folks it not that hard to follow the rules. I understand if you forget or you are a newby to the range. Hell we all have been there before. Just take a deep breath, listen to the RO's and pay attention. There maybe a quiz on this later. I may self have been going for about three years now. The last time I went. I brought a pistol with me. i will admit I was alittle nervous and I leave me mag in the new pistol. No biggey. The RO yell at me to come over take it out. I went over and I removed the magazine. Did i feel like a Dumb ass. Yes I did! But I move on. sorry just my two cents:twocents:

Phil, keep up with the good work. Look forward to coming over a trying the skeet range next.

:popcorn:

Top Bottom