• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I love the 2 main complaints people have at any big gun store.

#1- I was in there for 30 minutes and nobody asked if I needed help. I'm leaving!

#2- I walked in and the employees attacked me like a bunch of used car salesmen. Just leave me alone. I'll get you when I'm ready. Jeez!

:laugh:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I love the 2 main complaints people have at any big gun store.

#1- I was in there for 30 minutes and nobody asked if I needed help. I'm leaving!

#2- I walked in and the employees attacked me like a bunch of used car salesmen. Just leave me alone. I'll get you when I'm ready. Jeez!

:laugh:

Are you trying to say that can't even please some of the people some of the time? LOL

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    So Point Blank had one out for MSRP?
    Was that the only one? I’ve been looking to pick one up.

Point Blank in Greenwood had one on the wall for 2799.00 today. I don't think these are going to scare companies like PTR and MKE lol at that price. I bet they were a little nervous when HK announced it but relaxed once they saw they were 1K higher than they were.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Ok more than Happy to join in on this one. My experience ....poor customer service, high prices, they had at least one arrogant A hole working there the one day i made a purchase there that i continue to regret.

One store I will here it goes I am going to use the N word here because I can say with out certainty NEVER step foot in their store again.

Been over 5 years and I have not been Back.

I took the long drive up there once. If it wasn't on sale the prices seemed a little high. I felt compelled to buy something because of the long drive. Honestly I haven't been back there since.

The salesman I dealt with was alright. Because I was buying more than one he knocked some money off that made the purchases "okay". I was paying with cash and used that for leverage as well.

One of my purchases I regretted. I can't blame them. They are there to sell guns. I was there to buy guns. I have a hard time holding the seller responsible because the buyer didn't do their homework. The only time I do is when a gun store directs women to ultra-light DAO .357 revolvers or if the seller knows the POS is a lemon and they are selling their problems to somebody else.

Gunsmiff12B

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 13, 2016
    South bend
    I live fairly close to that place and would rather go somewhere else due to prices and the “used car salesman” bothering me, I usually go there to see a gun before I buy it then go somewhere else and buy it for a better price. Always get a laugh when I go into the used gun section and see the used ones priced higher than the new ones. After they got rid of the blue line discount there, I either have to be very desperate or really want what their selling. But that’s just how I feel about them.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I live fairly close to that place and would rather go somewhere else due to prices and the “used car salesman” bothering me, I usually go there to see a gun before I buy it then go somewhere else and buy it for a better price. Always get a laugh when I go into the used gun section and see the used ones priced higher than the new ones. After they got rid of the blue line discount there, I either have to be very desperate or really want what their selling. But that’s just how I feel about them.

I haven't seen them there for several years but they used to have a lot of tables at the 1500 and were one of the go to dealers there like ZX, they always had good prices at the 1500, never been to their actual store.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    There are places people like and places they don't. There is a store that so many love, that I can't stand. I would never blast a gun retailer on a public forum for opinion type things like such as if their prices are high, how they deal with CC charges, or even my perception of how they treated me, if they cheated me, that would be different. Everyone has a different value system, some are willing to pay more at a store that has a broad depth of inventory, products in stock, or just close to their home, etc. Some stores excell in serving PLU's (people like us), and do not make others, not in their clique feel welcome. (Been in a couple of those stores.).

The point is there are some legit reasons to criticize some gun retailers but opinion is not something 2A supporters should be bashing any gun retailers over.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    There are places people like and places they don't. There is a store that so many love, that I can't stand. I would never blast a gun retailer on a public forum for opinion type things like such as if their prices are high, how they deal with CC charges, or even my perception of how they treated me, if they cheated me, that would be different. Everyone has a different value system, some are willing to pay more at a store that has a broad depth of inventory, products in stock, or just close to their home, etc. Some stores excell in serving PLU's (people like us), and do not make others, not in their clique feel welcome. (Been in a couple of those stores.).

The point is there are some legit reasons to criticize some gun retailers but opinion is not something 2A supporters should be bashing any gun retailers over.
    Well, that’s like your opinion man!:D

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

It's that "history museum" guised as gun store way down at the southern end of the state, isn't it? :):

Dimik

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2018
    Mishawaka
    Guess I'm late to the party, but I agree with OP about the prices. Some stuff they sell is just absurdly overpriced. However, their sales are basically what you find online or even cheaper. Plus the guys working there are really nice. I've always had a great experience there.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I got an e-mail today from Big Daddy Unlimited that I occasionally buy from and they had the HK SP5's for 2183.00, so there are deals out there instead of paying msrp+++.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I refuse to even go into MGE anymore. Rude, unknowledgeable sales staff, and the prices on used guns is insane. There are way better options in the area. I'm a big fan of Top Shot Armory.

MGE has the inventory, but they don't have anything else that would make me spend my money there. As others have stated, I used to "window shop" there, and then buy somewhere online. I just steer clear from there now. I've seen sales staff tell downright lies to customers about firearms. I've seen them talk people out of buying a certain gun and try to sell them something more expensive that they didn't really want. I don't want any part of that.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I refuse to even go into MGE anymore. Rude, unknowledgeable sales staff, and the prices on used guns is insane. There are way better options in the area. I'm a big fan of Top Shot Armory.

Top Shot is a good place. I've bought from them before. Great people too. Just not the selection.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Top Shot is a good place. I've bought from them before. Great people too. Just not the selection.

But they're getting bigger. Their store has grown quite a lot since they've opened. I think they could be a serious competitor of Midwest if they get a little bigger.

I do a lot of transfers through them. They used to do them free for first responders, but I would always buy something when I went to pick it up. I really want to see them succeed.

hkguy1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Okay so really just a vent post here I guess. I am all about supply and demand but this place is over the top, $400 over MSRP and on top of that the 3% CC fee. I can't stand 3% charges for using a credit card in a store. I get that on Gunbroker some sellers do that and I disagree with that too but at least it is clearly noted on the auction. It's not even the $400 over I get that since they are selling like hot cakes but man you think you could at least not slam with with 3% on top. lol.

Good luck with your sales mate...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    But they're getting bigger. Their store has grown quite a lot since they've opened. I think they could be a serious competitor of Midwest if they get a little bigger.

I do a lot of transfers through them. They used to do them free for first responders, but I would always buy something when I went to pick it up. I really want to see them succeed.

If you really care about Top Shot, why not just buy from them? (Assuming transfers are internet purchases not used sales.)

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    If you really care about Top Shot, why not just buy from them? (Assuming transfers are internet purchases not used sales.)

I buy from them if they have something I want. Their selection just really isn't that great. I always keep an eye on their used inventory, and I do occasionally buy guns there. Their prices are pretty reasonable, and they're willing to haggle.

Top Bottom