• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    The viewers saw in Rupert the qualities of a real winner. Compassion, Honesty and Integrity.

:laugh: Because his very first act as a participant on Survivor was to steal the personal possessions of the members of the opposing team.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    If you really want John Gregg, just call an Illinois motel.

What does John Gregg have to do with the Democrat House walkout of 2010? He had no role in State government at the time. Probably the reason the Democrat Party drafted him for Governor - and perhaps the reason he's just clowning around during this campaign.

Lyudmilla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Gregg's running mate, Vi Simpson, is a virulently anti-gun Democrat party hack from the Bloomington area. That alone should disqualify him from consideration by anyone saying they are a gun rights supporter.

John Gregg's running mate Vi Simpson is the Chuck Shumer of Indiana politics. She is an unabashed gun control zealot. Just look at her record.

Gregg's choice of her was a sop to the hard leftist Bloomington wing of the Democratic party and the hard lefties see Gregg's likely loss as a stepping stone for a later run for Governor by her in 2016.

Vi wants to be Governor more than John Gregg and she sees this run as an opportunity to get her name ID up around the state. When she speaks at events, she talks about herself more than Gregg.

Trust me, you have not seen the last of Vi Simpson.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    the hard lefties see Gregg's likely loss as a stepping stone for a later run for Governor by her in 2016.

Trust me, you have not seen the last of Vi Simpson.
    OH! Could we be so lucky? I mean, the Bloomington Democrats are such a minority in this state, even adding in the inner city Leftists from Indy, FW, SB, E'ville, etc. all around the state. There's no possibly way they could make a credible run for the big chair.

Incumbent Pence vs. challenger Simpson in 2016 would be essentially a bye run for Pence. Simpson will have to ask Carter for advice on how to live down such a landslide loss.

The Stig

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Eastern Greene
    I am voting for Mike Pence and proudly so. I have spoken with him one on one and really like the man.

John Gregg? No. See all of the other previous Vi Simpson comments.

Rupert? Nope. I am sure he would be interesting to talk to, but this obviously piggy-backing off of Survivor fame. No gimmicks for me, thanks.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I suspect unless Mike Pence is found standing over the body of a prostitute with a bloody knife in his hand, he will have no trouble being elected governor next month. I think John Gregg and his team realize they are longshots in this election and the Party has decided to run as inexpensive a campaign as possible so they can concentrate their money on getting Joe Donnelly elected Senator, an arguably easier task.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Gregg's running mate, Vi Simpson, is a virulently anti-gun Democrat party hack from the Bloomington area. That alone should disqualify him from consideration by anyone saying they are a gun rights supporter.

I was once in Vi Simpon's presence when she said, "This is why I hate big business." The big business she was complaining about gave her a grant to fund her not-for-profit education company, and if I remember correctly, she was *****ing about how complicated the accounting was.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I was once in Vi Simpon's presence when she said, "This is why I hate big business." The big business she was complaining about gave her a grant to fund her not-for-profit education company, and if I remember correctly, she was *****ing about how complicated the accounting was.

The irony is that it's probably not "big business" but "big government" regulations that require such complex practices.

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I think this thread which I started has brought up so many valid points. To be honest, I have just made my decision: Mike Pence. I like John Gregg as a person, but I don't think he's been clear on his stance on many issues. I know that he is in favor of gun rights, but Vi Simpson is certainly not. I'm sure that Rupert is also a great human being, but he does not seem to have any real leadership experience. I am a libertarian (small 'L'), but that does not equate to me always giving my support to a Libertarian Party candidate.

I don't necessarily trust Mike Pence, but he seems like the the best option at this time.

Archaic_Entity

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Yes, they picked Mark Stoops because Vi wasn't crazy enough, or anti-gun enough or avaricious enough for them.

Well, according to that article, she was due up for election this term so we can vote Stoops out in November. Unfortunately, I know next to nothing about Reid Dallas and his website says nothing.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    We haven't heard a whole lot about the race for Indiana Governor. I am not voting for Rupert! Both Pence and Gregg have excellent ratings from the NRA. Who is your choice and why

Pence is rated an A by the NRA. Pence's LT GOV is rated a B.
    Greg is rated an A by the NRA. Greg's LT GOV is rated an F :xmad:

Furthermore, for Attny General, Pence has endorsed a B rated candidate. Greg's endorsement is NOT RATED :xmad:

Judge the man's character by the company he keeps.

Top Bottom