• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    Today I went to Wal-Mart to look at their Remington 870’s. The young guy behind the counter tried to tell me that the Remington 870 Express Combo came with two barrels, because one barrel is for 12g shells and the other is for 20g shells. Nice deal, huh. I can shoot two types of shells for the price of one shotgun. At least he didn’t pretend to have an abundance of knowledge about shotguns, but come on. Give the cabinet key to someone that knows something. What is the stupidest/worse piece of misinformation you have ever heard at the Wally World gun counter?

BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    Today I went to Wal-Mart to look at their Remington 870’s. The young guy behind the counter tried to tell me that the Remington 870 Express Combo came with two barrels, because one barrel is for 12g shells and the other is for 20g shells. Nice deal, huh. I can shoot two types of shells for the price of one shotgun. At least he didn’t pretend to have an abundance of knowledge about shotguns, but come on. Give the cabinet key to someone that knows something. What is the stupidest/worse piece of misinformation you have ever heard at the Wally World gun counter?

Me: Excuse me, do you mind me checking out that 870?
    Clerk: Which one is that?
    Me: *chuckles and points*
    Clerk: Here you go *sweeping barrel across counter*
    Me: WHOA! WTF is your deal?
    Clerk: What do you mean? You asked to see it
    Me: I would like to see your manager now please
    Clerk: Okay, just a minute
    Manager: Can I help you?
    Me: Yes you can by getting someone who is actually qualified or knowledgeable enough to handle these weapons properly
    Manager: What was the issue?
    Me: *explained above scenario*
    Manager: What did he do wrong?

:ugh:

Me: Are you serious? What is your corporate's phone number?
    Manager: Is that really necessary?
    Me: Absolutely

Contacted corporate and gave them the situation and informed them," That particular location will never see another red cent from me because of the employees at the gun counters lack of training and knowledge, also for the managers lack of knowledge on the matter."

This was maybe 6 years back or more in Columbus, IN....

Still have yet to this day set foot in that store and planning on keeping my word.

Sorry to go off topic but you reminded me of this scenario and thought I would share......
    NO THREAD JACK INTENDED!!

badmac183

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 25, 2011
    hamlet, IN
    Me: Yes you can by getting someone who is actually qualified or knowledgeable enough to handle these weapons properly

Contacted corporate and gave them the situation and informed them," That particular location will never see another red cent from me because of the employees at the gun counters lack of training and knowledge, also for the managers lack of knowledge on the matter."

Still have yet to this day set foot in that store and planning on keeping my word.

Sorry to go off topic but you reminded me of this scenario and thought I would share......

What did he do wrong?

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Ya, I understand but that wouldn't stop me from buying the gun I wouldn't think anything of it. It wasn't like he meant anything by it.

It would keep you from buying it if he shot you with it.

Gee, I didn't mean to shoot him... I was just tryin' to show it to him... :(
    :rolleyes:

badmac183

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 25, 2011
    hamlet, IN
    Gee, I didn't mean to shoot him... I was just tryin' to show it to him... :( :rolleyes:

It's walmart the gun was unloaded and I'm sure the guys hand was no where near the trigger.

Just wondering have any of you ever been to a gun show? You get guns pointed at you all the time it's no big deal.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I need to get up to Wally World and pick me up one of the combo guns. I wonder if they would let me put a 16 and 28 barrel on that baby as well?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It's walmart the gun was unloaded and I'm sure the guys hand was no where near the trigger.

Just wondering have any of you ever been to a gun show? You get guns pointed at you all the time it's no big deal.

Just trying to get them stirred up, aintcha?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Yep. I've gotten bad information at Lowes, Home Depot, Tractor Supply, various car parts stores too--basically, I've come to expect a less than 50/50 chance of interacting with any employee at one of the big chain stores that really know what they're talking about.

Hanu

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2011

One of the first things my dad taught me about firearms is to treat every one as if it were loaded, and this included not pointing it at anything you didn't want to shoot. This would have been a good opportunity to educate someone regarding how to safely handle a weapon. This can't be accomplished unless you're willing to not be condescending or display you sense of superiority when addressing the individual. Chuckling and pointing when he asked "which one" pretty much set the tone for your interaction.

I agree that someone selling a weapon should at least know something about them. That's why I go to a gun store to buy guns and WalMart to buy cat litter and paper towels.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

You assume that every firearm is loaded. That's the best rule of thumb. And I don't care if it's Wal-Mart or not. If you haven't cleared it, then it's loaded.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    You assume that every firearm is loaded. That's the best rule of thumb. And I don't care if it's Wal-Mart or not. If you haven't cleared it, then it's loaded.

Yep, especially when you have people handling that gun that have already demonstrated a total ignorance about the gun. He could have been demonstrating how those 12 or 20 g shells fit in there right before you walked up. And given that there have been several ND at gun shows, I wouldn't hold them up as a model.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

Looks like we have a great deal of educating to do even in this forum.....:(

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN

Its Walmart, what do you expect a $7/hr expert? If you want knowledgeable sales people go to a gun shop. Yeah you may pay more but the salesman knows about guns and gun safety.

Top Bottom