• Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I don't do the book of faces.
    Can someone provide a link, hopefully not a Facebook link, that will allow me to share this with others who also don't do Facebook?

Thank you.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I'm in for at least $50 on the 24th.
    This is an OUTSTANDING idea.
    I am a Benefactor Life member, but routinely make contributions.

Please don't forget about the legislative arms of the N.R.A.
    The NRA-ILA (Institute for Legislative Action), and the NRA-PVF (Political Victory Fund) also need your donations.

The NRA concentrates on gun safety. This has been their charter from the outset.
    The NRA-ILA concentrates on promoting pro-2nd amendment policies in Congress.
    The NRA-PVF concentrates on electing, or re-electing candidates that actually back a pro-2nd agenda.

All three arms are critical to support.
    We need every voice we can get on our side.
    I was wondering about this the other day. If I just donate to the NRA, they don't divvy it up as needed?

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I was wondering about this the other day. If I just donate to the NRA, they don't divvy it up as needed?

It's possible they do.
    I really have no idea how the distribution of funds work.
    They may or may not be exclusive of one another.

One thing I do know is, they are all essential to our cause.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Money helps with political causes, but what's important and the real strength of the organization is to get out the vote. In the pay to play arena that is dc the NRA is probably pretty small potatoes compared to foreign business, the trial lawyers , and big pharma. Remember the elections, and get out and vote.

gobuyastick

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2015
    Fishers
    There are much better organizations you should be supporting than the NRA, who has not only supported banning bump stocks (which could lead to the banning of aftermarket triggers) but also supported the Hughes amendment. The NRA only cares about lining their pockets with the money of baby boomers.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    There are much better organizations you should be supporting than the NRA, who has not only supported banning bump stocks (which could lead to the banning of aftermarket triggers) but also supported the Hughes amendment. The NRA only cares about lining their pockets with the money of baby boomers.
    Pasting the same post in every NRA thread doesn't make you any more persuasive.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Put me down for $20 on the 24th. This week I signed up four new members to the NRA. Hope to get a few more, over the next couple of days.

I am one of the four members SnoopLoggyDog got signed up. I was in the NRA before, but became kind of a lost sheep if you will when my membership expired a few years ago. He brought me back into the herd. He and I work in the same building at work. Thanks NLD.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw

I know the NRA pours a lot of money right back into local programs, such as 4H Shooting Sports. They are the best organized Pro-Second Amendment organization out there.

As said above, there are threads already started to discuss the pros and cons of the NRA itself.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was just quoting another INGOer. Prior to complaining, I will want to verify facts. But, umm, that ain't cool if it's true.

Interest bearing account making money on that money to keep or pass along to NRA.
    Who do we lite up about this. I have an investment there.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    What...they are sitting on the money.....oh hell no..........:xmad:

That money is already in an account held by the NRA. They only spend the interest gained by the deposited money. Midway USA constantly deposits all of it into that account along with other companies doing the same.

Top Bottom