• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    I believe those pushing things by open carrying rifles while active shootings are popping up every other week in the news is making them nervous. Most don't have a problem with concealed carry, they have a problem with someone carrying a Rifle in a low carry sling with a load bearing vest full of extra magazines. There were a few kids that escaped from their parents basements who decided it was a good way to prove a point and push their rights because it was legal. Here is a picture of a couple guys shopping at a Target. Of course they are open carrying the rifle with a 30 round magazine. Rather than just say open carrying rifles, they just did a blanket open carry rule for the store.

https://www.motherjones.com/wp-content/uploads/target-2-630.jpg

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I will say that carrying an AR or semi auto AK to the store is pushing the envelope. Those kids were probably sent by Soros/Bloomberg groups.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I will say that carrying an AR or semi auto AK to the store is pushing the envelope. Those kids were probably sent by Soros/Bloomberg groups.
    These days its WAY PAST the envelope and could easily end badly for those dumb**ses who choose it. Conspiracy? There are plenty of idiot gun owners, no need to import any.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    You boycotters are about to be perpetually hungry and sick. Ya'll better learn how to grow a victory garden and culture penicillin or swallow your pride and CC.

Or maybe the anti-gun companies will learn that their former customers were pro 2A?

Maybe the anti-gun companies will see their competition's sales increase as their's declines?

They may, after the boycotters are about 50lbs lighter.

I'm sure I must be mistaken, but it sounds as if you are mocking gun owners who refuse to support self-proclaimed anti-gun companies?

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    I can not see any scenario where a store employee is going to or will be able to detain or attempt to search me. That would get very serious very fast. For all involved.
    This might be the direction we are heading but this is a very dangerous direction.

i believe even the police must have a lawful reason to search your person. A private firm like CVS etc searching someone outside of lawful reasons. Uh oh. This is red threat zone heading to black.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I can not see any scenario where a store employee is going to or will be able to detain or attempt to search me. That would get very serious very fast. For all involved.
    This might be the direction we are heading but this is a very dangerous direction.

Agreed. They don't even confront shoplifters in our area Walgreen's due to the risk of injury (per employee). Not. At. All.

They have sensors in the aisles w/ high value + easy theft items that trigger automated messages such as "Assistance needed in the liquor aisle"... basically "wake up and look in direction x in the hope of being a decent witness". I can't imagine anyone will be approaching confronting anyone who is obviously armed.

Agreed w/ others upthread... avoid the conflict. I've always CC'ed except on the rarest of occasions anyway.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Well...poopy...in my town the only 3 pharmacy's are CVS, Kroger and WalMart. I guess I won't be speedo carrying my SBR .50 BMG in a kydex Tiger print holster............so disappointed.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Hmm.

For those who must use CVS because of your insurance or other limitations, how about using the drive-through only and wear a huge revolver in a chest rig every time.

I like the way you think. In fact, I might have to try this but I might ramp it up to an AR pistol instead. No touching, just have it in plain sight.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

https://13wham.com/news/local/wegmans-to-customers-we-prefer-customers-do-not-open-carry-firearms

...A major push came Tuesday when Shannon Watts, founder of the gun control group Moms Demand Action, called out Wegmans on Twitter and asked when it would institute a policy prohibiting open carry inside its stores...

:soapbox:

:twocents: - The anti's are winning... :xmad:

Mom's Demand Action will be back to these outfits for more. Emboldened by entertainers like Sheryl Crow and other Hollywood cool kids, this victory for them will spike more public social media pressure to go farther to the next steps.

Especially if we continue to support these anti-gun actions with our dollars.

Last edited:

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    The difficulty is trying to boycott everyone at one time. Its like a shotgun effect with no real damage. What needs to happen is organized boycotting. I said it years ago that when there is talk of boycotting we need to collectively, as a group, decide which place to boycott and for how long. Then, after 2 months or so, move on to the next place. There is a greater impact that will be realized by doing "focused" boycotts for specific time frames. The NRA, GOA or similar would be a great place to organize such a focus.

Ingo and other gun forums could actually help by being the voice for those such focused boycotts.

A focused boycott versus a scattered boycott will have greater results and a greater impact. CVS for 3 months, Walmart for 3 months, Target......you get the picture. It would be like "waves" of financial disaster.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The difficulty is trying to boycott everyone at one time. Its like a shotgun effect with no real damage. What needs to happen is organized boycotting. I said it years ago that when there is talk of boycotting we need to collectively, as a group, decide which place to boycott and for how long. Then, after 2 months or so, move on to the next place. There is a greater impact that will be realized by doing "focused" boycotts for specific time frames. The NRA, GOA or similar would be a great place to organize such a focus.

Ingo and other gun forums could actually help by being the voice for those such focused boycotts.

A focused boycott versus a scattered boycott will have greater results and a greater impact. CVS for 3 months, Walmart for 3 months, Target......you get the picture. It would be like "waves" of financial disaster.

Now this makes sense

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I posted this in the myopic gun owners thread.
    Step one, We respectfully ask that you do not Openly Carry in our store.

Step two, We respectfully ask that you do not carry in our store.

Step three, Placement of signs that do not have force of law in Indiana.

Step four, Either placement of signs like Demanding Mommies designed for the NRAAM (which met the threshold) or pressure on the State gets so high that they enact an IC that listed on a slash gun sign has force of law.

I am certain that demanding mommies will push owners to post their signs soon, if not already.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Now this makes sense

Agreed. Someone here surely has enough social media presence to kick things off. Someone pick a target, which may as well be Target, spread the word, and I'll be happy to do my part.

Let's give someone a 30% worse quarter in their sector while no one else suffers. That would send a message. Especially since this quarter includes Christmas shopping...

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    Perhaps during the focused boycott we could get next door stores or neighbors to allow an OC bbq much like cooking in front of a vegans house kind of thing. Oh, and to show them there’s no danger in oc.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I like the way you think. In fact, I might have to try this but I might ramp it up to an AR pistol instead. No touching, just have it in plain sight.

I would be amused if a lot of people did it. At the same pharmacy. By sheer coincidence.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Everyone will certainly do as they choose personally. I certainly do not expect all gun owners to have the same dedication as myself and go out of their way to not fund these anti-gun companies.

It would be nice if those gun owners who couldn't or wouldn't choose to boycott the anti-gun businesses didn't feel the need to justify their actions by "confessing."

Not every little thing needs to be said online. If your contributions influence others to be less than dedicated, how good is that for all of us?

We see the results of what the online negativity about the NRA has done to our only effective 2A lobbying organization. How long are we gonna keep eating our own?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    It is human nature to eat our own and shoot our wounded.

Telling people to be quiet on the internet, REALLY?

Top Bottom