• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    The range looks great. Does anyone know if SCCC will be accepting applications for new members soon? I would love to get involved and get into IDPA, but I have nowhere to practice. Every time I have looked at the website it has stated that new member applications are not being accepted.

With all the work being done this year, we have not had the time to get our new member orientation sorted out.

We also have a new membership app that is just about ready.

We will be doing a better job of vetting members this time. Not everyone that applies will make the final cut. New members will have to bring something to the table that is beneficial to the club.

The days of letting in anyone that is warm and can sign a check is over.

Keep looking on the site. Once we start, it will be posted there.

Cola76

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 4, 2013
    Jeffersonville, IN
    With all the work being done this year, we have not had the time to get our new member orientation sorted out.

We also have a new membership app that is just about ready.

We will be doing a better job of vetting members this time. Not everyone that applies will make the final cut. New members will have to bring something to the table that is beneficial to the club.

The days of letting in anyone that is warm and can sign a check is over.

Keep looking on the site. Once we start, it will be posted there.

Thanks for the information. What sort of things are you looking for in members?

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Thanks for the information. What sort of things are you looking for in members?

Members that are willing to work. No more, maybes, I might be there. There is a good chance that there will be mandatory work requirements.

Does this a member shoot competitively? Is he or she a ICORE, IDPA, USPSA, etc member? Is he or she a Range Officer or Safety Officer? Are they former LE, Fire EMS or Military?

Our problem at Silver Creek is we have too many members that will not work to help the club. We call out to the membership for help, only to have the same people come out every time. It's time for new and old members alike to put some "sweat equity" back into the club.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Why do you prefer USPSA over IDPA? I ask because I am truly interested in some sort of dynamic competition shooting, but I don't have strong feelings about which at this point.

USPSA-High round count stages, shoot the stage your way, with-in the rules and reason.

IDPA-Low round counts, more linear in the stages and dictates more how you shoot it.

Both are a game, one is just has more fun to it than the other.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    USPSA-High round count stages, shoot the stage your way, with-in the rules and reason.

but there is not any rule that somebody won't be really really anal about (should have added a third really and some capitol letters there but I am too kind of spirit and really just a go along and get along person)

-Low round counts, more linear in the stages and dictates more how you shoot it.

Less money in ammo & equipment, typically more relaxed and more casual shooters than hard core shooters, rules do make you insane if you think about them

Both are a game, one is just has more fun to it than the other.[/QUOTE]

Not sure which one you in particular will choose though. I like USPSA, but there is a lot to be said for shooting whichever one is closest, and then there is steels :) .

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Why do you prefer USPSA over IDPA? I ask because I am truly interested in some sort of dynamic competition shooting, but I don't have strong feelings about which at this point.

USPSA has fewer rules and is therefore more fun. High round count, and realizes it is a game. IDPA is a game but does not admit it.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Range work was awesome. You guys are set up for big matches now!!

YES! Range was phenomenal. Those bays are big and deep and the berms huge. They'll be even better next yr when they get vegetation on them. Good work Silver Creek! Very obvious you put a ton of work in since last year, and I was impressed with the facilities last year...

If you were looking for more projects, a gravel road from the chrono to stage 13 making a complete "loop" around the bays would be a nice addition! ;) haha

-rvb

kevinm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Charlestown
    YES! Range was phenomenal. Those bays are big and deep and the berms huge. They'll be even better next yr when they get vegetation on them. Good work Silver Creek! Very obvious you put a ton of work in since last year, and I was impressed with the facilities last year...

If you were looking for more projects, a gravel road from the chrono to stage 13 making a complete "loop" around the bays would be a nice addition! ;) haha

-rvb
    With bridge projects going on now can't get gravel nowhere!!! We have been trying.

Top Bottom