More WW2 Bunker exlporation in Normandy, France.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Sylvain - are you posting in real-time, as you are doing it?

If so, that would be amazing. Its like you're a French explorer-cyborg in a MMORPG controlled by a bunch of Hoosier gun geeks.

"Sylvain is standing behind a house with a map in his hand, a path leads north to the woods."

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    If y'all want a safety guru.... You need shibumiseeker. It's his JOB, and he's a world-renowned expert in it. Seriously. Call shibumi if you need rescuin'.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I can't believe this thread is from 2015 already.
    I haven't done much exploring since then.

I still plan on going back to the site and I've looked at the floor plans of the underground bunker.
    Still no idea how to go down that ladder though. :scratch:

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Started reading this and my suspense level kept rising till I got to your bump of this thread and poof all the steam was gone. Can't wait to see the pics when you get in. Who knows there may be some relics to be seen.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Started reading this and my suspense level kept rising till I got to your bump of this thread and poof all the steam was gone. Can't wait to see the pics when you get in. Who knows there may be some relics to be seen.

Not sure about relics.
    All those bunkers have been visited already and people to everything from the wires to the doors in most case.
    I found a few with their original steel doors and it's pretty rare.

From the one pic I took of the inside (without going in) it looks like the walls still have their original white paint on them.
    It's very difficult to access that bunker, even getting as close as I got took some long walking thru fields, going thru bushes and barbwires etc.

It's different from the ones in cities who are easily accessible, that are covered in grafiti and with broken beer bottles everywhere on the floor.
    You get a different feel when you visit the ones in the middle of nowhere covered by thick vegetation.
    Sometimes you can be the first person to ever get inside in decades.

I made another thread where I was more successul and explored the inside (different bunker). :)

Found it:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ring-visiting-ww2-bunker-normandy-france.html

Last edited:
    Top Bottom