• ...and so much more!
  • bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Those look like snakeheads.
    Several years ago I got a haul of those out of the woods. When I find them the caps are usually more brown than your picture. Good eating either way.

Have you found any gray morel's yet? Those are my favorite.

No greys yet. Going to go out tonight and fill a bag with the snake heads. Just in my rough looking I have found about thirty of them but just left them to grow. Tonight is harvest night...LOL

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Wife has been finding enough to cook every night this week. Figure it's going to end soon.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I got a big handful tonight, started soaking them, then my daughter came over and she and my wife wanted to go out to dinner.
    got back, now the question..... will they be ok to leave in the fridge to have tomorrow night?

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I got a big handful tonight, started soaking them, then my daughter came over and she and my wife wanted to go out to dinner.
    got back, now the question..... will they be ok to leave in the fridge to have tomorrow night?

Clean like normal, cut in half, put on paper towel on a plate. If you have a bunch put paper towel in between the layers, then cover with a paper towel . They'll last for a couple of days in the fridge.
    If they weren't soaking, you could have just put them in the fridge

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    We discovered a new way to find morels yesterday. We just sit back and wait for some trespassers to do all of the work finding them, confront them before they take off and confiscate their stolen booty. Easiest morels yet and super tasty!

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Why don't people train dogs to sniff them out?

I have always thought that if you could train a mutt to sniff drugs, bombs, produce, etc, it should be possible to train one to find morels.

I'd think such a mutt would be worth big $$$.:dunno:

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Why don't people train dogs to sniff them out?

I have always thought that if you could train a mutt to sniff drugs, bombs, produce, etc, it should be possible to train one to find morels.

I'd think such a mutt would be worth big $$$.:dunno:

i used to have a dog that would sniff them out, but then he realized how tasty they are, and would eat them as soon as he found them.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    We discovered a new way to find morels yesterday. We just sit back and wait for some trespassers to do all of the work finding them, confront them before they take off and confiscate their stolen booty. Easiest morels yet and super tasty!

I like this method.

B

billiam00

Found around 1 pound yesterday. So far today we have filled two onion sacks. It’s on in Parke Co.

Top Bottom