• ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    That's where I saw it at, and what's all that mean? It sounds like I should just save my money

You might find that on many of them now. Some of the earlier ones had smaller etchings on the receiver or on the barrel. I just don't like the billboard etchings. That doesn't take away from the gun as far as function, just looks. The seemed to be the regular rearsenaled guns. I pulled one or two but did not look at them that closely. Seems the ones I pulled were Ishevsk and just regular 91/30s. I didn't see any wartime stocks but the ones I pulled were wartime receivers. I don't think I saw any counterboring but cannot be sure. At !00 bucks, that would probably be cheaper than paying 79 + 10 for hand picked, then shipping and transfer costs, plus you could handle and look at it first. If it is your first Mosin, then why not, it probably won't be your last.

philagothon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    On the 7th step
    MC Sports in Bloomington has them at $80. I've bought two in the last month or so. One Izzy Dragoon and a Tula. Izzy is all matching, the Tula has a force matched floor plate. Both are excellent shooters. Still hoping to pick up one more before they sell out. You might also check out Classic Arms, they have some pretty good deals.

Dale The Kid

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Not a bad price in southern Ind. And everyone is right it wont be your last or that they like theM44's will go up in price.

DALE

whitetrash

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    lebanon
    i bought my 2 for bout 125 a piece. number match on 1 and they both shoot just fine. im seting 1 up with scope then monte carlo stock

cumminspwrd02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 23, 2009
    Valparaiso
    You must of just got the Cabella's circular in the paper today. At that price I would imagine that they will be "fair" grade or worse.

I bought my first 91/30 at the Hammond Cabelas a few months ago for $99. The gun was in very good shape. A few scratches here and there but the bore, action, and the wood were in a good condidtion. Mine is a numbers matching gun, not forced matched. Most of the 91/30's at cabelas were in very good shape when I bought mine.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    One of my trips to the 1500 had a dealer with a crate of them for something like 79 or 89 bucks. There was one left and a young guy holding onto the cosmoline coated rifle. I gave him a little history lesson on them and he just gripped it tighter. LOL

reload4ever

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    My first nagant was around $60.00 then i started collecting the variants and accesories and before I knew it I sunk quite a bit into my nagant collection. So be warned! its fun its interesting its addictive. Oh if the wife only knew.

rfontes

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2010
    Noblesville
    i was looking at a set of nagant's @ gander mountain for $129 each, after examining the rifles closely, i almost started laughing. $40 each maybe, but for 129 dollars, hell no.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    I picked one up at Midwest Gun Exchange when they were on sale. $97 and change got me the gun and 40 rounds to start with. Mine was a 1939 but they had some of the early 30's selling for around 120 cleaned up on their rack.

Top Bottom