• BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Don't shoot it from the hip.

[video=youtube;fM_sqSTg2v8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM_sqSTg2v8[/video]
    I agree unless one is shooting from 5 yards or less. With low recoil 00 buckshot, my Gatekeeper II is very controllable. Depending on the ammo, it is very effective out to 10 and 15 yards when aimed. There is a learning curve to the gun, but I like mine a lot. It is probably one gun I'll never sell. It is fun to shoot with low recoil loads, too. If I were going fishing, etc., in bear country (I most likely won't be able to) it would accompany me, loaded with slugs. It might be fun on a hog hunt.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Well, the concept is not really new, but the shotty does look like it's done right. One of my nephews has a pistol grip shotgun, and it is brutal to shoot with much of anything over standard 2-3/4 #6 or #4 shells. I shot it with #4 shot, and after 4 or so rounds, my grip hand was taking a beating. I don't know how that new Shockwave feels with that nob-like grip on it though.

EXLINE

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Hendricks Co.
    I love mine. The grip is so much of an improvement over shooting a regular pistol grip. I just hold it out in front of me. As long as you just hold onto it it's not going to come back into your face. I didn't even have an issue running those super hot hornady 00 buck that are rated at 1600fps.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Anybody else that have one have an issue fitting 5 rounds in the mag tube?
    Five 2 3/4" shells? Nope. Haven't tried five 3" shell though but as far as it seems they should fit just fine.
    Sorry lonehoosier but the manual says five fit and I haven't had any trouble doing so. W/O and extension.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Definitely a cool gun but I would hate to have to explain to the cops how it is legal.
    That line of thought doesn't even come into my Mind .... EVER.
    i don't have any interactions with cops like that. Only cops I talk to I know and they always have cooler **** than I do!

so my thoughts on the mossberg 590 shockwave? ****ing awesome! First one I see for sale in front of me (not at a gouging price) I will buy. It's cool. Probably will never shoot it

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    Don't mean to bump old threads but rather than start a new one...

I read through this but didn't see it asked, sorry if I missed it.

Got my hands on both a Tac 14 and Shockwave at my LGS. What is the legality in having one of these in your vehicle loaded? Being Classified as a "Firearm" and not a handgun shotgun or rifle I'm not certain.

Thanks in advance

At least in IN it is treated as a handgun, for the purpose of needing an LTCH & carrying on your person or in a vehicle.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I took my Remington version out again this Saturday. I let my buddy, an old grizzled veteran of firearms handling, shoot it. He had a grin from ear to ear! BTW, the Remington version is on the gun shelves at two gun shops I've visited lately.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I've seen one photo of a guy who removed the grip of his Shockwave, then put a regular pistol grip with an AR buffer adapter and then an SB brace

BFR50-110

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Montgomery County
    I stopped at Top Guns in Terre Haute last Friday and they had at least ten Mossberg Shockwave's in stock. Natually I had to buy one. Not sure when I'll get a chance to shoot it but I'm looking forward to it.

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    I stopped at Top Guns in Terre Haute last Friday and they had at least ten Mossberg Shock wave's in stock. Naturally I had to buy one. Not sure when I'll get a chance to shoot it but I'm looking forward to it.

I initially thought Id like the Mossberg version because of the location of the safety but after handling both the Tac 14 is my favorite. Im already used to the 870 controls and it feels like a more solid gun. I always have preferred the 870 over the mossbergs because of this. I know they are both solid but every time I pick up a mossberg to me it feels cheap. Personal preference I suppose

BFR50-110

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Montgomery County
    I initially thought Id like the Mossberg version because of the location of the safety but after handling both the Tac 14 is my favorite. Im already used to the 870 controls and it feels like a more solid gun. I always have preferred the 870 over the mossbergs because of this. I know they are both solid but every time I pick up a mossberg to me it feels cheap. Personal preference I suppose

I like the forend strap and the extra round that the Mossberg holds. I like the safety position on it too. That being said I haven't had a chance to handle the Remington so I wouldn't be opposed to getting one of those too if they're as nice as you say.

Top Bottom