• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    They were asking $399.95. Not the best price I've seen but the only place that's actually had them. My lgs said they'd sell them at $352 but they're distributer is out of stock with no idea when they could get one.

Ok.. I saw them at PSA and I think Target Sports USA websites and they were $389 but you'd also have shipping and transfer. If they ever get around $300 locally I don't think I could resist.

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    I bought one a few weeks back off the internet, got it for $400 after transfer. I love it. I shot many different rounds through it and the only rounds that were unbearable were Turkey loads. Slugs and 00 buck were no problem. I highly recommend NOT REMOVING the strap!
    I prefer mossberg because that's what I grew up with.

Indycar:v1.1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Not close enuf to the track
    Used to both Remy & Mooses. Buddy got a Shockwave and it felt natural.

He used a soldering iron to stipple the grip and I had to wear a glove as it was so rough, but very
    controllable.

I'm used to hip shooting shotties and this one shoots real good from the hip.

duboismd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Indy
    Bought one when they first came out. Have easily put 300 rounds of different types through it. Love it. I definitely use the strap and would never remove it. Fire by sighting down the barrel, pushing it out as far from my face as I can. Believe it or not it is a very easy shooter for what it is. For a good tutorial check out The youtube by Clint Smith at Thunder Ranch. I have not "assigned" it a purpose yet, but right now I consider it a great acquisition.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    The Remington or the Mossberg, both are great guns for HD. I have fired my Shockwave many times and find no fault with it or my Remington 870 Marine Magnum. Traditional or short, handgrip only, it is a choice one must make and it is only the one who is making it who can know which is correct for them.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Tried the google but couldn't find a pic. Do you have a link for that cause that setup sounds interesting.

Edit--Nevermind, found his facebook page....now I want one too.

https://m.facebook.com/107385756065...85756065898/919345818203217/?type=3&source=54
    I would want to see a ruling from ATF about the legality of this setup before I pulled the trigger. After some thought, I was thinking that if I wanted a stock, I'd just get an 870 with 18" barrel and a stock.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I would want to see a ruling from ATF about the legality of this setup before I pulled the trigger. After some thought, I was thinking that if I wanted a stock, I'd just get an 870 with 18" barrel and a stock.

Well, since a brace isn't a stock, that length would make it a "firearm". Black Ace has done it already. This set up looks more slim line and refined

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville

Makes sense as a 14" shotgun is more dangerous when a stock it installed.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany

Makes sense as a 14" shotgun is more dangerous when a stock it installed.

I have a Remington 870 Gatekeeper II. My point is that I wouldn't risk getting into a can of worms because I had something that the ATF ruled was illegal. If you want to take that chance, jump on it! Getting these shorties was a real coup for gun owners.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Well, since a brace isn't a stock, that length would make it a "firearm". Black Ace has done it already. This set up looks more slim line and refined
    If they have ATF approval, then that is fine, but I'd still be hesitant until I saw a ruling. Also, IMHO, the added pistol grip and arm brace pretty much add so much bulk and length that it takes away from the original attraction of the firearm being compact. To each his own.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    I have a Remington 870 Gatekeeper II. My point is that I wouldn't risk getting into a can of worms because I had something that the ATF ruled was illegal. If you want to take that chance, jump on it! Getting these shorties was a real coup for gun owners.

The purple wasn't sarcastic against you, it was sarcastic to the government and their dumbazz laws that makes nobody any safer.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    If they have ATF approval, then that is fine, but I'd still be hesitant until I saw a ruling. Also, IMHO, the added pistol grip and arm brace pretty much add so much bulk and length that it takes away from the original attraction of the firearm being compact. To each his own.

Sure, but I've handled an AR with that particular brace and it feels really nice and not very bulky. So Imagine it on this short shotgun, you essentially have a SBS that's legally a "Firearm" and not a short barrel shotgun.

The original advantage of the shockwave or Tac-14 is it's "small" but it's still a 14 in barrel but you can't fire it like you would a shotgun with a stock. With a brace, you can shoot it as if it has a stock

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Just bought a shockwave last weekend. I like it a lot, keeping it in my truck, going to buy at least 1 more to keep in my tool box at work. Great size and great overall package

Top Bottom