Most people don't shoot 50bmg past 300yds anyway....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Pretty sure he said 100...

Bass and Bucks has a range out to 750ish and they're only 1.5 hours from south bend. I think it's $15 for the day.
    Just looked at their page, 15 an hour and 20 a day, nice! That is not a crazy drive.

Thanks Rookie. i will give them a call. Would be great to do a meet and greet too for some INGO long range shooters, and some wanna be long rangers like myself lol.

Larry

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    I got to shoot a lot of Ma Deuce, on the government’s nickel. Off tripods, M113s, and Humvees. I started at Atterbury, IN and finished near An Naseriah, Iraq. My favorite memory of M2, was splitting boulders at Atterbury. I still kick myself for not grabbing a “50 split rock”. We were shooting, early September, really dry summer. In between fire iterations, we went out in the impact area to put out light ups….then we discovered the
    “50 splits”!!! I found a 18 or 24” diameter boulder that the bullet had split almost perfectly in two!!! A few firing lines later, the impact area was engulfed in a wildfire, thanks to Ma Deuce and sparks from those rocks splitting…. I should have grabbed one….or 10
    Because that’s what the infantry does….

Engage the enemy and take
    Ground….”50 split rocks” are
    taking ground….. :patriot: :patriot:

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Yeah sorry, it's only 100 yards. :(

But...there's no hassle. :)

Don't get me wrong, I would like to try stretching it out a bit, but I just don't fixate on that aspect.

Bring on the narco-tanks! But maybe not the kill dozer...I don't think a 50 would have touched that thing.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I have 3. An M82A1, a custom left handed Ferret50, and an LAR Grizzly Big Boar. I’ve also owned two others. Long range is only one application for the BMG, and not one it does particularly well compared to some others.

What it does well is place a shitload of energy downrange and be fun to shoot but cheaper than many other long range higher caliber guns.

All of my BMGs are worth more than I paid, even in adjusted dollars, and the M82A1 will probably go up a bit now that Ronnie Barrett sold out to the Australians.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Freedom , yes really Freedom
    I have 3. An M82A1, a custom left handed Ferret50, and an LAR Grizzly Big Boar. I’ve also owned two others. Long range is only one application for the BMG, and not one it does particularly well compared to some others.

What it does well is place a shitload of energy downrange and be fun to shoot but cheaper than many other long range higher caliber guns.

All of my BMGs are worth more than I paid, even in adjusted dollars, and the M82A1 will probably go up a bit now that Ronnie Barrett sold out to the Australians.
    I was wondering a similar thing. If the Barretts are going to increase in value or not. Australia being antigun of course but plenty of antis still sell us civilian weapons. However, if for some reason they do stop. Wowsa, the barretts could get real pricey on the secondary market.

TacticalM4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    I'll have an M2HB with ground mount tripod and should shave a mount for one of our humvees soon as well. Anyone know any land owners or friendly ranges? Would love to shoot from both platforms when it arrives. I'm in Carmel, and have seen a few places down south, but there is land all over up here?

Top Bottom