• ...and so much more!
  • sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    15-20 yrs ago I saw a piebald turkey in Parke co. Just a few years ago there was an albino deer just southeast of Lafayette. The coolest experience while hunting was a few years ago in Colorado. My wife, stepson, and father in law were elk hunting. I was the pack mule. The first morning we had a big bull moose walk through. It walked a trail less than 10 yds from my wife and her dad. It got to about 70 yds from me and stepson. We were very lucky to experience that because moose are not very populated in the area we were hunting. That year only 2 bull tags were issued in that unit.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    My Pa and I hunted Pidgeon River SGA for 20 years, until he passed away. We saw all kinds of cool stuff up there. Had a hawk brush my cheek as it chased a pheasant past my in my tree stand. I took a shot at a piebald spike buck there. Saw my first otter. Dad saw a badger in area D. We had to ask the DNR what he saw. They confirmed that he did in fact see it. It was walking a small trail that my dad was sitting on and it made HIM move!

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Several years ago while skiing at Boyne Mountain, a porcupine ambled across the ski slope. That was the second time I've seen a porcupine, first was in '99 on a ranch in SoDak that backed up to the national forest.

Then in '02 while shooting prairie dogs on the Buffalo Gap Grasslands, I had just shot a p-dog and was still looking through the scope when a badger popped up out of the grass. That was pretty freaky, and awesome all in one.

Headed back to the room after skiing at Winter Park, CO, a moose was just wandering through the base area. Not that Moose are unusual, but being in the base village was certainly unusual.
    We were told that that particular porcupine is a frequent visitor when the weather was right. It was probably 15 years ago for us.
    Also saw two moose sparring in near Banff, not sure where but it was definitely in town or at base, we were on the bus to the slopes from the lodge, man that was probably 36 years ago now. Wow.

The funniest thing was at the Indy zoo, our oldest was maybe 7 and two turtles were mating. Gives new meaning to the phrase doggie style, just in slo-mo. There was loud slo-mo moaning and everything. When the moaning started is when wifey grabs kiddo by the hand and whisks him off.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Back in Florida when I was young and in the Scouts we took a canoe trip down the Wekiwa River in Central Florida. It is a spring fed river that has crystal clear water. We came around a bend that formed a pool at one of the springs and there were three Alligator Gar suspended over the spring. The smallest one was as large as our canoe, the two larger ones were much larger than our canoe. It was humbling to find fresh water fish large enough to eat a human if so inclined.

In high school we were at the Governor's Regatta in Melbourne, Florida. I volunteered to hold the shells and sculls in position for the start of the races, I was out there all day. Between races I was standing in chest deep water and a pod of Dolphin breached all around me at the same time. You could get the feeling they knew what they were doing and doing it for effect. I didn't disappoint them...

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    The funniest thing was at the Indy zoo, our oldest was maybe 7 and two turtles were mating. Gives new meaning to the phrase doggie style, just in slo-mo. There was loud slo-mo moaning and everything. When the moaning started is when wifey grabs kiddo by the hand and whisks him off.
    They must be sex addicts. I remember seeing it when I was a kid at the Indy zoo and have had several people say they have seen it too!

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    had this on one of my cams.....not sure what it is?????.......

cpAPQl6.jpg

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Several years ago our team got a “behind the scenes” tour of the Indianapolis zoo. All of the handlers were surprisingly welcoming and helpful considering we were there to learn proper bullet placement for instant incapacitation of their animals should one escape and require being put down. When we got to the orangutan enclosure they told us that “Clyde” from the Any Which Way But Loose movie was there. I made eye contact with him when we saw him and I honestly cannot put into words what I saw behind those eyes but I can say that it changed my opinion of them in a big way. I’m absolutely positive I’ve met more than a few humans with less intellect.

I also stood within a foot of a polar bear who was sitting down facing away from me. The size of that thing was startling, I cannot fathom being hunted by one and not having a firearm to protect myself.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Saw a badger horsing around with my turkey hen decoy in orange county. Have had a couple giant white owls just stop in to visit while bow hunting in the tree stand. We had a baby mink in the back yard the first or second summer we lived here. JoJo the cat learned not to mess with him. LOL
    Petted manatee in Florida, saw gar just sitting still in the current waiting for something tasty to wash out of a side creek. And some fish that looked like a prehistoric bullet. And what are the giant goldfish looking fish? Saw a few of those. Those manatee expeditions are worth the money.
    Watched a giraffe steal Wifey's sunglasses from atop her noggin' at silver springs. LOL.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I watched a fox kill a medium sized ground hog and then proceed to chew it in half, so that it could bury half and eat half, It took about 2 hours to do this so of course the deer hunting was off that morning,

Sitting at the base of a large tree one season turkey hunting, I heard a 4 legged animal come in behind me and then it stopped making noise but all the sudden I heard bark being climed on, ended up looking a ground hog right in the face from about 8 inches when it decided that it didn't want be be near me.

I've been hit by owls 2 times, once in a tree bow hunting, then in the back of the head fox calling one night.

I've had several squirrel run across, climb and in other ways figure out that I'm not a tree.

I"ve seen 2 doe get in a fight over some grazing area.

Eagles too many times to count. Got a nest on the back of my yard.

I've been in the woods for hours upon hours and don't regret a single minute of it. I've shared it with my friends, dad, and kids.

All I have to say is appreciate your time, don't let life stop you from enjoying it.

Top Bottom