• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Saw near a dozen wolves cross the highway on Lake Goegebic.Another time got a photo of 13 eagles flying over the valley at the Porcupine Mountain St Pk. on Lake Superior.Had Loons hang out for the day diving and fishing on their way north on several occasions.

ndawoods25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Martinsville
    Was turkey hunting in Southern Indiana a few years back. I was all the way in a huge bottom walking slowly and listening. All of a sudden about 200 yards away I heard what sounded like some sort of growl. It was too far for me to see through the spring vegetation. It almost sounded like a grizzley bear growling on tv. I heard it 3 times in a row. I went back up the hill without stopping. I have been in the woods 42 years. It was a sound I cant explain and still have no clue. I have hunted there for years and never saw anything out of the ordinary

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    es56Ekk.png

wildest thing I've seen in a while, a churchmouse on a unicorn

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I know these are fairly common in the southern part of our state, but I was rather shocked to see this on my trail camera a couple of weeks ago. Looks like a fairly big kitty.
    mlNc9bP.jpg

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Watched a flying squirrel glide between trees and go into a hole while deer hunting from a tree stand just after sunrise.

Watched a red-shouldered hawk take a little blue heron in Florida. Saw an amphiuma there also, dropped by a white ibis.

Saw a robin walking on top of a mole tunnel as it was being dug and snatching up all the worms that tried to escape the mole by going up to the surface.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Watched a flying squirrel glide between trees and go into a hole while deer hunting from a tree stand just after sunrise.

Watched a red-shouldered hawk take a little blue heron in Florida. Saw an amphiuma there also, dropped by a white ibis.

Saw a robin walking on top of a mole tunnel as it was being dug and snatching up all the worms that tried to escape the mole by going up to the surface.

I once saw a flying squirrel down at Lake Monroe. I was using the fork of a dead tree as a leverage point to break up long branches into firewood sized pieces and apparently I disturbed him in his home up above me in the dead tree. I felt what I thought was water hit my head (it was a clear dry day) and I looked up and saw him. Little **** had peed on me! I guess I pissed him off so he pissed on me. :):

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I love flying squirrels. Our cats have brought a couple to us...those didn't survive. Hubby found one when he was sawing down a hollow tree one day. I relocated that one to another tree and it was fine.

I see them on my trail cameras at night...took me a bit to figure out what those things were on the pictures but I'm 90% sure that this is what we are seeing.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Several years ago our team got a “behind the scenes” tour of the Indianapolis zoo. All of the handlers were surprisingly welcoming and helpful considering we were there to learn proper bullet placement for instant incapacitation of their animals should one escape and require being put down. When we got to the orangutan enclosure they told us that “Clyde” from the Any Which Way But Loose movie was there. I made eye contact with him when we saw him and I honestly cannot put into words what I saw behind those eyes but I can say that it changed my opinion of them in a big way. I’m absolutely positive I’ve met more than a few humans with less intellect.

I also stood within a foot of a polar bear who was sitting down facing away from me. The size of that thing was startling, I cannot fathom being hunted by one and not having a firearm to protect myself.

You, sir, have led a much more interesting life than I have! Very cool story.

I put scratch mix in a feeder attached to a tree 20' from my back porch. Have been feeding flying squirrels every night for 20 years now.

I saw a flyingsquirrel here on INGO. It had evolved to the point it could post relevant content (see above). Very impressive.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Also saw a hoary bat hanging on the side of a pine tree out in the open in August on the south shore of Lake Superior in the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore along the North Country Trail. Having done some bat research in my youth, I have seen many of species of bats, but not this one. They are quite uncommon.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Also saw a hoary bat hanging on the side of a pine tree out in the open in August on the south shore of Lake Superior in the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore along the North Country Trail. Having done some bat research in my youth, I have seen many of species of bats, but not this one. They are quite uncommon.

How did you identify it? Was it the low-cut top, short skirt, fishnet stockings and heavy makeup? Oh wait... "hoary"... nevermind. ;)

Top Bottom