• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    The last Rambo movie where he wiped out the river pirates with a 1911, awesome shooting, and it changed my whole attitude towards Rambo movies (except for First Blood, that entire movie was awesome)!

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    The last Rambo movie where he wiped out the river pirates with a 1911, awesome shooting, and it changed my whole attitude towards Rambo movies (except for First Blood, that entire movie was awesome)!

Aye
    The room gets dusty every time the movie gets to this part below:

"Trautman: You did everything to make this private war happen. You've done enough damage. This mission is over, Rambo. Do you understand me? This mission is over! Look at them out there! Look at them! If you won't end this now, they will kill you. Is that what you want? It's over Johnny. It's over!
    Rambo: Nothing is over! Nothing! You just don't turn it off! It wasn't my war! You asked me, I didn't ask you! And I did what I had to do to win! But somebody wouldn't let us win! And I come back to the world and I see all those maggots at the airport, protesting me, spitting. Calling me baby killer and all kinds of vile crap! Who are they to protest me? Who are they? Unless they've been me and been there and know what the hell they're yelling about!
    Trautman: It was a bad time for everyone, Rambo. It's all in the past now.
    Rambo: FOR YOU! For me civilian life is nothing! In the field we had a code of honor, you watch my back, I watch yours. Back here there's nothing!
    Trautman: You're the last of an elite group, don't end it like this.
    Rambo: Back there I could fly a gunship, I could drive a tank, I was in charge of million dollar equipment, back here I can't even hold a job PARKING CARS!

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    You know, there was a really good, extended single take gun fight in Children of Men. Very interesting movie.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    No shoot out or gun fight scenes, per se, but Glory has always struck me as having realistic battle scenes, according to Civil war tactics and read historical accounts.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Tears of the Sun, the final sceen is a good one to watch.

I like when the cavalry comes in for the rescue. Can't remember which movie, but recently saw one where the helos come in with mini guns blazing just in time to prevent a complete overrun of the troops on the ground.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I like when the cavalry comes in for the rescue. Can't remember which movie, but recently saw one where the helos come in with mini guns blazing just in time to prevent a complete overrun of the troops on the ground.

You're thinking of the final battle scene from "We Were Soldiers."
    An excellent movie, packed full of battlefield authenticity.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    This is without a doubt one of the most accurate shootouts I have ever seen...Up to and including the shooting the Mauser from the hip BECAUSE you were a coal miner who had never fired a gun much before....It's quick, it's brutal, John Sayles based it on actual first hand testimony including that some of the miners involved were unfamiliar with firearms....I was a little bummed that they had Sid "Two Gun" Hatfield with a pair of Colt's instead of his S&W Triplelock .44's but his holster style and carrying method was accurate....John Sayles is a commie and the film doesn't hide the fact that Red's had something to do with the Coal Mine Wars.....This scene is awesome in it's brutality and it's accuracy IMHO...

As a side note if you have ever rafted down the New River the sandy beach where the kid aims his Spanish Mauser at the man is where you put your raft's in for the all day float trip...When I went it was just a couple of years after the movie and most of the set was still there....

[video=youtube;PvVWWFRW0mw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvVWWFRW0mw[/video]

[video=youtube;rqJ4v5Rfah0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqJ4v5Rfah0[/video]

Now this is a neat picture here...If you look closely you can see Kirk grimacing in the background as he is telling Sid to quit "coonfingering" for the camera...:)

2b6e105fb7162f8f87045323ab15d015.jpg

smilinhatfield.jpg

smiling-sid-hatfields-wife-jessie-lee-maynard-testerman-hatfield-pettry-lima-news-oh-5-mar-1922.jpg

Sid later married the widow of the Mayor and he was gunned down in front of the courthouse as the assassins knew he would not be armed as the courthouse was a "gun free zone"......She became famous in her own right as the "Woman Widowed Twice" by the Coal Companies...

Second is The Wild Bunch....I am assuming anyone male is familiar with the film and the famous "walk"....

[video=youtube;mx15l4L4Zlk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx15l4L4Zlk&t=1s[/video]

The walk....

[video=youtube;_ysVoV3x5Zo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ysVoV3x5Zo[/video]

The shootout.....

WOW! Brutal. Death is ugly...

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    True....

My people are from the Western Kentucky coal fields and as dad told me in the 1980's when I said "You know that Union you belong to is communist don't you?" Dad would respond, "Well that commie union is what fed and clothed you the past 18 years...You fancy yourself a history man....Why don't you look up to see what life was like for a Kentucky Rail Road man or Coal Miner back before the unions and then we'll talk........"

Off subject, but...LOVE Justified. Raylan Givens had to go back to Harlan Kentucky for the U.S. Marshall Service, and GREAT series.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    For TV shows, I recommend Strike back

I love that show. First season had Andrew Lincoln from The Walking Dead. It was before Cinemax took it over. Loved the show, didn't need all the sex scenes... The show did teach me that the AK platform could have bolt hold open. None of mine do. Thought it was funny when they went thru a period where one or the other got shot or beat to hell in each episode.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    You're thinking of the final battle scene from "We Were Soldiers."
    An excellent movie, packed full of battlefield authenticity.

That scene never happened, was simply done for drama. Anyone that really got into the movie I HIGHLY recommend the book. I want to nominate a movie for WORST gun play as I just saw it again yesterday... Commando. Simply terrible.

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Blackhawk down, saving private Ryan, band of brothers, pacific, we were soldiers,13 hours seemed good, act of valor, lone survivor, American sniper. I watch a lot of war movies.

Top Bottom