• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Sold one of our couches we just didn't have room for, nice to see floor space in the living room finally!
    Actually, there are only 4 boxes left in the living room, and there were 3 dozen, or so it seemed.
    There are a couple more pieces of furniture that might hit the chopping block, but I'm hoping I can get the wife won over to my wall-to-wall furniture style, while my wife thinks blank spaces on the wall between pieces of furniture is the more normal view of furniture placement. :dunno:
    All Sears appliances were to be delivered tomorrow but we never received the "confirmation" call between 6-8 pm that we were to get.
    Got to go by outside lights x4 and an attic fan, and etc. for the electrician next week.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Got 3 appliances delivered today. :rockwoot:Although, bad timing for the wife who was trying to cook in the middle of losing her 'fridge and stove (should have waited till Friday for a delivery date or the wife should have told family where we are going to in Greensburg tomorrow that she couldn't bring deviled eggs and dessert: she'll be up to 3am if she's lucky. :dunno:
    Forgot to go pick up Microwave.

Turned outside garage and front door lights into dusk/dawn lights by a $10 insert that has the sensor in it and put an LED bulb in.
    Better than having to buy $50-$80 new lights x3: more $$ to buy guns with. :laugh: (bought 3 just this week, and 5 since the house journey started beginning of Oct.)
    One gun was totally unexpected but bought just b/c it was a stellar deal and a S/W: $250 for a Smith and Wesson SD9VE with 5 magazines that was cleaner than I've ever seen a gun be with the slide off,
    a Ruger Western-style 6 shot single action that I finally found for my price ($300 including 2nd magnum cylinder with box and manual), I could have bought a longer barrel w/o any accessories with it for $275, but as cheap as I am, even I didn't blink at getting the extras on the other gun for $25 more.
    I was able to complete my Beretta tilt-up barrel 3-some ($225 for the 22 caliber, already had the other two calibers). I had picked up the Taurus 22 caliber for only $160, but I really wanted the Beretta. Since I love shooting 22s, I will put ammo down both of them, but probably sell the Taurus. I want to get stainless steel in any of the calibers that are available, or even nickel, if I had to settle for that, but they come at a premium that I probably won't be willing to pay.

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Didn't get too much done today.
    Had to take out time to buy another Beretta Tomcat .32 this am with 2 mags and 2 holsters, ha!
    On the way there I picked up a speeding ticket. On Southeastern where I now live it is 40 mph, but as you near the city it goes down to 35 mph: argh!
    Just following the truck in front of me not paying any attention: 35 mph? you've got to be kidding! That would be like people going 55 mph on 465 or 70 around Indy!

Made 3 trips to Lowes today.
    Electrician coming Monday. Spent time texting with him about buying this light and that fixture, and came up with 2 more projects: a light above the sink, and in the laundry room.
    Getting the living room light changed to a 3-way switch, and putting a light in my closet, putting timers in. The latter I could have done myself, but I'm getting lazy.
    Cut the attic fan project.
    Forgot to pick up the microwave Wednesday and didn't dare go near the Greenwood Mall today to go to Sears: I'll go Sunday after church when things have lightened up a bit.
    Doing w/o a microwave for a couple of weeks is inconvenient, to say the least.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Wonderful having the work done by the Electrician: house is more "switch" friendly. :laugh:
    My wife wants a water softener (badly), and I want a R/O water purifier, we've had both for decades, especially the drinking water aspect.
    I began my research and was going to go with Aqua, but I found Cooper Water, a family owned small business and went with them.
    I had 5 appointments lined up for the week, but just went with the Cooper Water and canceled the others, and we had the system in the next day.
    I didn't think there would be room in the furnace/water heater room, but I got a slimmer salt tank, and made it work (didn't want to put it into the garage).
    I had put in the last 2 softeners and R/O machines myself (with help), so it was really nice getting it done quickly and efficiently, having a few grand in the bank from selling the house helps loosen the purse strings, but the money is flying out quick.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    You are sailing right along.

1. It's all about the details now.
    2. Still have boxes I haven't even opened in the closets.
    3. I've got to do those last 3 big boxes in the garage so I can get my wife's car into the garage since snow is coming.
    4. Got the shed done though, last weekend.
    5. Something about a shower curtain install and I have to refurbish a bathroom cabinet before I can put it up ($25 used on Marketplace); it just needs a little restraining.
    6. Then there is the 100 boxes in the backyard (fence hides them).

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Finally! Both cars are in the garage for the night!
    Got the final 4 boxes done!
    Yes, I am very pleased with myself.
    Having an independent plumber come in Monday to do things I could do myself, but I am getting old, unmotivated and lazy: put in a toilet, two 1/4 turn shut off valves, and to my embarrassment: two shower heads and 1 or 2 nipple extensions for the showers.
    It's just that he'll do in 2 hours what it would take me all day to do :laugh: .
    I still haven't put my ammo in its permanent place yet.
    I have a week of school before Xmas break and I'll have time before and after I get back in town, to work on things.
    I want to get all my holsters (bought another) and ancillary gun supplies in order and know where they are at (not sure at this point, only know where all my guns are at.
    My wife must have got a dozen boxes emptied in the last two days, so I get no credit for my work. :dunno:

Top Bottom