• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is where I think you actually have it backwards. Hyper individualism is what spawned the left wing of the current time period that has progressed out of the 60s drug binge.

What we had before was a group identity of Americans, hard working, faithful, and above all else committed to our own people and our own goals. These are not individualist traits. Individualism falls into the trap of creating as many camps and classes as possible, dividing the population as far as possible, and banning everything that offends us instead of respecting our neighbor's rights.

Our group identity was rugged individualism, yes, but it was a group identity, don't forget that. We shared that. This may be tangential to your point but it's an important thing to remember.

Hyper individualism always results in direct democracy, because the individual thinks they are more important than the next person. And direct democracy results in voting yourself more money from your neighbor's wallet, because after all, you're more important than they are, and can better make use of it.

Well said and on point. I was part of that group growing up in the 60's. I did not carry signs and I bathed regular but I watched it all unfold.
    Those same people are now running this mess.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    This is where I think you actually have it backwards. Hyper individualism is what spawned the left wing of the current time period that has progressed out of the 60s drug binge.

What we had before was a group identity of Americans, hard working, faithful, and above all else committed to our own people and our own goals. These are not individualist traits. Individualism falls into the trap of creating as many camps and classes as possible, dividing the population as far as possible, and banning everything that offends us instead of respecting our neighbor's rights.

Our group identity was rugged individualism, yes, but it was a group identity, don't forget that. We shared that. This may be tangential to your point but it's an important thing to remember.

Hyper individualism always results in direct democracy, because the individual thinks they are more important than the next person. And direct democracy results in voting yourself more money from your neighbor's wallet, because after all, you're more important than they are, and can better make use of it.

The rugged individuals were the frontiersmen and women and the farmers. The city dwellers and the landed gentry have always been the Tories.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Well, I remember that Assange strongly implied that the DNC was responsible for the death of Seth Rich and that he was the leaker of the DNC email dump. That was a popular thing back then.

I remember that one. The official story was he was killed in a robbery even though nothing was taken. I guess it was too soon to use heart attack in prison or suicide again.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    And this headline would be accurate. The Mueller report revealed that the Russians we're able to hack into the voting system of a local election board in Florida in 2016. This was something unknown until today. It still isn't clear which county or precinct because the election board hasn't reported it.

That doesn't mean Trump was involved, but we already knew Russia was / is actively trying to interfere in our elections. Turns out they were pretty successful. Much more so then I'm sure they even expected to be.

This has been reported for almost 2 years.
    https://patch.com/illinois/chicagoheights/russians-hacked-illinois-board-elections-quigley

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Hillary Clinton suggests that Trump got a pass from the DOJ for obstruction. Thinks if it were anyone else they would have been indicted. That is freaking hilarious coming from her.

Oh the irony.

Lest we forget the deletion of 33k subpoenaed emails, bleach bit wiped hard drives ,removal of sim cards then the smashing of cellphone devices during an investigation. That could'nt possibly be construed as intent to obstruct.

I think Hillary needs to keep her big fat gob shut and slither back into the shadows before she starts attracting to much attention to herself and the things she got away with. On second thought. Keep it coming HRC.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/23/hil...ort-doj-rule-saved-trump-from-indictment.html

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    For those of you who are Audlible.com members, the Mueller report is available free. Its about 19 hours of listening.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hillary Clinton suggests that Trump got a pass from the DOJ for obstruction. Thinks if it were anyone else they would have been indicted. That is freaking hilarious coming from her.

Oh the irony.

Lest we forget the deletion of 33k subpoenaed emails, bleach bit wiped hard drives ,removal of sim cards then the smashing of cellphone devices during an investigation. That could'nt possibly be construed as intent to obstruct.

I think Hillary needs to keep her big fat gob shut and slither back into the shadows before she starts attracting to much attention to herself and the things she got away with. On second thought. Keep it coming HRC.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/23/hil...ort-doj-rule-saved-trump-from-indictment.html

If they keep giving these POS a mic to spread the :koolaid: the faithful will keep drinking it.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    For those of you who are Audlible.com members, the Mueller report is available free. Its about 19 hours of listening.

19 hours of "On 9/15/16 Paul Manafort *REDACTED* *REDACTED* *REDACTED* *REDACTED* *REDACTED* *REDACTED* *REDACTED* *REDACTED* *REDACTED* *REDACTED* *REDACTED* *REDACTED* *REDACTED* *REDACTED* *REDACTED* *REDACTED* *REDACTED* *REDACTED* *REDACTED* *REDACTED* The Grand Jury report said *REDACTED* *REDACTED* *REDACTED* *REDACTED* *REDACTED**REDACTED* *REDACTED* *REDACTED* *REDACTED* *REDACTED**REDACTED* *REDACTED* *REDACTED* *REDACTED* *REDACTED*...

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    SCOTUS doesn't really have anything to do with impeachment.

Trump said:
    The Mueller Report, despite being written by Angry Democrats and Trump Haters, and with unlimited money behind it ($35,000,000), didn’t lay a glove on me. I DID NOTHING WRONG. If the partisan Dems ever tried to Impeach, I would first head to the U.S. Supreme Court. Not only are there no “High Crimes and Misdemeanors,” there are no Crimes by me at all. All of the Crimes were committed by Crooked Hillary, the Dems, the DNC and Dirty Cops - and we caught them in the act! We waited for Mueller and WON, so now the Dems look to Congress as last hope!

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Some good insights from Rush on the Mueller report, starting at about 9:15 into the below vid:

[video=youtube;ierZf99HL1M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ierZf99HL1M[/video]

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    19 hours of "On 9/15/16 Paul Manafort *REDACTED* *REDACTED* *REDACTED* *REDACTED* *REDACTED* *REDACTED* *REDACTED* *REDACTED* *REDACTED* *REDACTED* *REDACTED* *REDACTED* *REDACTED* *REDACTED* *REDACTED* *REDACTED* *REDACTED* *REDACTED* *REDACTED* *REDACTED* The Grand Jury report said *REDACTED* *REDACTED* *REDACTED* *REDACTED* *REDACTED**REDACTED* *REDACTED* *REDACTED* *REDACTED* *REDACTED**REDACTED* *REDACTED* *REDACTED* *REDACTED* *REDACTED*...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Could be! I'll let you know after I start listening. I am kind of interested in how they designate redactions.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Rich Lowry, in National Review, nails it.

Mueller did NOT return any "indictment". The DoJ legal show is over on collusion and obstruction.

Now it's up to Pelosi and the House Democrats whether to pursue impeachment... which is not a legal proceeding, but a political one... and a nasty, dirty political proceeding at that... a realm in which Trump thrives! More so than even fmr President Clinton.

This is why Pelosi hesitates. Democrats can lose hugely.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/04/trump-ready-fight-possible-impeachment/

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Since the “collusion” aspect of the Mueller investigation was proven to be a dead end the obstruction part of the report was crafted to give the Democrats a bone to chew on for impeachment purposes.

This whole thing was politically based from the beginning and I think AG Barr will out it as such with his investigation.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Just remember, facts don't matter.

A jury of Democrats would be likely to convict Trump of being a two-headed snake demon and sentence him to be burned at the stake..

Top Bottom