found 17 this evening.....

zjQSW61.jpg

drumsscott

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Carmel
    That's a good haul for you regardless. We had a total of 1200 picked over a 4 day period . Sold them for $70/pound which brought in approx. $4000.00.
    There is a location in Linton, IN an old coal mine where they have the spoil piles from excavating the coal. They seem to really like that sandy area.
    I've always had alot of luck around areas where there are Ash, poplar, elm and some oak trees.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    That's a good haul for you regardless. We had a total of 1200 picked over a 4 day period . Sold them for $70/pound which brought in approx. $4000.00.
    There is a location in Linton, IN an old coal mine where they have the spoil piles from excavating the coal. They seem to really like that sandy area.
    I've always had alot of luck around areas where there are Ash, poplar, elm and some oak trees.

We tend to find yellows around Sycamore trees

My brother went out today and didn't find aything

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    30 on Tuesday, 16 yesterday, 25 today. Not great numbers but the mushrooms are big. Saw a guy yesterday post a pic, had To have had 25_30#. I think he was in Orange county.

drumsscott

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Carmel
    Are you frying them up tonight? How do you cook yours? Always like to get new ideas.

30 on Tuesday, 16 yesterday, 25 today. Not great numbers but the mushrooms are big. Saw a guy yesterday post a pic, had To have had 25_30#. I think he was in Orange county.

drumsscott

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Carmel
    on the big ones, leave them whole. Mix diced jalapenos with cream cheese. Stuff shroom bread and fry. Mushroom poppers. Mighty tasty!

Was going to go out this morning but too darn cold...
    Definitely going to try your cooking method tonight...stuffed mushrooms sound great!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I just found my very first mushroom half an hour ago. My grandmother used to talk about them when I was a kid and I've obviously heard a lot about them over the years but I'd never found one and have never tasted one before. Found this guy while working on tree stands and there was one other about a foot away. Looked for another 45 minutes but couldn't find any more. They're soaking in water now, gotta figure out what to do with em now, I'm worried that this might become an obsession, I already love mushrooms and these might push me over the edge.

fyw7Pp4h.jpg

5GsOD0Dh.jpg

Top Bottom