• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jchuff87

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    A set of good night sights and plenty of magazines, especially if you shoot a lot. Also, the sand paper grips are a huge upgrade; you'll always be able to get a hold of your gun.

MadAngler1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Other than a 25-cent trigger job...

What are some things that Glock-o-philes recommend as must-have upgrades / modifications for a Glock pistol?

More specifically a G-17?

1. A Vicker's tactical slide stop and extended magazine release

2. Night sights

3. Some of grip stippling or texture job to improve the grip on the plastic (especially if it's a gen 3 glock).

I would keep the trigger and barrel stock.

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    In addition to the internal polishing Shooter mentioned early on, I also polish the face of the firing pin block safety, and the contact surface on the trigger bar that pushes it. On older Glocks, the face of the block was smooth, but still benefits from polishing. On the newer ones, the face has a "teat" in the center, making it look like a record (CD?). I sand with 400, 600, then polish with fine compound, in order to smooth it out. It takes a noticeable "bump" out of the trigger pull.

I'm getting used to that. My 19 doesn't have it, my G26-4 has it and when I feel the bump, I know I've about taken the slack up. Both have triggers at about 3# and I like both 'methods'.

Lemmitt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    New Albany
    Clips clips clips....night sights are pretty awesome, and like it was said before I love the 8lb trigger. I'm used to it now so when the time comes to :ar15: there is no hesitation or pause

loganbarker30

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Night sights are a must, but I just recently put a grip force adapter on my glock and really like the way it feels. I have also heard nothing but good things about the Haley skimmer trigger...

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I now claim the right to have an opinion on Glocks!

1. Metal night sights that you can use the rear to rack the slide in an emergency.
    2. A 3.5 lb. connector.
    3. Lots of extra magazines.
    4. Shoot the crap out of it.

Optional: stickers on the slide featuring monkeys, peace signs, wedges of cheese, etc.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Night sights are a must, but I just recently put a grip force adapter on my glock and really like the way it feels. I have also heard nothing but good things about the Haley skimmer trigger...

I really wanted to like that trigger so I could be one of the cool guys. Fortunately someone let me try theirs before I plunked down the cash. It is ok, but not $150.00 of ok.

Eskion

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    Hammond
    I'm definitely looking into night sights for my Gen3 G-19. What night sights do you guys recommend? Also looking into the guide rod. Really glad I came across this thread

Top Bottom